The official unofficial tennis 2017 - 2024 thread

Anything sportlike
delboy1983

Re: The official unofficial tennis 2018 thread

Post by delboy1983 »

theleader82 wrote:If he’d kept the rallies shorter he would have put so much pressure on his body. He let other players dictate rallies and push him all over the court

His speed around the court and his ability to keep the ball in play was the reason he was so successful.
Without that he would never had the success that came his way.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Complete rubbish, MILTON. He was working with tools he was given plus dedicating his entire life to physical and technical improvement. I’d venture his total, single minded dedication outweighs natural talent. This caught up with him with an injury and that’s life.

He got caught up in elongated rallies against a few players because of a will to win. He won pretty much the lot because he’s a shining example of grit and hard nosed determination. What do you want, somebody who goes deep then gives up.

Typical little Englander, MILTON. Pick up a racquet and do it yourself. Snide.

Edit- shut up, Derek, you know shite about tennis.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

delboy1983 wrote:
theleader82 wrote:If he’d kept the rallies shorter he would have put so much pressure on his body. He let other players dictate rallies and push him all over the court

His speed around the court and his ability to keep the ball in play was the reason he was so successful.
Without that he would never had the success that came his way.

He’s had a good career. It’s a shame injuries took their toll. Federer is like a rolls Royce , engineered to perfection. Just keeps going
Man U and rangers

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

EddieCheddar wrote:Complete rubbish, MILTON. He was working with tools he was given plus dedicating his entire life to physical and technical improvement. I’d venture his total, single minded dedication outweighs natural talent. This caught up with him with an injury and that’s life.

He got caught up in elongated rallies against a few players because of a will to win. He won pretty much the lot because he’s a shining example of grit and hard nosed determination. What do you want, somebody who goes deep then gives up.

:lol:
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

EddieCheddar wrote:Complete rubbish, MILTON. He was working with tools he was given plus dedicating his entire life to physical and technical improvement. I’d venture his total, single minded dedication outweighs natural talent. This caught up with him with an injury and that’s life.

:D

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

It’s a shame Murray dumped the one coach that made him a winner ivan Lendl. He didn’t like being told what to do
Man U and rangers

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Long rallies are the name of the current game, as baseline play is prominent in both men's and women's tennis. This causes more stress on soft tissue and joints. The days when players attack the net are long gone, with players afraid that they will be passed with the strength players have underpinned by power racquets.

Injuries will therefore be more common, we have seen a raft of them which have burdened the top players. Murray is just unlucky that he has got a major hip problem, one of the worst places to kop injuries.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Lou Grant

Re: The official unofficial tennis 2019 thread

Post by Lou Grant »

Lou Grant wrote:New tennis season kicked off today. Yay. 8)

My only tip for this season is the rise of the young woman from Belarus, Aryna Sabalenka. A name to watch out for.

Ranked 85 when I wrote this a year ago. Current ranking 11. Already won a major title this year and 3rd favourite with the bookies to win the title in Melbourne behind Kerber and Serena Williams.

But I've retired from posting about tennis on here, because my lack of knowledge of the game has been repeatedly exposed by Zambo and I don't want to embarrass myself further.

I'll just sign off with this shot from Dan Evans. Saw this live at 4a.m. on Thursday - doubt there will be a better shot all season. Evans should play Federer in round two at Melbourne next week. A night game, so morning in the UK. Worth a watch.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Yeah, that's not that impressive tbh. When you've played a racket-sport for years your muscle memory and reaction-speed allows you to pull shots like that out. It's a mixture of luck, skill and of course timing. It does show that he is on top of his game though and focused. Nice shot, but a reactionary one. A shot one doesn't have to think about. For me a considered forehand down-the-line that curves-in is more impressive, at least to me. Sad to see you go.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Lou Grant wrote: But I've retired from posting about tennis on here, because my lack of knowledge of the game has been repeatedly exposed by Zambo and I don't want to embarrass myself further.

It's just called having a different opinion Lou. What you have just posted, embarrasses yourself a good deal more than simply not agreeing with someone.

No need to stop posting either, just tell yourself you are not going to get in a tizz every time someone dares to say they don't agree and posts a counter opinion.

And don't be so Andy Murray like.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Kyle Edmund, gone. Andy Murray next ?

Lets hope the Paraguay fan at least puts up a half decent show.

:wink:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Sinbad wrote:Kyle Edmund, gone. Andy Murray next ?

Lets hope the Paraguay fan at least puts up a half decent show.

:wink:

:twisted: :wink:
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:It’s a shame Murray dumped the one coach that made him a winner ivan Lendl. He didn’t like being told what to do

Who didn't like being told what to do? Lendl or Murray?

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

A set down !
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Sinbad wrote:A set down !

Are you glad :(
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year