The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Anything sportlike
JW90
Registered user
Posts: 6346
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 am

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby JW90 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:17 pm


User avatar
Holden Mcgroyne
Registered user
Posts: 9834
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:13 pm

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby Holden Mcgroyne » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:44 pm

Baffling that there doesn't appear to have been any other bidders. He'll be going for twice that in a year's time.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

kancutlawns
Posts: 40000
Posts: 69041
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby kancutlawns » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Good bit of business by Leicester there.

JW90
Registered user
Posts: 6346
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 am

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby JW90 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:12 pm

We've put together a decent little team, hopefully with the right manager to guide them. Still think Maguire will go but three players added to positions needed, probably a striker light before we're sorted.

User avatar
Reg
Registered user
Posts: 37499
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:15 pm
Location: Welding shop

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:42 pm

I was thinking Leicester were looking good at the end of last season, and they seem to be making canny signings.

The thing I don’t understand is how they manage to stay within the FFP rules.

Did they make a big profit by selling players in the past year or so?
Er... It's a man, Derek.

JW90
Registered user
Posts: 6346
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 am

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby JW90 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Reg wrote:I was thinking Leicester were looking good at the end of last season, and they seem to be making canny signings.

The thing I don’t understand is how they manage to stay within the FFP rules.

Did they make a big profit by selling players in the past year or so?


The club have made a profit each season since promotion. Obviously it varies year on year but the Champions League money must've helped hugely as it was around £80 million in prize money and made £120 million last season. I think, before this summer, player signings and outgoings were fairly similar (Kante and Drinkwater went for £30 million each, then Mahrez for £60 million) and I wouldn't be shocked to see Maguire leave for around £80 million. Payments for players are probably staggered too over a period of time.

Geoff might know more being closer to it all.

User avatar
shabbado
Registered user
Posts: 22297
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:42 pm

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby shabbado » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 pm

Rodgers has gone from signing France u21 players from PSG for £8m when manager of Celtic to spending £40m on the lad Telemans and similar on Perez from Newcastle

But remember Celtic are a huge, massive huge huge club....they've got a supporters club in Moscow or summat
A joyless arsehole

User avatar
Hillman avenger
Registered user
Posts: 12883
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: north and south

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby Hillman avenger » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:06 am

Liverpool
Net - £83.43

Man City
Net - £465.86

Man Utd
Net - £372.68

Spurs
Net - £103.18

Arsenal
Net - £156.87

Chelsea
Net - £133.69
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Suhari
Registered user
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby Suhari » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:04 pm

kancutlawns wrote:Southampton have signed Danny Ings for £18m, that’s EIGHTEEN MILLION POUNDS. Just let that sink in for a few minutes.


This was agreed last summer. A late window deal: season long loan, with an obligation to buy at that fee.

Terrible piece of business! At least the guy responsible has left. Dear old Uncle Les.
I might have done one - not sure but possible.

kancutlawns
Posts: 40000
Posts: 69041
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby kancutlawns » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 pm

Suhari wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Southampton have signed Danny Ings for £18m, that’s EIGHTEEN MILLION POUNDS. Just let that sink in for a few minutes.


This was agreed last summer. A late window deal: season long loan, with an obligation to buy at that fee.

Terrible piece of business! At least the guy responsible has left. Dear old Uncle Les.

Thanks for Matt Targett though, looks like a real quality full back.

Charlie Austin is a fucking twat for how he had a go at Hasenhüttl.

Suhari
Registered user
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby Suhari » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:00 pm

kancutlawns wrote:
Suhari wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Southampton have signed Danny Ings for £18m, that’s EIGHTEEN MILLION POUNDS. Just let that sink in for a few minutes.


This was agreed last summer. A late window deal: season long loan, with an obligation to buy at that fee.

Terrible piece of business! At least the guy responsible has left. Dear old Uncle Les.

Thanks for Matt Targett though, looks like a real quality full back.

Charlie Austin is a fucking twat for how he had a go at Hasenhüttl.


I like Matt T: one of our own!

He puts in a terrific cross: expect a bunch of assists from him. Downside is he gets caught out of position too often, and lacks enough pace to recover; so doubt he will ever be 'top, top class'. Hopefully he'll improve through regular games and coaching.

Apparently he is seriously dim too: like 'proper thick'! Nice guy though, so I'm told.

Austin? Busted flush now. And an idiot too.
I might have done one - not sure but possible.

User avatar
black_guardian
Registered user
Posts: 1706
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:30 pm

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby black_guardian » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:15 am

Eliaquim Mangala now told he can leave on a free transfer. £42 million flushed away by Citeh...still, the money has to be washed somehow.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Suhari
Registered user
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby Suhari » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Seems a subdued window so far, compared to previous summers.

Only a few days left: calm before the storm?
I might have done one - not sure but possible.

User avatar
subsub
Registered user
Posts: 20735
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:02 am
Location: Herts

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby subsub » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:38 pm

Harry Maguire to Man Utd for £85m :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

User avatar
shabbado
Registered user
Posts: 22297
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:42 pm

Re: The Summer 2019 Transfer Window...

Postby shabbado » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:39 pm

subsub wrote:Harry Maguire to Man Utd for £85m :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock:
A joyless arsehole


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests