Bile

Anything sportlike
Zambo

Re: Bile

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:37 pm
Zambo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:35 pm
The Tick wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:34 pm
Zambo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:16 am Do sports people ever give up when they are doing well, or is just when they fuck up.
Sportspersons with mental health issues are genuine about them.
Some are but some use it to try and hide failure.

Very little evidence to suggest that. And certainly none in simone biles case.
About the same amount of evidence that she did.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

JimmyDee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:01 pm My guess, as I posted elsewhere, is that she realised, after that first vault, that she didn't have the concentration to do it properly.
If you watch what they do, for our entertainment, they're always one false move from being paralysed from the neck down, and they have to be entirely committed to it, and she just wasn't any more.

I'm not a boxer, and unlike Adam "the cat-man" Catterall, I don't pretend to be one ... but from reading about boxers who have that one fight too many, all the training and sparring goes just the same as it always did, but once the actual fight starts they realise that it's gone, they just don't have "it". In boxing terms, she was "shot".

If she'd just said that, if she'd spoken from the heart and told the telly-watchers that THEY have some part in all of this, assuming that she just had to turn up, then she may have helped Sports-people in the future, but she turned it over to her PR media-people, and read out some wank, not written by her.
Well put, Jimmy.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Carlos J wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:24 pm
JimmyDee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:01 pm My guess, as I posted elsewhere, is that she realised, after that first vault, that she didn't have the concentration to do it properly.
If you watch what they do, for our entertainment, they're always one false move from being paralysed from the neck down, and they have to be entirely committed to it, and she just wasn't any more.

I'm not a boxer, and unlike Adam "the cat-man" Catterall, I don't pretend to be one ... but from reading about boxers who have that one fight too many, all the training and sparring goes just the same as it always did, but once the actual fight starts they realise that it's gone, they just don't have "it". In boxing terms, she was "shot".

If she'd just said that, if she'd spoken from the heart and told the telly-watchers that THEY have some part in all of this, assuming that she just had to turn up, then she may have helped Sports-people in the future, but she turned it over to her PR media-people, and read out some wank, not written by her.
Well put, Jimmy.
At least he put it in a legible manner without the verbal diarrhoea from our resident Gammons.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Jonathan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:30 pm
Carlos J wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:24 pm

Well put, Jimmy.
At least he put it in a legible manner without the verbal diarrhoea from our resident Gammons.
you want to hear what comes out the mouth of the packingtons, the nigglywahjahs etc......jibberish
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

I've gone right off her now.
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, don't stay in the kitchen "supporting" the chefs that are doing all the work and making it all about you.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

She's just not think syncing. Why bother? Who's she trying to convince?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... pping.html

And it always seems that people who fail are looking to put the blame elsewhere.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olymp ... ajski.html

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

JimmyDee wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:26 am I've gone right off her now.
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, don't stay in the kitchen "supporting" the chefs that are doing all the work and making it all about you.
That's what she's doing.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

The Tick wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:43 am That's what she's doing.
Gone home, has she?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

JimmyDee wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:49 pm
The Tick wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:43 am That's what she's doing.
Gone home, has she?
Her physcial location is irrelevant to the fact that she's stopped competing.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:43 am
That's what she's doing.
Either you didn't read or failed to understand, the rest of Jimmy's post :roll:

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

chelseachelsea wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:15 pm
That's what she's doing.

Its not very likely she'll compete for the remainder of the tournament.

So what's the problem?

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:26 pm
chelseachelsea wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:15 pm
That's what she's doing.

Its not very likely she'll compete for the remainder of the tournament.

So what's the problem?
So that confirms you didn't understand Jimmy's post, Thank You.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

There's an awful lot of fuss being made about someone who supposedly doesn't deserve to have a fuss made about her.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:30 pm There's an awful lot of fuss being made about someone who supposedly doesn't deserve to have a fuss made about her.
Yeah, they should give their heads a shake and divert their sympathy to her team mates who deserve it.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:40 pm
The Tick wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:30 pm There's an awful lot of fuss being made about someone who supposedly doesn't deserve to have a fuss made about her.
Yeah, they should give their heads a shake and divert their sympathy to her team mates who deserve it.
As Dennis Norden would say, "let's file this one under... Eureka moment".