Non-League success thread 2018/19/20

Anything sportlike
Holden Mcgroyne

Non-League success thread 2018/19/20

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

With permission gents, a new thread for the upcoming season

It's been an FC tradition since our formation for the club to organise a friendly in the close season against fellow fan owned teams in Europe. We've been to Switzerland and Germany a few times and once quite bizarrely played in South Korea where 23,000 turned up expecting to see Manchester United, not a collection of non-league workhorses. There was also a game in Detroit where fans were worried about leaving the hotel at night for their safety. Next weekend sees us off to Austria to play SV Austria Salzburg a team formed in protest at the takeover by Red Bull of the original Salzburg who changed the club's name and traditional kit colour. We had them over for a fixture last year and their fans were, to put it mildly, a lively lot.

## tart alert ##

The game kicks off at 6pm, our train gets in from Vienna early morning. The ability and capacity to hammer it all day are long gone, I'd be on a mortuary slab by 10pm. I'll probably never get to go Salzburg again and it seems the best way of seeing the place is to go on a ' Sound of Music' tour. :oops: A chance to sing along to some of the classics like 'How do you solve a problem like Di Maria' couldn't be resisted.

Anyway, good luck to all the non-league team lads on here :drinkers: and look forward to updates throughout the season
There's no poem, just prose.

Silkman1972

Re: Non-League success thread 2018/19

Post by Silkman1972 »

Salford City at it again , signing a Scottish Premier League player and reputedly paying him £5.5k a week , bloody madness
Oh you mark my words I am a cunt
Vanarama National League Champions 2017/18

Holden Mcgroyne

Signed a lad from Peterborough for something approaching £600k aand are paying him £7k a week. They’re determined to win the league , consolidating your place in the league is for wimps it now seems

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

Went to a pre-season friendly on Saturday - Droyslden v. Ashton United

https://www.facebook.com/goalsandwicket ... 3485488392

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:With permission gents, a new thread for the upcoming season

It's been an FC tradition since our formation for the club to organise a friendly in the close season against fellow fan owned teams in Europe. We've been to Switzerland and Germany a few times and once quite bizarrely played in South Korea where 23,000 turned up expecting to see Manchester United, not a collection of non-league workhorses. There was also a game in Detroit where fans were worried about leaving the hotel at night for their safety. Next weekend sees us off to Austria to play SV Austria Salzburg a team formed in protest at the takeover by Red Bull of the original Salzburg who changed the club's name and traditional kit colour. We had them over for a fixture last year and their fans were, to put it mildly, a lively lot.

## tart alert ##

The game kicks off at 6pm, our train gets in from Vienna early morning. The ability and capacity to hammer it all day are long gone, I'd be on a mortuary slab by 10pm. I'll probably never get to go Salzburg again and it seems the best way of seeing the place is to go on a ' Sound of Music' tour. :oops: A chance to sing along to some of the classics like 'How do you solve a problem like Di Maria' couldn't be resisted.

Anyway, good luck to all the non-league team lads on here :drinkers: and look forward to updates throughout the season

Great stuff Holden, enjoy Austria mate, I demand a full trip report when you return to Blighty :mrgreen: :drinkers: :smt023
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Lots of comings and goings at SUFC of late, will update further at the weekend when I know what kind of squad we will have left for the coming season :|

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Silkman1972 wrote:Salford City at it again , signing a Scottish Premier League player and reputedly paying him £5.5k a week , bloody madness

We play these bastards a week on Saturday Silko, rest assured we will be letting them know what we think of their Man City-esque shenanigans :D

How's the pre-season gone for your boys mate, are you ready for life back in the big time?

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

tennisman wrote:Went to a pre-season friendly on Saturday - Droyslden v. Ashton United

Any good Tennis-o?

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

lasharoo wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:With permission gents, a new thread for the upcoming season

## tart alert ##

Great stuff Holden, enjoy Austria mate, I demand a full trip report when you return to Blighty :mrgreen: :drinkers: :smt023

Fuck me, just noticed the date on this, you've already been and come back :lol: :lol: :lol: how was it H?

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

lasharoo wrote:
tennisman wrote:Went to a pre-season friendly on Saturday - Droyslden v. Ashton United

Any good Tennis-o?

Click the link, Lash - it's all there :)

Holden Mcgroyne

lasharoo wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

## tart alert ##

Fuck me, just noticed the date on this, you've already been and come back :lol: :lol: :lol: how was it H?

Have to say that Salzburg's ground has the most fantastic views of any I've visited, and I can't wait to get back to there and Vienna for a longer stay.

There's been a complete squad revamp at FC, a mix of youngsters looking for a step up and older pros wanting to play for us for the experience. Seems a happy camp but until they play a few games we won't know how good they are at our level.

Stockport away on saturday, who take their visceral hate for big United out on us instead. Tough start but wouldn't be surprised if there were 6,000 there.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Signed a lad from Peterborough for something approaching £600k aand are paying him £7k a week. They’re determined to win the league , consolidating your place in the league is for wimps it now seems
Looked a good player as well when they came down last season, will be noticeable at that level

All the best for the new season Holden

Holden Mcgroyne

Cheers henry.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
lasharoo wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

## tart alert ##

Have to say that Salzburg's ground has the most fantastic views of any I've visited, and I can't wait to get back to there and Vienna for a longer stay.

There's been a complete squad revamp at FC, a mix of youngsters looking for a step up and older pros wanting to play for us for the experience. Seems a happy camp but until they play a few games we won't know how good they are at our level.

Stockport away on saturday, who take their visceral hate for big United out on us instead. Tough start but wouldn't be surprised if there were 6,000 there.

I hope you give the Stockport boys as good as you get Holden, good luck this season mate :smt023

Silkman1972

Post by Silkman1972 »

lasharoo wrote:
Silkman1972 wrote:Salford City at it again , signing a Scottish Premier League player and reputedly paying him £5.5k a week , bloody madness

We play these bastards a week on Saturday Silko, rest assured we will be letting them know what we think of their Man City-esque shenanigans :D

How's the pre-season gone for your boys mate, are you ready for life back in the big time?

Pre seasons been a bit of a mixed bag to be honest , I think we’ll be alright though this season . Just leaving now for the long journey on the rattler from Hartlepool to Swindon ( can’t miss the first game back in the big time) :drinkers: good luck to your lot and to FC United Holden , here’s to another season
Oh you mark my words I am a cunt
Vanarama National League Champions 2017/18