The Championship 2018/19/20

Anything sportlike
Zippy

Re: The Championship 2018/19

Post by Zippy »

Northern Troglodite wrote:
Zippy wrote:Shitting the bed.

Villa & Brentford to come too.......seldom bodes well for the just miss out sides in the PO's, Boro will miss out on PO's because we simply don't score enough goals to win games , 2 games v Leeds where we coped well enough , can he lift Leeds is the question ZIpp?

On our day Trog we are the best team in the league (IMO). But just so inconsistent. Our stats are embarrassing - pummeling teams and losing. It happens so often too.

If we can't get up with Bielsa in charge then we are fucked.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Zippy wrote:
Zippy wrote:Shitting the bed.

Villa & Brentford to come too.......seldom bodes well for the just miss out sides in the PO's, Boro will miss out on PO's because we simply don't score enough goals to win games , 2 games v Leeds where we coped well enough , can he lift Leeds is the question ZIpp?

On our day Trog we are the best team in the league (IMO). But just so inconsistent. Our stats are embarrassing - pummeling teams and losing. It happens so often too.

If we can't get up with Bielsa in charge then we are fucked.

Unfortunately i fear yr set piece defending costs you Ayeling, Jannsen, etc seem like flat track bully defenders who cry a lot when others get about them physically , Bielsa can't allow for that & i think he'll walk in the summer ...can have Pulis :D

FFP will fuck a few after this season ends too, villa NEED to go up to balance books, We have taken in a fair few bob for traore,gibson,bamford etc so should be ok , all in all rather be in Villas boots ,because they are rolling
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I think Bielsa will stay regardless. Thankfully we are in a good spot in terms of FFP but it'll be inevitable that we will lose a couple of players if we don't go up. Kalvin Phillips would be the big fear.

I don't fear Villa or West Brom, as we tend to beat teams who play football against us. It's the compact, every man behind the ball sides we struggle against. Nevertheless, our record in playoff football is abysmal and I don't think certain players (Harrison, Foreshaw, Alioski) have the stomach for a scrap. When Pablo Hernandez doesn't turn it on then the whole team struggles. Saiz would be ideal at this time of the season and it's baffling that we let him go without a replacement.

You actually have a point about Jansson. He's our best defender and one of the best players in the league but he got bullied on Friday. He should be far more dominant for a man of his size.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zippy wrote:I think Bielsa will stay regardless. Thankfully we are in a good spot in terms of FFP but it'll be inevitable that we will lose a couple of players if we don't go up. Kalvin Phillips would be the big fear.

I don't fear Villa or West Brom, as we tend to beat teams who play football against us. It's the compact, every man behind the ball sides we struggle against. Nevertheless, our record in playoff football is abysmal and I don't think certain players (Harrison, Foreshaw, Alioski) have the stomach for a scrap. When Pablo Hernandez doesn't turn it on then the whole team struggles. Saiz would be ideal at this time of the season and it's baffling that we let him go without a replacement.

You actually have a point about Jansson. He's our best defender and one of the best players in the league but he got bullied on Friday. He should be far more dominant for a man of his size.

I reckon that Leeds will be well choked if they miss out on automatic promotion and will be there for the taking. Playing them on Sunday will give us a low down if and when we play them in the Play off final and we can do you lot with our pace down the wings, the creativity of Grealish and workmanship of McGinn.

Everything riding on Sunday for Leeds and pressure should hopefully be off us. Hopefully going into the game with an eleventh straight win up in the air.

Northern Troglodite

Zippy wrote:I think Bielsa will stay regardless. Thankfully we are in a good spot in terms of FFP but it'll be inevitable that we will lose a couple of players if we don't go up. Kalvin Phillips would be the big fear.

As a outsider you see what i do when Monk was here i thought he would of had PH, leeds were skint , prob would of took money ? Harrison was here last year ....poor whenit gets tough , Forshaw .....cheers for cash , Alioski is a cheating snide cunt , fear for you because expectations have been cranked & think pressure will kill em ?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Zippy wrote: I don't fear Villa or West Brom, as we tend to beat teams who play football against us. It's the compact, every man behind the ball sides we struggle against.
Yep, that makes perfect sense as we did the double over Leeds this season. :wink:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Zambo wrote:
Zippy wrote: I don't fear Villa or West Brom, as we tend to beat teams who play football against us. It's the compact, every man behind the ball sides we struggle against.
Yep, that makes perfect sense as we did the double over Leeds this season. :wink:

Birmingham were the prime example! :)
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zippy wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Zipster, would Leeds fans be devastated if you miss out on automatic promotion or do you think you will be of the frame of mind to negotiate three ties to get to the Prem?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kancutlawns wrote:
Zippy wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Zipster, would Leeds fans be devastated if you miss out on automatic promotion or do you think you will be of the frame of mind to negotiate three ties to get to the Prem?

Of course. We led the division for much of the season up to January and looked well set to go up.

The reality is however that this squad finished 13th last season. Barring two additions (Bamford and Douglas) it's the same team. Bielsa has worked miracles, but we should have added a few players in January. Missing out on Daniel James was a big loss - he'd have given us something different.

One thing about this Leeds team is they are good at bouncing back from defeats. Hopefully they show their worth in these final three games.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

As a outsider you see what i do when Monk was here i thought he would of had PH, leeds were skint , prob would of took money ? Harrison was here last year ....poor whenit gets tough , Forshaw .....cheers for cash , Alioski is a cheating snide cunt , fear for you because expectations have been cranked & think pressure will kill em ?

Ironic when you have that shithouse Ayala in your team of rugby players! :D
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zippy, do you think all the talk about the history of the club and how long you've been out of the top flight is playing a part in some results? Or just that strange results happen and always will?

Northern Troglodite

Ooooo , like your defenders dont hold etc , they cry like babies when its done to them , but dish it out plenty

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JW90 wrote:Zippy, do you think all the talk about the history of the club and how long you've been out of the top flight is playing a part in some results? Or just that strange results happen and always will?

A bit of both. You could feel the pressure at home to Wigan last Friday and it definitely affected the players. The Championship is also a freakish league. The annoying thing is of the 11 games we've lost, we only genuinely deserved to lose about three of them. We've often cost ourselves - our chances created to converted rate is abysmal. Among the lowest in the league.

I also think Bielsa has simply overachieved and raised expectations. We have 6-7 very good players but a lot of passengers. However, they've mostly had the seasons of their lives.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Northern Troglodite

Pulis V O'neil.........El Jurrassico today :D

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Northern Troglodite wrote:Pulis V O'neil.........El Jurrassico today :D

Got you in a treble Trog! Forest looked truly woeful last week.
"Cunt" - sjbarca