Tottenham Hotspur Disaster Season - 2017/18 and 2018/19

Anything sportlike
Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Tottenham Hotspur Disaster Season - 2017/18 and 2018/19

Post by Steve Hunt »

Home games at Wembley = mid table mediocrity, I suspect.

Plus, of course, our wonderful Chairman will no doubt cash in on some of our best players over the summer whilst failing to find adequate replacements or strengthen the squad as a whole, something that has been desperately needed for years now.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Disaster Season - 2017/18

Post by Steve Hunt »

Levy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40722879

Levy has defended Tottenham's lack of transfer activity this summer and claimed the spending by other Premier League clubs is unsustainable.

I'm dreading the new season. Dreading it.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Get real Steve. If you were a Barnet or a Wycombe supporter, I could understand you being a bit depressed. However you support a team which finished runners up in the Premier league last season, a team who scored nearly 90 goals, and a team who will be participating in the 2017/8 European Champions League. I'd be enjoying every minute. All we have is two League Cups and a couple of Leyland Daf/sherpa Vans trophies, and I'm still looking forward to a season with Harry . The highest we have ever finished in the top division is 6th, and that is a a disgrace for the club which holds the name of this country's second city, but we keep right on.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Zambo wrote:Get real Steve. If you were a Barnet or a Wycombe supporter, I could understand you being a bit depressed. However you support a team which finished runners up in the Premier league last season, a team who scored nearly 90 goals, and a team who will be participating in the 2017/8 European Champions League. I'd be enjoying every minute..

I can cope with the disappointment. It's the hope that kills me, Zambo.

A couple of quality signings and we could actually win something. But Levy simply will not invest. Our first team is pretty good. But a few injuries/suspensions and our squad is threadbare.

He got lucky with Poch and luckier still that some of our academy players & cheap signings coming through.

We are playing at Wembley next season, which I am dreading. Mid table finish and do you think the likes of Kane, Dier & Alli will stick around? Of course not. They want silverware, and rightly so. Poch will no doubt go as well.

All because Levy cannot see the wood for the trees.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

By the start of November the only team you will have dropped any points to will be Man Utd - as long as you maintain momentum, I think the title should be yours this season. An early CL exit and no Europa consolation prize should seal the deal. All your serious rivals will do better in Europe and thus fuck up domestically.

You don't need to bed in new signings as you already have the best team rolling over from last season.

Happy days.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Steve, you aren't going to finish mid-table. You'll be in the top five again like the last three years. This isn't Hoddle, Francis and Gross combined, you actually have top players and a manager to take them forward.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

I'd be happy Steve. You've got £50m for that twat Walker.....a premier league athlete and a non league footballer

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

henrycrs wrote:I'd be happy Steve. You've got £50m for that twat Walker.....a premier league athlete and a non league footballer

Whine, whine whine, bitch and fucking moan.

Jesus H Christ
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Zambo wrote:Get real Steve. If you were a Barnet or a Wycombe supporter, I could understand you being a bit depressed. However you support a team which finished runners up in the Premier league last season, a team who scored nearly 90 goals, and a team who will be participating in the 2017/8 European Champions League. I'd be enjoying every minute. All we have is two League Cups and a couple of Leyland Daf/sherpa Vans trophies, and I'm still looking forward to a season with Harry . The highest we have ever finished in the top division is 6th, and that is a a disgrace for the club which holds the name of this country's second city, but we keep right on.

Never understood this Tottenham pessimism that prevails throughout a lot of the fanbase.

I have a few mates who support Spurs, and while I believe it's quite healthy to be sceptical, Spurs fans make it out they've suffered worse than any club in living memory. They've probably underachieved over a 40-50 year period, yet have been a club on the up for some time and will continue to be so.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Zippy wrote:
Zambo wrote:Get real Steve. If you were a Barnet or a Wycombe supporter, I could understand you being a bit depressed. However you support a team which finished runners up in the Premier league last season, a team who scored nearly 90 goals, and a team who will be participating in the 2017/8 European Champions League. I'd be enjoying every minute. All we have is two League Cups and a couple of Leyland Daf/sherpa Vans trophies, and I'm still looking forward to a season with Harry . The highest we have ever finished in the top division is 6th, and that is a a disgrace for the club which holds the name of this country's second city, but we keep right on.

Never understood this Tottenham pessimism that prevails throughout a lot of the fanbase.

I have a few mates who support Spurs, and while I believe it's quite healthy to be sceptical, Spurs fans make it out they've suffered worse than any club in living memory. They've probably underachieved over a 40-50 year period, yet have been a club on the up for some time and will continue to be so.

Can't see it, Zippy - especially playing at Wembley this season. I'm dreading it.

Conte bang on the money with regard to levy & ENIC (not the fans):

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has questioned Tottenham's ambition, suggesting they have lower expectations than their Premier League title rivals.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy this week defended a lack of signings and railed against "unsustainable" spending.

They were runners up to Chelsea in the Premier League last term, faltered in the Champions League group stages, and again in the Europa League last 32.

"If [Spurs] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy," said Conte.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League, it's not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team.

"Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple."

"My question is this: What are Tottenham's expectations?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40736388

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

JW90 wrote:Steve, you aren't going to finish mid-table. .

Have you seen our recent record at the new Wembley, JW?

Win vs Chelsea, 2008 League Cup final
Loss vs Man Utd, 2009 League Cup final
Loss vs Portsmouth, 2010 FA Cup semi final
Loss vs Chelsea, 2012 FA Cup semi final
Loss vs Chelsea, 2015 League Cup final
Loss vs Monaco, 2016 Champions League
Loss vs Bayer Leverkusen, 2016 Champions League
Win vs CKSA Moscow, 2016 Champions League
Draw vs Gent, 2017 Europa League
Loss vs Chelsea, 2017 FA Cup semi final

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Zippy wrote:

Can't see it, Zippy - especially playing at Wembley this season. I'm dreading it.

Conte bang on the money with regard to levy & ENIC (not the fans):

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has questioned Tottenham's ambition, suggesting they have lower expectations than their Premier League title rivals.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy this week defended a lack of signings and railed against "unsustainable" spending.

They were runners up to Chelsea in the Premier League last term, faltered in the Champions League group stages, and again in the Europa League last 32.

"If [Spurs] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy," said Conte.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League, it's not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team.

"Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple."

"My question is this: What are Tottenham's expectations?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40736388

Obvious question, Steve. What's the fuck's Spurs' ambition got to do with Conte? Not sure I'd be keen on bandying about quotes from an obvious rival as validation of your club's current state and finishing second in league where the top six or seven teams are awashed with hundreds of millions is an achievement. Do I think you'll finish middle of the table and then fall down the leagues in the next few seasons? No and no.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

kancutlawns wrote: Obvious question, Steve. What's the fuck's Spurs' ambition got to do with Conte?

Absolutely nothing.

But that doesn't make his point any less valid. He's bang on the money with his assessment.

With Levy & ENIC, it is all about money. Results on the pitch and silverware are way down the pecking order. That's what kills us. We are so close but with these owners, we are also so far.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I don't call paying extortionate amounts for players that are not worth it ambitious, I call it helping to push football towards ruin. Moreover, I call not doing so making a stand and being sensible and prudent. Many clubs in all divisions have been holding back until the transfer window starts to close, because clubs will start to ask for more reasonable fees.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Zambo wrote:I don't call paying extortionate amounts for players that are not worth it ambitious, I call it helping to push football towards ruin. Moreover, I call not doing so making a stand and being sensible and prudent. Many clubs in all divisions have been holding back until the transfer window starts to close, because clubs will start to ask for more reasonable fees.

With the new TV deal, that isn't going to happen anytime soon, Zambo