Scotch Football

Anything sportlike
Shedboy

Re: Scotch Football

Post by Shedboy »

kevin04 wrote:Another Arbroath - Utd game to look forward to Shedders, next week in the Tunnocks Cup.

I hopefully will be in the away end for the Utd - Lichties games in February in the league (hoping the Broath will still be fighting for their Championship survival by then).

Scottish fitba, wha's like us?

Irn Bru Cup and Tunnock's Cup plus the Ladbrokes Premiership ; just need the Methadone League Cup.
September 7th for the Wafer Cup, kevin. Just a fortnight before we play each other again in the league; nothing like familiarity is there?

finchman

Post by finchman »

Watching Steevie Gs Rain-Jers at Methill against the mighty East Fife.
One stand,2,000 punters and three sides of breeze block walls and parked cars.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Shedboy wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Another Arbroath - Utd game to look forward to Shedders, next week in the Tunnocks Cup.

I hopefully will be in the away end for the Utd - Lichties games in February in the league (hoping the Broath will still be fighting for their Championship survival by then).

Scottish fitba, wha's like us?

Irn Bru Cup and Tunnock's Cup plus the Ladbrokes Premiership ; just need the Methadone League Cup.
September 7th for the Wafer Cup, kevin. Just a fortnight before we play each other again in the league; nothing like familiarity is there?

See you at Gayfield in December, Shedders. :)
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Belter of a game on BT between Utd and Dundee, 1-0 Utd after 20 mins.

Shedders seen going wild!

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Going wild on MSC Seaview in the Med, unfortunately.

¥%&&%#@!

FUCK THE DEES!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Was the game of the weekend, Shedders. Got pals on both sides and my Dee pal did make me laugh with his response - he's usually quite jovial and more to say rather than

Me - You at Tannadice?
Him - Yup. Awful!

:D

United look the best of a bang average bunch. I've been watching most BBC Scotland games plus the odd Lichtie game live and Inverness and Dundee look the best of the rest. Although, feck knows Arbroath are in the Playoff spots after another magnificent win for the Lichties. :)

I'll be at Gayfield on Friday the 13th and who'd have thought Arbroath could by the end of the evening have 10pts and Thistle 1! A long way to go, but a fantastic start for Arbroath really can't have asked for more. A long, long season with a small squad - although added two Hibees on loan (Stirling and Campbell) and a young Finnish lad from Aberdeen - yet to play. Worry about the goals and where are they coming from (Saturday's was a goal keeping blunder) but they look solid enough so far at the back and having seen the likes of Ayr, Morton, Thistle, Caley in TV coverage I think there is a very decent chance of staying up.

And Celtic yesterday. Bossed it again. The media were getting a bity too carried away with Rangers - the Daily Record's predictions a certain Mark McDougall (Aye, Dodgepot McDougall more like) had predicted it to be Rangers 4 Celtic 0. Lennon was tactically brilliant yesterday; nullified Rangers from the get-go and controlled the game without ever dominating but always the better side. I'm still surprised at how fear a lot of Celtic fans were yesterday - pal was on about that's it being 2-0 Rangers now after seeing the XI.

The rest : Dumbarton doing well under Duffy. Another win and now top of League 1 with -3 goal difference, that surely is a record? Being top after 4 games with a negative goal difference. They had next to no players about a month ago ; so fair dues to Duff but a long way to go and it being Scottish football - you could be second bottom at Christmas and end up in the Playoffs in May (4th). Cove go marching on ; they are surely going to go back-to-back up the leagues. Fraser Fyvie is now playing there - far too good ; although had injury issues - and as much as Hartley has had the odd failure ; he's done very well at a few places too and considering his last two jobs, he has a huge point to prove and get back.

Anyhoos Internationals coming up..

Friday, the Russians are coming to Hampden. Not really fancying it or our chances of a result. There is a good midfield there - shame you can't play a 2-8-1 or something. Realistically though, we are looking at the Playoffs for any chance of the Euros. Although who knows apparently Hazard is out injured for the Belgium game on Monday.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Shedders, I ken you are still on your holidays - so nae stress - but just observing Twitter yesterday and noticing a slight contrast between your fellow Arabs reaction to the departing Fraser Aird and Frederic Frans :D

Aird seems like a daft wee laddie who still thinks he's at Ibrox. Whilst Freddy seems a thoroughly decent guy who did a lot for the fans.

vs

finchman

Post by finchman »

Cladwell not pulling up any trees at Thistle kev.

I wonder if Fyvie has shown his Cove team mates his FA Cup Winners medal
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Not at all, Fincho - although they were down to 9 men on Saturday and were 2-1 up before losing 3.2 Never should have let Doolan go. He'll surely be out on his arse if they lose to Arbroath in a week.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

You at the game, Kevin?

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

United holding the mighty Lichties to 0-0 at half time.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Unfortunately not, Shedders. Next week though.

Looks a bit of a make shift Arbroath team - Linn on the bench. But so far so good, Lichties on penalties to get a dream tie in Wales or Ireland (or England next?)

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Done up like a kipper. :lol:

An excruciating 90 minutes followed by an excruciating penalty shootout.

Well done the Lichties.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Haha, probably better you went out. The Cup that no one wants to be in or go 'abroad' considering last year's East Fife - Bohemians scandal.

450 Lichties at United yesterday.

Away trip to Ireland would be ace, although don't know if the club would fancy it regarding costs.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Dundee out as well, after a pasting by Elgin City.