FA Cup 2017/18

Anything sportlike
JW90

Re: FA Cup 2017/18

Post by JW90 »

Close game but defensive errors and lack of quality going forward cost us. Kante ran the game unfortunately.

Oh well, we'll never win the FA Cup so it is a normal season.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

JW90 wrote:Close game but defensive errors and lack of quality going forward cost us. Kante ran the game unfortunately.

Agree. Thought it was very close.

Albrighton was very good but wonder if they have a strategy for which post / place in the box he has to aim for when he hits in those crosses?

He is one player who can seemingly get the ball past the first defender but too often, it was a Chelsea defender who usually headed it straight back out again.

Thought Iborro was very good.

Not sure about Moses. Is he another player with an excellent physique and blistering pace but no football brain?

As usual, Murphy on TV was framing his comments about what players did in the context of their intent. When are these pundits going to read the laws?

Other than for handball (deliberate or not), tackles are appraised by officials under law 12 on the basis of how they were made, not why they were made.

having said this, how the f~~k does Danny Murphy know what was the intent of Moses when he raised his arms twice within 10 minutes as he made an effort to get the ball.

This final point can be applied to all modern football but I find watching the way they play their possession football at times makes it a soporific experience.

I never thought I'd be the one saying it but find myself talking to the TV saying 'FFS, hit it forward'.

It continues to drive me nuts when the teams work hard to get the ball to wide players in the final third and they hesitate for a split second, then turn and start a backward passing chain which sometimes ends up with the ball going back to the keeper. Sir Stanley Matthews would be turning in his grave.

The presenters on TV and for extra time, on TS, kept saying 'I'm enjoying this'.

Matterface's commentary with his screeching voice and cheesy cliches is an instant turn-off.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

tennisman wrote:
JW90 wrote:Close game but defensive errors and lack of quality going forward cost us. Kante ran the game unfortunately.

Agree. Thought it was very close.

Albrighton was very good but wonder if they have a strategy for which post / place in the box he has to aim for when he hits in those crosses?

He is one player who can seemingly get the ball past the first defender but too often, it was a Chelsea defender who usually headed it straight back out again.

Thought Iborro was very good.

An overhit cross is too commonplace in our style of play. We appear to believe a tall, physical striker is waiting on the end of them yet Vardy (who is decent in the air but not particularly physical) and Okazaki (too small) usually get nowhere near them. We need to play low, driven crosses in between the goalkeeper and defender or pull it back to an oncoming player. Albrighton has too many crosses that drift out or go straight to the keeper.

Iborra is a calming influence on the team but was up against it yesterday with Kante running the show.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
subsub wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:Man.Utd v Spurs
Chelsea v Southampton.
21st/22nd April

Chelsea v Man U final, then…

Yup. No doubt about it.

That will be 11 years, then !

:D

Indeed, Rupe

Which obviously isn't a problem for the media. Funny how they got their knickers in a twist about 9 years.

:roll:

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence (even you, Rupe - possibly) knows that Spurs won't win a thing until Levy/ENIC piss off.

They are all about making money, nothing else.

Don’t think Utd are too happy with the draw.

Well obviously Southampton was the team Spurs, Utd & Chelsea wanted.

You sound upset that you didn't get Southampton in the draw...
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
subsub wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:Man.Utd v Spurs
Chelsea v Southampton.
21st/22nd April

Yup. No doubt about it.

Indeed, Rupe

Which obviously isn't a problem for the media. Funny how they got their knickers in a twist about 9 years.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence (even you, Rupe - possibly) knows that Spurs won't win a thing until Levy/ENIC piss off.

Upset is a bit strong, Rupe.

I'd have preferred them out of the other two. But it's irrelevent really. We were never going to win the bloody thing anyway.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
subsub wrote:

Yup. No doubt about it.

Indeed, Rupe

I'd have preferred them out of the other two. But it's irrelevent really. We were never going to win the bloody thing anyway.

Only two home ties away from winning it.
Forever In Our Shadow

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Yup. No doubt about it.

Indeed, Rupe

Only two home ties away from winning it.

We won't win anything until Levy fucks off, Rupe.

It will be a Utd v Chelsea final. Utd will win & Conte will piss off back to Italy.

Jose will see his successor off

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Levy, won't be managing the team over the two possible ties. I think you'll be disappointed if you're seriously expecting the ENIC Group to sell up anytime soon.
Forever In Our Shadow

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:Levy, won't be managing the team over the two possible ties. I think you'll be disappointed if you're seriously expecting the ENIC Group to sell up anytime soon.

I think they will sell up within 18 months of the new stadium being completed, Rupe.

The return they get from their investment will be huge. And it's all about the money to them.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:Levy, won't be managing the team over the two possible ties. I think you'll be disappointed if you're seriously expecting the ENIC Group to sell up anytime soon.

I think they will sell up within 18 months of the new stadium being completed, Rupe.

The return they get from their investment will be huge. And it's all about the money to them.

Exactly, so why leave ? There's no pressure on the club from the media about winning trophies, unlike other clubs. So why not sit back and watch the cash roll in ?
Forever In Our Shadow

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Exactly, so why leave ? There's no pressure on the club from the media about winning trophies, unlike other clubs. So why not sit back and watch the cash roll in ?

I'd imagine that will boil down to the amount someone else is prepared to bid, Rupe.

It's all about the coin with that mob.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

I'd imagine that will boil down to the amount someone else is prepared to bid, Rupe.

Mike Ashley, wants £350m for Newcastle United. It's going to take a bid well north of that from someone with very deep pockets, before ENIC sell.
Forever In Our Shadow

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

ENIC won't sell American football coming to the new ground as well as the PL millions
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Mike Ashley, wants £350m for Newcastle United. It's going to take a bid well north of that from someone with very deep pockets, before ENIC sell.

Yes - and it won't be Middle Eastern either, for obvious reasons.

Russian oligarch would be my guess.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Yes - and it won't be Middle Eastern either, for obvious reasons.

Russian oligarch would be my guess.

Alisher Usmanov, just to piss off Stan Kroenke. Stan turned is nose up at a £1bn offer from Usmanov last year...

:x
Forever In Our Shadow