Arsenal Disaster Season -2018/19

Anything sportlike
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Arsenal Disaster Season -2018/19

Post by Basualdo »

Sinbad wrote:Back in the day.... 8)

£5m for David Platt or £4.5m for Chris Armstrong ? I know who got the better deal.

Even back than as a pundit, Alan Hanson was making a cunt of himself ...

:lol:

And Stuart Pearce showing the sort of insight and intuition of the game that makes him a regular at Hatfields these days.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Basualdo wrote:

£5m for David Platt or £4.5m for Chris Armstrong ? I know who got the better deal.

And Stuart Pearce showing the sort of insight and intuition of the game that makes him a regular at Hatfields these days.

Bet even back then Pearce was calling for the 4 year Jack Wilshere to be pulled for the senior squad, as he can learn his trade with the under 21's... " What's 4 year old Jack going to gain sat on the bench for England at Euro 96? "
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Sinbad wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Bet even back then Pearce was calling for the 4 year Jack Wilshere to be pulled for the senior squad, as he can learn his trade with the under 21's... " What's 4 year old Jack going to gain sat on the bench for England at Euro 96? "
I remember some pundit saying about Bergkamp when he signed for Arsenal - it might even have been Pearce quoted in the ceefax page - trotting out that old raddled Dougy aged cliché that Bergkamp would be found out "playing in the pouring rain on a freezing Wednesday night cup tie in Stoke."

To which the WSC (when it was decent) replied "Ah yes, those tropical Dutch will miss the sultry palm fringed pitches of Rotterdam and Eindhoven."
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Basualdo wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

I remember some pundit saying about Bergkamp when he signed for Arsenal - it might even have been Pearce quoted in the ceefax page - trotting out that old raddled Dougy aged cliché that Bergkamp would be found out "playing in the pouring rain on a freezing Wednesday night cup tie in Stoke."

To which the WSC (when it was decent) replied "Ah yes, those tropical Dutch will miss the sultry palm fringed pitches of Rotterdam and Eindhoven."

:lol: :lol: I remember hearing pretty much the same being said about Swedish born, Freddie Ljungberg.
Forever In Our Shadow

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Includes ex Arsenal as well. Sorry, didn't clarify.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Zambo wrote:Includes ex Arsenal as well. Sorry, didn't clarify.

Forever In Our Shadow

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Gooners up in arms about one billionaire buying the shares of another billionaire to pump billions into the club. What is there to complain about?

New manager and quality players like Lacazette and Aubameyang.

Rupe, can you answer?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I thought SeanNW would of been on by now telling us how great it is that Stan is buying total control. :mrgreen:

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Will Baby Ty still sip from the branded cup?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

kancutlawns wrote:Gooners up in arms about one billionaire buying the shares of another billionaire to pump billions into the club. What is there to complain about?

Rupe, can you answer?

Billionaire, Stan Kroenke has only put £49m if his own money into the deal. Kroenke has loaned the other £557m from Deutsche Bank. If things go wrong for Kroenke, Arsenal Football Club won't be responsible for the loan, which is a good thing.... BUT now Kroenke has full control of our club, he'll be able to do as he sees fit. When Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE), came to our club they were takings millions out of the club and calling it a a consulting fee... :roll: The shareholders soon put a stop to that. Only a matter of time before that starts up again, only this time there will be no to stop him. Fans of his MLS,NHL,NFL and NBA teams are far the happy with KSE. Kroenke is a billionaire in his own rights, his wife Ann Walton Kroenke, is an heiress to the Walmart fortune, also worth billions.Next summer will Arsenal be shopping in the same places as Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc ? I think not. KSE, see Arsenal as a cash cow. They have no feeling or love for our club... They won't be putting in, but they'll be taking plenty out.

Kroenke, has also been talking about Arsenal winning the Champions League.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Forever In Our Shadow

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Jonathan wrote:I thought SeanNW would of been on by now telling us how great it is that Stan is buying total control. :mrgreen:

Is this the same Sean who invested £100 on Arsenal winning the league this season ?.. :lol:

Sorry, Sean .. :)
Forever In Our Shadow

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sinbad wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I thought SeanNW would of been on by now telling us how great it is that Stan is buying total control. :mrgreen:

Is this the same Sean who invested £100 on Arsenal winning the league this season ?.. :lol:

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

Sinbad wrote:

I went to bed last night clutching that betting slip. I'm determined not to consider cashing out as we hover between 5th and 6th place over xmas....;)

I'm completely indifferent over the ownership saga. Fans will be ripped whoever is in charge.
Many claim Spurs have progressive and commerically asute board and they are being short changed like many fans.
I'll always support Arsenal but I'll never have the bond I had the the club back in the 80s. We were shit then but the fans were united and we had some fantastic days supporting Willie Young and Brian Talbot.... :D :D

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sinbad wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Gooners up in arms about one billionaire buying the shares of another billionaire to pump billions into the club. What is there to complain about?

Rupe, can you answer?

Billionaire, Stan Kroenke has only put £49m if his own money into the deal. Kroenke has loaned the other £557m from Deutsche Bank. If things go wrong for Kroenke, Arsenal Football Club won't be responsible for the loan, which is a good thing.... BUT now Kroenke has full control of our club, he'll be able to do as he sees fit. When Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE), came to our club they were takings millions out of the club and calling it a a consulting fee... :roll: The shareholders soon put a stop to that. Only a matter of time before that starts up again, only this time there will be no to stop him. Fans of his MLS,NHL,NFL and NBA teams are far the happy with KSE. Kroenke is a billionaire in his own rights, his wife Ann Walton Kroenke, is an heiress to the Walmart fortune, also worth billions.Next summer will Arsenal be shopping in the same places as Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc ? I think not. KSE, see Arsenal as a cash cow. They have no feeling or love for our club... They won't be putting in, but they'll be taking plenty out.

Kroenke, has also been talking about Arsenal winning the Champions League.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, read also that he has forcibly bought shares from club supporters who have an interest in the heritage and have an attachment. It's really not good and as you said, Kroenke can do whatever he wants with it. Sad days.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Aaron Ramsey will be signing a new contract with Arsenal. Practically all but done. Contract length still hasn’t been decided as well as a few minor contractual details.

.. :)
Forever In Our Shadow