UEFA Euro Qualifiers 2020

Anything sportlike
kancutlawns

Re: UEFA Euro Qualifiers 2020

Post by kancutlawns »

JW90 wrote:
black_guardian wrote:WTF are David James and Martin Keown doing on the pitch at half time with real England legends??!!

I'm no havin' that! :roll:

Anyone who played over 50 times was invited, although Keown played 43 so don't know why he was.

I forgot he even played for England. I’d actually have preferred Paul Merson there instead.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ra ra ra, we're going to win the Euros.

And at home as well. But this will always be the greatest song:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Top work Gaz and skipper H. Both a credit to the nation.

Clivert

Post by Clivert »

WOO HOO! I was lucky enough to get tickets for the first Wembley game on June 14th in the UEFA August ballot which is a fixture that still could be England V Scotland.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote:Ra ra ra, we're going to win the Euros.

Haha. This is a very underrated and underplayed footy tune, buried under the perennial Three Lions, World In Motion and Vindaloo but I remember in the mists of time listening to it when it was out. A number of familiar faces there, a few of whom have since left us. :cry: Brooking, Sansom, Shilts, Corrigan, Clemence, Keegan, Anderson, Big Cyrille, Watson, Woodcock and many more.

subsub

Post by subsub »

England fans booing Joe Gomez = SPASTICS.
WOKE AND PROUD

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

subsub wrote:England fans booing Joe Gomez = SPASTICS.

Maybe, but not just because of Gomez thing.

Anyone who parts with their hard earned cash to watch that bunch of serial under achievers has mental health issues.

I wouldn't watch them if they were playing in the field next door.

With the notable exception of 1966, a 1000 games of under achievement.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Steve Hunt wrote:
subsub wrote:England fans booing Joe Gomez = SPASTICS.

Maybe, but not just because of Gomez thing.

Anyone who parts with their hard earned cash to watch that bunch of serial under achievers has mental health issues.

I wouldn't watch them if they were playing in the field next door.

With the notable exception of 1966, a 1000 games of under achievement.

:lol:
Come on, Steve. BELIEVE!!! :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Haven't seen much of England, but that is some record in qualifying. The only chink for youse is that loss in Czech Republic. Montenegro and Bulgaria are hopeless, but 7-0 against anyone is impressive.

Worrying signs though. Last summer was cutting it too close. I went in to that tournament thinking I had grown up and with 'If England do well and win their games, then why shouldn't I just say fair dues and well done,' that lasted until the Colombia game and sadly out came the Croatia top for that semi final (I didn't buy it and had it from a Croat friend) but I really did think I was past that stage of life now in my 30s.

So for now, it's well done and fair dues, Guvnors. The final and Semi Final will be at Wembley too, so there is no better a time to win it then next year.

If (MASSIVE IF) Scotland can put a run of form together and shite ourselves in to the Euros then we'll most likely be in England's group - that will not be a fun match to watch. Horsed 4-0 at Wembley, but let's walk before we can run and see if we can actually get there.

Anyhoos...

The groups are shaping up. A brief wee summary for anyone interested.

Grp A - is sorted. ENGLAND and the CZECH REPUBLIC are through. At one point last night Kosovo were 1-0 up and looking very good for qualification, the Czechs then piled on the pressure at home too, and managed to beat them 2-1. Kosovo's rise to the top is pretty spectacular as they've came all the way from Pot 6 to here. Not to fear though they have guaranteed themselves a playoff as the won their NL group. They will most likely play North Macedonia which could well be a very tasty game considering the large number of Albanians in Macedonia.

Grp B - UKRAINE are through. Shevchenko has done a fantastic job - won their Nations League group so no playoff required by winning the group. Portugal beat Lithuania 6-0 and Serbia 3 - 2 Luxembourg sets the race up for 2nd spot. Portugal 14 pts, Serbia 13pts. The two final games of the group are Portugal - Luxembourg and Serbia - Ukraine. So not only do Serbia need to win, they also have to hope Luxembourg get something. Luxembourg are ever slightly improving so you never know, rarely get humped these days too and are ahead of Lithuania in the table, but I'd be amazed if it isn't Portugal going to the Euros along with Shevcenko's troops.

Grp C - Germany and Netherlands look the most realistic option from this group. Northern Ireland have a chance, but that unlucky loss in Holland has probably knocked them out - a point would have been huge not just for them, but the make up of the group. Belfast on Saturday, NI could well beat Holland and if they win by 2-0 they would get in to second place, but their final game is Germany away and would need a win probably (as the Netherlands are playing Estonia in the final game). The Baltic nations are really poor right and Estonia sit bottom of the group with a sole point. Germany and Holland to qualify, and NI will have a Playoff spot.

Grp D - Tight. Ire 12; Den 12 ; Swi 11 as of now, although Ireland have played an extra game. Both Denmark and Switzerland are to play Gibraltar which doesn't all that matter really for Ireland as their final game is Denmark at the Aviva and a win of any kind will see the Irish through to the Euros. And what a sweeter way for the Irish to get revenge after the Danes scelped them 5-0 at home in the World Cup playoffs two years ago. I don't quite know how this will go, I'd never ever rule out the Irish - they have a knack of getting massive results when the wind is blowing and big Mick has only lost one game. Although have a feeling it'll be 1-1 or so. It won't matter to a certain extent as two teams will definitely go to the Euros and third spot will most likely have a Playoff.

Grp E - Croatia 14 ; Hungary 12 ; Slovakia 10 ; Wales 8 ; Azerbaijan 1. Wales have two games and can still get through - Azeris away and then Hungary at Cardiff. I am surprised how poor Azerbaijan have been. If I had to put money on going through I'd guess Croatia and Slovakia will go through, but 6pts for Wales will most likely send them through. Doable, indeed. Win that first game and a sold-out Cardiff stadium against a bang-average Hungary could see them through. No one has qualified yet, but a Croatian win will see them through on Saturday against Slovakia.

Grp F - SPAIN are through. Same old Spain, always quite boring.. I'd take it as a Scots fan, but they've humphed and heighed to 2-0s all the way, but doesn't matter a jot they are there. Romania play Sweden tonight and if they win they will go in to second place, but with Spain away to play on Monday. Sweden's final game is the Faroes at home, so it'll most likely be them and Spain going through. Norway - won their Nations League and have secured a Playoff - and Romania are high up on the list for Playoffs from the NL that they will more than likely have a playoff as well. So basically all four will be at the Euros/and or go on to March's Playoffs.

Grp G - Pol 22 ; Aut 20 ; Slo 17 ; MKD 15. Looking at the fixture run up its most likely going to be Poland and Austria going through. I think in every group so far I've basically said for third it doesn't really matter as they've got a playoff waiting, well Slovenia don't. They had a horrendous NL and whilst having one being in Pot A or B would more than likely secure you a playoff spot, doing it C doesn't. And unless Slovenia win both their games Latvia and Poland, then they won't be going to the Euros. Poland, Austria to qualify and North Macedonia to play Kosovo in the playoff.

GrP H - TURKEY and FRANCE are there. Iceland are third and 4pts behind so the group is finished. Iceland have had a decent campaign, but that lost in Albania has probably done them. They took 4pts of the Turks. Iceland will definitely be in the Playoffs ; the difference between them and Slovenia - both had terrible Nations League groups -Iceland were in Pot A so more than likely 11/12 of those teams will qualify directly so Pot As Playoffs will be made up of the best of the rest from B and Cs.

Grp I - BELGIUM AND RUSSIA both through with ease. Scotland will be in the Playoffs. The rest are mostly out. Scotland now have Cyprus away and Kazakhstan home. We need to try and get some momentum going for these games. No doubt we'll find a way of fecking it up. Russia host Belgium on Saturday and I fancy them to beat them and top the group, Russia have impressed me the most in this group. Belgium have been very solid too, but Russia genuinely exciting and fun to watch.

Grp J - ITALY have won every single game and already qualified. Finland are second with 15pts ; Bosnia/Armenia on 10 ; and the Greeks on 8. Finland play Liechtenstein on Saturday, so they are 99% of the way qualified. Even a draw would be enough. A fantastic campaign and always exciting to see new teams at the Euros. Bosnia-Herz have a playoff waiting for them but the Greeks are oot.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Top info, Kevin. =D>

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote:Ra ra ra, we're going to win the Euros.

I had that record on 7 inch.
WE ARE RON'S 22 etc
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Hear the roar of the red, white and blue. Great song.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Here's a better one, Carlos. :wink:

There'll always be an England
While Scotland's there to fight
Along with Wales and Ireland
To keep old England's might

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Shedboy wrote:Here's a better one, Carlos. :wink:

There'll always be an England
While Scotland's there to fight
Along with Wales and Ireland
To keep old England's might

Can’t beat BA Robertson with the Scotch World Cup Team with I Have a Dream.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »