Premier League Success Thread 2018/9

Anything sportlike
Bad Blue 2000

Re: Premier League Success Thread 2018/9

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

8)
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Royal24s wrote:Yeah exactly. He insisted on this f,,,king red shirts and sacking Malky McKay for the Norwegian idiot now destroying Man Utd , and despite getting into the premiership the fans walked away as he bought useless foreign players for millions.
In fairness he's wised up now in many ways.
Sir Neil Warnock has rebuilt the spirit of the club , as seen when he was given a standing ovation by the fans on the day they got relegated !
Interesting to note by the way that the team which beat Manchester United 2-0 at old Trafford on the last day of the season were all playing in the championship the previous season, and with any luck none of them will be going anywhere despite Chelsea and West Ham waving their chequebooks ---- Point being that what we've achieved , ( and I say we deliberately), has been through blood sweat and tears and on a very small budget compared to most teams and the public remain a huge part of that.
It's that determination which I hope will see us carry the Chamionship away next year because we're still improving and no ones walked away - maybe you recall its what I wanted to see Middlesborough do cause it's a similar club in many ways.

I can understand why people might laugh at this, but to my mind they've done better than Man City because no one bought it for them and so everyone's included.

As everyone knows , we were only relegated by bent refereeing decisions , and I mention this because when Sir Neil Warnock was fined £20,000 for telling them that, the fans did crowd funding and had coin buckets at home matches to pay it. He didn't get sacked because we were temporarily sent back to the championship as most clubs today would have done.

Hey, my whole little fit of passion and defiance there is what you'd get from any Cardiff supporter. That's what I'm saying really , that it's very different from a top six club with bought players, bought supporters from everywhere and where they sack the manager and walk out of the ground if they lose two games.

Nice. Royals, but I fear you and Boro will be in the Championship for a good few years. Sadly. :(

I haven't read up recently on the Sala issue, need to. But as per at the time and on thread, IMO Cardiff handled it badly about the coin. Dodgy Willie is a cunt, that is a given
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Sala issue aside, ( they're going to follow their legal advice), I honestly think they're likely to win the championship outright more convincingly than the wolf Cubs did last year.
They were promoted too early really , as Sir Neil had said repeatedly , but they've given a lot of people a shock this year in the Premiership without any bought in mega stars.
They've certainly done far better than Fulham and only went by a deficit of 2 points behind Brighton.
Unlike Previous relegation under Ole the clown, no one is dispirited , they're not selling their best players and Sir Neil's got clearance to buy six more. The Premiership has sharpened them and they ended that premature adventure being cheered off the field after beating Man Utd 2-0 !
Thing is though that the club is still growing and progressing despite all this . Everyone still believes in Sir Neil and the target of being an established Premiership team in the middle of the table .
The only thing which could stop them is a state of mind. They mustn't treat any opponent in the championship complacently or think that anyone's an easy three points. I don't think they will though because they've only been away one season and they know they've got to treat Sheffield Wesnesday with the same respect and caution they'd treat Arsenal or Chelsea with.

I'm seriously thinking about putting a grand on them fir the title .
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

A Man.City player has never won the PFA Player of the Year. Raheem won the Writers Award being the first City player to do so
since Tony Book in 1969.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

They can chuck their treble in the bloody bin
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

DasBoot wrote:Everton fans singing "We're all having a party when Tottenham win the cup" and Wolves fans "Raheem Sterling, he's top of the league".

A poll this weekend showed that 94% of neutrals are supporting Spurs in the final. Liverpool FC are really despised :lol:

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

94% of neutrals can go fuck themselves :lol:
A joyless arsehole.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote:
DasBoot wrote:Everton fans singing "We're all having a party when Tottenham win the cup" and Wolves fans "Raheem Sterling, he's top of the league".

A poll this weekend showed that 94% of neutrals are supporting Spurs in the final. Liverpool FC are really despised :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Das is oh-so quiet tonight, as per... :-$
WOKE AND PROUD

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

subsub wrote:
shabbado wrote:

Not really a surprise, is it? No doubt he's penning a post full of his usual venom and vitriol.
A joyless arsehole.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote:
subsub wrote:
shabbado wrote:

Not really a surprise, is it? No doubt he's penning a post full of his usual venom and vitriol.

Nah, he only posts when his team wins.
He usually goes missing for months on end... :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD