Arsenal Disaster Season -2018/19

Anything sportlike
Sinbad

Re: Arsenal Disaster Season -2018/19

Post by Sinbad »

SeanNW8 wrote:Welcome win but lots of work needs to be done.
Team still unbalanced and against decent teams, we're there for the taking.
Our mentality is not strong enough and the lack of real leaders on the pitch is a big worry.

Still, we are level with the best ever Tottenham team, who are managed by the best emerging manager in the world, so it can't be all bad..... :D :D

Sorry, not having any of that. Its another shit stick that the media use to beat Arsenal with.

Granit Xhaka,Petr Cech,Henrikh Mkhitaryan,Aaron Ramsey, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Laurent Koscielny, all have full caps as their national teams captains. I'm not sure how many leaders the media want on the fucking pitch. As for spurs and Pochettino... a manager who has won nothing managing a team that has won nothing.

Nine years without a trophy and Arsenal had it rammed down their throat at every opportunity. Next February will be ELEVEN years without a
trophy for that mob down the road, yet the media hardly ever mention it. All too busy sucking the cocks of Pochettino, Kane , and that cunt Dele Alli.
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sinbad wrote:
Our mentality is not strong enough and the lack of real leaders on the pitch is a big worry.

Still, we are level with the best ever Tottenham team, who are managed by the best emerging manager in the world, so it can't be all bad..... :D :D

Sorry, not having any of that. Its another shit stick that the media use to beat Arsenal with.

Granit Xhaka,Petr Cech,Henrikh Mkhitaryan,Aaron Ramsey, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Laurent Koscielny, all have full caps as their national teams captains. I'm not sure how many leaders the media want on the fucking pitch. As for spurs and Pochettino... a manager who has won nothing managing a team that has won nothing.

Nine years without a trophy and Arsenal had it rammed down their throat at every opportunity. Next February will be ELEVEN years without a
trophy for that mob down the road, yet the media hardly ever mention it. All too busy sucking the cocks of Pochettino, Kane , and that cunt Dele Alli.

To be fair, it’s all the ex-Arsenal players in the media, and there are shit loads, who are always saying it unless it’s those you are having a go out.

It’s pushing it a bit to call Ramsey a leader. The poor lamb is probably too tired to be considered one of those :D

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:that cunt Dele Alli

Reported.
Roy IN!!

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

Sinbad wrote:

I'll respectfully disagree.
In the big games, during the key moments when we are under pressure, I'll put money on us folding and conceding.
We have the quality but our mentality is weak. That to me comes down to leadership. Organising people, ensuring people do their jobs and doing what is needed to survive moments when we are second best all over the pitch. We just don't dig in when we need to.

But I'll respectfully agree on every point you made about Spurs....... :dart: :D :)

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Still not having it, you make Arsenal sound like the only side that folds under pressure. I think i'm correct in saying that last season Arsenal were near the top for points won from a losing position. Conceding goals isn't down to leadership, it's down to players making errors.

If you're right about Arsenal, i have a question for you. Are Arsenal the only PL side who lack leaders ? Because Arsenal are the ONLY team i ever hear the media say lack leaders.
Forever In Our Shadow

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

I don't think over recent years, none of the other top 6 sides have suffered the heavy defeats we have.
Conceding so many goals at Anfield, OT and City's ground has been horrific to watch.
We folded like a pack of cards. Teams who have leaders would not have conceded so many.

We win from losing positions against the poorer teams.
If we concede first against a rival, I can't remember us coming back from going behind. Though I stand to be corrected.

Media are unfair to us, I aagree. But for players of our quality, in the really key moments, our teams lack leadership.
The League Cup final last year is a prime example. Once went behind, we simply gave up. A team containing leaders would not have reacted in such a way. Sure other teams fold just as much, but they don't have the technical quality we have.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

GAZIDIS OUT
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

SeanNW8 wrote:I don't think over recent years, none of the other top 6 sides have suffered the heavy defeats we have.
Conceding so many goals at Anfield, OT and City's ground has been horrific to watch.
We folded like a pack of cards. Teams who have leaders would not have conceded so many.

We win from losing positions against the poorer teams.
If we concede first against a rival, I can't remember us coming back from going behind. Though I stand to be corrected.

Media are unfair to us, I aagree. But for players of our quality, in the really key moments, our teams lack leadership.
The League Cup final last year is a prime example. Once went behind, we simply gave up. A team containing leaders would not have reacted in such a way. Sure other teams fold just as much, but they don't have the technical quality we have.

We've only become a top six side in the last two seasons, for the previous twenty seasons we have been a top four side. Yes i'll agree that we have had way too many painful results. But if a team with no so called leaders can achieve what Arsenal have in the last fifteen years, it's doesn't say too much for many of the other PL sides.
The likes of Everton, spurs, West Ham, Newcastle never get called out regarding leadership. Tbh, i'll stick to watching Arsenal with no leaders any day of the week.
Forever In Our Shadow

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sinbad wrote:Aaron Ramsey will be signing a new contract with Arsenal. Practically all but done. Contract length still hasn’t been decided as well as a few minor contractual details.

.. :)

:-k

Reg

Post by Reg »

Jonathan wrote:
Sinbad wrote:Aaron Ramsey will be signing a new contract with Arsenal. Practically all but done. Contract length still hasn’t been decided as well as a few minor contractual details.

I’ve been telling Sinbad for a year or so that Ramsey wants a move to Palace.

Looks like he’s forcing the issue now.
Roy IN!!

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Jonathan wrote:

Indeed...

Daft Ivan Gazidis offered him £250k a week. Now Gazidis has gone, Arsenal have pulled the plug on the deal.
Forever In Our Shadow

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad ignoring the elephant in the room.
Roy IN!!

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Petr Cech has found a bit of form, played well against Everton and a good 1st half against Watford. Now looks like he'll be out for 4-6 weeks.
Step up Bernd Leno..Lets see if you can keep Cech on the bench once he's regained his fitness.
Forever In Our Shadow

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Reg wrote:Sinbad ignoring the elephant in the room.

He wants £250k per week... Has Steve Parish got pockets that deep?

This is all down to Mesut fucking Ozil, Ivan Gazidis folded and gave him £350k per week. I don't think it's unreasonable for Ramsey to ask for £100k less per week.
Forever In Our Shadow

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:Sinbad ignoring the elephant in the room.

He wants £250k per week... Has Steve Parish got pockets that deep?

No, but Ramsey wouldn’t expect that at Palace.

Just accept it mate, and move on.
Roy IN!!