Tottenham Hotspur Disaster Season - 2017/18 and 2018/19

Anything sportlike
Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Disaster Season - 2017/18

Post by Steve Hunt »

kancutlawns wrote:Steve, you’ve restored your twelve point lead over the Gooners with only seven or eight games to go. Do you think that they will still somehow get in the top four considering they have easy opponents or do you think they’re setting their sights on a Europa Cup win?

Kane is out for at least a month, probably 6 weeks.

Our next two PL games are Chelsea & Man C

It doesn't take Einstein to see that we cold easily slip back out of top 4, Lawnsy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Fresh for the World Cup, Steve. Perfect timing: 8)

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Please God, anything but a Rooney call-up.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Please God, anything but a Rooney call-up.

Andy Carroll and Crouchy are ahead of that bald going through the notions for coin cunt, AB.

And that aint great.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve, totally feel your long enduring pain as a Spuds fan, now. Went to see an old mate who lives up in Harrow last weekend and he too thinks Levy is a money grabbing c**t who will sell TVSDA, Kane, Alderweireld, Dier et al and isn’t ever going to increase their salaries beyond sixty odd grand p.w. His words and despondency not to mention longevity as a fan pretty much replicated yours. The only upside he can derive from the club’s position (not league position) is that the walk to Wembley is only thirty minutes from his house and he went to the RM, Dortmund and Juve games.

God, I feel the gloom as I write this. :(

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

kancutlawns wrote:Steve, totally feel your long enduring pain as a Spuds fan, now. Went to see an old mate who lives up in Harrow last weekend and he too thinks Levy is a money grabbing c**t who will sell TVSDA, Kane, Alderweireld, Dier et al and isn’t ever going to increase their salaries beyond sixty odd grand p.w. His words and despondency not to mention longevity as a fan pretty much replicated yours. The only upside he can derive from the club’s position (not league position) is that the walk to Wembley is only thirty minutes from his house and he went to the RM, Dortmund and Juve games.

God, I feel the gloom as I write this. :(

Don't get me wrong, Lawnsy.

It's far better than the Sugar era and indeed the first 12 years of the Levy era.

It's the hope that kills. I know that all our best players will be sold when the price is right. I know that we could have won silverware had Levy invested in 2 or 3 quality players in recent times.

The inevitability that we are are only ever going to get close & be also rans under Levy is what kills me. When ENIC & Levy sell up, they will have made an absolute fortune from the club. They are an investment company. That is all they care about. Silverware, no matter how attainable, is not a consideration.

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

I don't think Spurs fans should underestimate how important it is to win the FA Cup this year.
Is a great opportunity. Beating Utd and Chelsea, while not a breeze, should be comfortable.
They have outclassed them in recent games.

Lose to either and players (and esp. agents) may well encourage approaches from other clubs.

Lot of money around for top players.

I urge Walker to text Kane and Alli all summer to describe how great it is to be a PL winner...... :D :D

Here's hoping Levy reverts to type and cashes in.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

SeanNW8 wrote:I don't think Spurs fans should underestimate how important it is to win the FA Cup this year.
Is a great opportunity. Beating Utd and Chelsea, while not a breeze, should be comfortable.

Lose to either and players (and esp. agents) may well encourage approaches from other clubs.

I urge Walker to text Kane and Alli all summer to describe how great it is to be a PL winner...... :D :D

He will, Sean.

Don't worry about that. Emerged today that Levy is highest paid Football Chairman in UK - he's being paid for making the club lots of money & history has proven that selling our best players is one of the key reasons behind this.

We won't win the FA cup. We won't win anything until Levy & ENIC sell up.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

The Trophy Express

Kevin, the wait goes on !

:lol: :lol:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Forever In Our Shadow

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

He's a good coach, but he's won nothing. And whilst the team should get some of the blame, they've seem to lose the big/vital games, and you'd wonder about him being able to see Madrid through to a Champions League, League, title? They would end up being a very good runner up.

A good guy though.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

kevin04 wrote:He's a good coach, but he's won nothing. And whilst the team should get some of the blame, they've seem to lose the big/vital games, and you'd wonder about him being able to see Madrid through to a Champions League, League, title? They would end up being a very good runner up.

A good guy though.

He had a good chance of winning the FA Cup, but decided to tell the media that he more or less wasn’t interested in it… Most odd from the manager of a team who’ve won nothing in the last TEN years, and a manager who’s won nothing himself.

:)
Forever In Our Shadow

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:
kevin04 wrote:He's a good coach, but he's won nothing. And whilst the team should get some of the blame, they've seem to lose the big/vital games, and you'd wonder about him being able to see Madrid through to a Champions League, League, title? They would end up being a very good runner up.

A good guy though.

He had a good chance of winning the FA Cup, but decided to tell the media that he more or less wasn’t interested in it… Most odd from the manager of a team who’ve won nothing in the last TEN years, and a manager who’s won nothing himself.

Hot Shot Tottenham, we are the Super Spurs
Everybody knows we’re the football connoisseurs. :)

But why does the cartoon say they’ve “done it again” in 1951?

Even then they seem to have had an inflated view of their history...

Roy IN!!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

A good guy though.

Hot Shot Tottenham, we are the Super Spurs
Everybody knows we’re the football connoisseurs. :)

But why does the cartoon say they’ve “done it again” in 1951?

Even then they seem to have had an inflated view of their history...

Did everyone go bald at 12 years old back then?

What was in Brillantine and Brylcreem? Radium?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Steve Hunt wrote:
SeanNW8 wrote:I don't think Spurs fans should underestimate how important it is to win the FA Cup this year.

He will, Sean.

Don't worry about that. Emerged today that Levy is highest paid Football Chairman in UK - he's being paid for making the club lots of money & history has proven that selling our best players is one of the key reasons behind this.

We won't win the FA cup. We won't win anything until Levy & ENIC sell up.

Was listening to Dominic Fifield discussing Spurs’ various approaches to Palace for Zaha.

I was amazed to learn that he is paid more than Harry Kane and Dele Alli combined. (As, presumably, are Cabaye, Benteke, etc.)

I know that Spurs pay Kane and Alli a performance bonus in top of their wages, but even so, that puts the club’s wage structure into perspective.
Roy IN!!