Scotch Football

Anything sportlike
finchman

Re: Scotch Football

Post by finchman »

Celtic going to ruin the SPL again this year,7 nil ffs.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

finchman wrote:Celtic going to ruin the SPL again this year,7 nil ffs.

May as well hand the trophy to them now. Celtic 2020 Champions, but out of Europe by Christmas.
Also the 2020 League Cup Final is played in December , before the New Year has begun.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
finchman wrote:Celtic going to ruin the SPL again this year,7 nil ffs.

May as well hand the trophy to them now. Celtic 2020 Champions, but out of Europe by Christmas.
Also the 2020 League Cup Final is played in December , before the New Year has begun.

Scottish league cup final was always historically before Christmas.

I'm sure it used to be around November time and there was some absolute classic games. Couple of Rangers vs Aberdeen games stick in the mind

http://that1980ssportsblog.blogspot.com ... rdeen.html
A joyless arsehole.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Patrick Thistle 4-0 Celtic ,
1971/72 League cup final,played in October 71.
Thistle 4-0 up in half an hour,My owd chap was there but wouldn't take me because my mum said I was too young.
Sensational.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

shabbado wrote:[Scottish league cup final was always historically before Christmasl

Seem to recall it always being in March. November 2016 (for the 2017 trophy) Celtic 3-0 Aberdeen. Do I win £5 ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

It was previously before Christmas.
We beat Aberdeen on Dec 8th 1979 to win it then stuffed Dundee on Dec 6th to retain the trophy.

Scumdee also won the League Cup in Dec 1973 beating Celtic in the final.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
shabbado wrote:[Scottish league cup final was always historically before Christmasl

Seem to recall it always being in March. November 2016 (for the 2017 trophy) Celtic 3-0 Aberdeen. Do I win £5 ?

Seems they changed from a November final to a March final around 2000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... Cup_finals

Obviously not been paying attention to Scottish football for the last 20 years :lol:
A joyless arsehole.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I was at Gayfield on Saturday. It was scorchio, and gorgeous. Nae hoully nor wind blowing, just 22 and sunshine striking down.

It's going to be a big ask for Arbroath to stay up - them and Alloa the only "part-time" teams in the league - Alloa have stayed up now for 2 seasons, so it can be done, but I think they have a better squad. If Arbroath can get in two loanees from a Premiership side maybe Bruce Anderson from Aberdeen (if McInnes isn't going to use him much and he's only 19) or even Celtic, considering the relationship they have with them (always playing bounce games/friendlies).

They did well though, and you'd probably say Queens had most of the possession and worked Jamieson (the Lichties keeper) more but Arbroath had better/clearer chances - a goal flogged off that looked very suspect. Dick Campbell writing it off as a point gained, but you'd think they'll need to be winning a lot of games to survive, but we'll see. I don't know where the goals are going to come from and Colin Hamilton probably isn't good enough. We'll see, although the pies had run out by 3.20pm and the loos were "over-worked" so a job for Arbroath to even provide a service now they are up a division. QOTS brought about 200 fans or so, met a few and if anyone ever meets one, don't ever say Dumfries is in the Borders haha ; twice I was scolded for that - Dumfries and Galloway isn't the Borders apparently. Anyhoos, a good bunch and great to see a big away support.

I won't be back at Gayfield until the 13th of September for the Friday night game on BBC Scotland against Thistle. More clubs than Tiger Woods and have family/soft spot for the Jags too, so I'm hoping for football to be the winner :)

Celtic started brilliant. a 7-0 win over St Johnstone, Ryan Christie and Johnston are too fantastic wee players. I really hope MJ goes on to a game, and we somehow get to the Euros next year - there's a wee bit of talent coming through and just to see Scotland get scudded 3 times at a big tournament would be glorious even, we need to get back to a final. Missed the Killie-Gers and Dons-Hertz games today but both sounded brilliant, roll on Sportscene. Good ol' County with a fine win and its about time Accies were relegated, TBH, that plastic pitch and they've clung on for too long, apologies in any Hamilton fans if yer reading, it's 3 minutes tae midnight.

Shankland proving his 4k a week (allegedly) with all four goals as Dundee Utd hammered Caley. 4k is wild money for the Championship/Division 1 in Scotland, but United really need to get up this season. I think they will (apologies Shedders for the Hex I've now put on the Arabs) but I'm looking forward to seeing them in December. And 8 teams all drew in the Championship, so maybe it's an indication of how things are going to go.

And Paul Hartley's Cove (newly promoted from the Highland League) HAMMER title-favourites Edinburgh City 5-0! What a win, and I have a feeling they will be doing two back-to-back promotions. Their squad is decent, a megabucks owner and Hartley - whilst the odd disaster - is a competent coach and gunning to rebuild his reputation after Falkirk and Dundee.

Celtic next up in action on Wed against Cluj, followed by Aberdeen in Croatia and Rangers in Denmark against Midjitland on Thursday, and then on Friday is Thistle v Dundee United. It'll soon be Friday, and the fitba will be back AGAIN!

WOOO

Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Heh...Gayfield
A joyless arsehole.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

Football just isn't a Scotch thing.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Football just isn't a Scotch thing.

Just pump in fuckloads of money. Football didn't used to be a Man City thing.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Lou Grant wrote:
Bad Blue 2000 wrote:Football just isn't a Scotch thing.

Just pump in fuckloads of money. Football didn't used to be a Man City thing.

:D

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

'Mon the Progres!

finchman

Post by finchman »

The mighty hoops out of the champions League, oh dear,what a shame,never mind.
They can now concentrate on humpin seven past Killie and Livingston.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Another Arbroath - Utd game to look forward to Shedders, next week in the Tunnocks Cup.

I hopefully will be in the away end for the Utd - Lichties games in February in the league (hoping the Broath will still be fighting for their Championship survival by then).

Scottish fitba, wha's like us?

Irn Bru Cup and Tunnock's Cup plus the Ladbrokes Premiership ; just need the Methadone League Cup.