Scotch Football

Anything sportlike
kevin04

Re: Scotch Football

Post by kevin04 »

There's a podcast hosted by lower league journeyman and now minor broadcaster, Si Ferry where he interviews (in)famous faces of the Scottish game. Some of it is a bit too many "Aye, did youse go for a drink then?" but they can be funny and some great stories.

Really enjoyed the Jimmy Nicoll one last time, and he's got Arbroath and lower league legend Dick Campbell on Monday. I think Richard Gough was on recently, so maybe one for the Bluenoses on here.

https://opengoal.podbean.com/

Cyprus up for Scotland today. Not fancying it a all,we've got two games to get some (any) kind of form together for those playoffs. It does look like if Wales and the two Irelands' don't qualify then they will be in playoff action too so if we do miss out, we hopefully won't be the only 'Home' nation not at the Euros.

Nothing like a bitter, dour Jock trying to take others down to the depths of despair with us. :twisted: :lol:
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

kevin04 wrote:I think Richard Gough was on recently, so maybe one for the Bluenoses on here.
Don't forget, Gough was a United favourite and League winner before he sold his soul to the Dark Side.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Shedboy wrote:
kevin04 wrote:I think Richard Gough was on recently, so maybe one for the Bluenoses on here.
Don't forget, Gough was a United favourite and League winner before he sold his soul to the Dark Side.

He's from the Ferry is he not? Or at least has family there.

Gallagher to score any time is/was 16/1.

finchman

Post by finchman »

As an avid follower of scotch fitbae,I can honestly say I've never heard of half of them fuckers.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

finchman wrote:As an avid follower of scotch fitbae,I can honestly say I've never heard of half of them fuckers.
As a born and bred Scotsman, I, too, can honestly say I've never heard of half of them.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Stevie G still looking for a trophy.

He's done a good job at Rangers (but mind, he's had money too) but he's almost like a more glamours version of Derek McInnes. You can win all the meaningless Old Firm games in the world but when it matters, Celtic seem to get the job done.

Brendan Rodgers is most likely a better coach than Lennon. We've seen their previous records at other clubs ; yet Celtic look harder to beat especially in Europe under Lenny than Brendan. Then again, Brendan blooded some of the talent coming through so Neil is getting the benefits of that.

I was at Gayfield yesterday. 1-1 between Arbroath and Dundee. A game of two halves and Arbroath were excellent in the first whilst Dundee probably just better in the second. All ticket affair - not often that happens and same again as the Lichties host Dundee Utd. The Dees brought through 1,100 fans and there was about 1,800 home fans. The most Police I've seen but no trouble at all.

Don't think I'll be back until the Dundee Utd game in March ; but I'll have a scan at the fixtures/talk to my pal too. Arbroath are looking good for staying up, they're getting results and vital draws and wins. The lower leagues can be mad as well that a team sitting bottom or 9th may well end up in the Playoffs by May. So there's an outside chance they could even end in the playoffs, but speaking to a few folk yesterday, everyone would settle for 3rd bottom and survival.

Jack Ross has done very well at Hibs. He's a good appointment and very harshly sacked at Sunderland - albeit too many draws. Hearts finally get their man - the ex-Barnsley German lad - could be a good appointment ; he got them up and then sacked although wonder what he knows about Scottish football. We've seen English Championship managers like Heckingbottom ; Stubbs ; all come to Scotland and sacked.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

So time travelling Celtic win the 2020 League Cup again. Well done. Can they tell us who won the General Election ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Kev, you’re a lot closer to what’s happening north of the border, what do you think is an acceptable level of progress that Rangers fans would accept from Stevie G, over what period and when do you think he’d start getting pressure to deliver?

Perhaps they have bridged the gap since he arrived but surely he’s expected to do whatever’s need to break Celtic’s run of the SPL.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Freezing my gonads off at Gayfield for the mighty Arbroath taking on the world famous Dundee United.

You here, kev?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Shedboy wrote:Freezing my gonads off at Gayfield for the mighty Arbroath taking on the world famous Dundee United.

You here, kev?

At last at a ground thats named after your hobby.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Basualdo wrote:
Shedboy wrote:Freezing my gonads off at Gayfield for the mighty Arbroath taking on the world famous Dundee United.

You here, kev?

At last at a ground thats named after your hobby.

Shouldn't you be at the Wankdrof?
A joyless arsehole.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Parkhead?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

You here, kev?

Enjoy Shed-o!

I'm unfortunately not, and probably won't get back til February or March. I believe you brought through about 2,500! Fair dues.

I'll take you for a pint in Tutties for the United - Arbroath game at the end of March!

Enjoy the game!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Hertz are really toiling. New man in (ex Barnsley) Strandl has played 3 lost 3. Levein signed some amount of dross. He loves an English Lower league journeyman player who's no better than some of the squad coming through.

They really could go down. Folk slag Accies and they're not great or a exciting place to visit but they grind out enough wins every year. St Johnstone have picked up some points of late so there's a wee gap appearing between 12th and 11th.

Championship - Dundee Utd really are romping it. Another fine win yesterday and looking good to be up by March. Arbroath on a bit of a poor run, but still mid table and 8th will be a tremendous season.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Fine penalty save by McGregor. Still 0-0 in the Auld Firm derby. Finishing has been very poor by both sides.