The Championship 2018/19/20

Anything sportlike
Jonathan

Re: The Championship 2018/19

Post by Jonathan »

Zambo wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Yeah, what on earth were Spurs and Liverpool players doing celebrating getting to the CL final last week. They’ve achieved nothing. Only celebrate once it’s won right. You’re a right joyless cunt. No offence of course.

lol, getting to the Champions League final is achieved over a whole season of group games and then knockouts. Derby won 20 out of 46 games, and finished a quarter of the way down the table. But hey, they are high achievers and getting pissed and celebrating in that manner, they deserve it.

I feel a Kevin Keegan moment coming on. :lol:

ps good job you said 'no offence' :wink:

Its getting to a final so it’s worth celebrating. Personally I have no preference on either team winning but glad to see you have nailed your colours to Team JT. :D

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

There is no doubt that Terry is a massive cunt, but Lampard is a miserable smug arrogant cunt, and just shades it. I guess it's what Chelsea does to people. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Sir Neil Warnock and Cardiff City have an important job to do in winning the Championship outright next season and therefore I'd rather see Derby gone because they're developing and they'll get better whereas AV are the same every year and always beatable.
Also, everyone enjoys seeing Grealish practising for the Olympic diving gold and we don't want to miss the spectacle of him grimacing , adjusting his hair and falling all over the place next season.

I thought you were a Blues man anyway ? Much better club !
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Blues through and through, but lived in the middle of Villa country, and all my mates were vilers. We used to go to St Andrews one week and Villa Park the next. Never had any anymosity against the Villa, just lots of banter and pisstaking both ways.

No time for the Rams though, always been a small club, they can fuck off.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

In fairness they did very well under Brian Clough with Dave McKay and co so they've got some history.
Outside the brummy triangle everyone likes Birmingham City but AV aren't popular. I'd much rather see them going up

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Went to both legs of the semi final. West Brom defended with discipline in both legs and just relied on scraps when our defence let down their guard. Parked the bus and were a pretty negative side. Brunt is a twat for getting a second yellow, for someone so experienced. Hegazi’s a quality player.

We pushed them in the second half at Villa Park but struggled to break them down but we did try to play football. We do have more quality and more suited to the EPL but well played Baggies. Atmosphere was really good in both games.

Sold my soul to the obscene corporatism at Wembley and will be there in the posh seats next Monday. Can’t wait! Really need to win it otherwise the likes of Grealish, McGinn and Mings will be off.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Quite seriously , ( and I'm going easy on AV now I know you like them lawnsy), you'd be better off without Grealish . He's one of these players who's too clever for his own good and promises a great deal without ever delivering.
The longer you wait round for him to develop into the next Johan Cruyff the longer you'll play the predictable football built round him that's making you come up just short so often.
That's my honest well meant opinionion, not being nasty or critical .

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The BBC currently making the play off final all about Chelsea. :roll:

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zambo wrote:The BBC currently making the play off final all about Chelsea. :roll:

Not just the BBC. The press generally have been banging the Lampard to Chelsea drum for weeks, then you've got the Terry connection, the youngsters at both clubs from Chelsea.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Villa walloped us twice 3-0, but it totally relies on Grealish getting space to play . Glad Derby beat leeds after bamfords theatrics etc & think they will have the momentum with them after totally finding leeds out 2nd half with quick movement.
Lumped on Villa for play offs , but have a inkling it may be derby now as they seem to have more options than Villa

Either way , the loser is fucked with FFP next year !!!!!!!!!!!
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Looking forward to this Chelsea game today. :smt023 :D

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Good team move by Villa for the goal.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Northern Troglodite wrote:Villa walloped us twice 3-0, but it totally relies on Grealish getting space to play . Glad Derby beat leeds after bamfords theatrics etc & think they will have the momentum with them after totally finding leeds out 2nd half with quick movement.
Lumped on Villa for play offs , but have a inkling it may be derby now as they seem to have more options than Villa

Either way , the loser is fucked with FFP next year !!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't Derby cheat the system by selling their stadium to their owner for a hugely inflated price?
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Home and Dry for Villa. Poor Frank.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Villa deserved it. Derby will rue two poor defensive errors.