The Horse Racing Thread - Part 2

Anything sportlike
sammy

Re: The Horse Racing Thread - Part 2

Post by sammy »

Singing The Blues wrote:
ccreds wrote:Good novice chaser come over from France in Master Dino today at Plumpton.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Not sure what he beat, given it was Plumpton, but looked most impressive.

Had him 10lb in front of runner up prior to race and he was officially receiving 5lb so with around stone in hand he was entitled to win this. New JLT fav, find out more after next run in the Scilly Isles Novice chase at Sandown.

Trainer knows the time of day though with Master Minded, Long Run, Laurina & Vautour just some of the horses in his charge before switching stables.
carefree

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

sammy wrote:
Singing The Blues wrote:
ccreds wrote:Good novice chaser come over from France in Master Dino today at Plumpton.

Had him 10lb in front of runner up prior to race and he was officially receiving 5lb so with around stone in hand he was entitled to win this. New JLT fav, find out more after next run in the Scilly Isles Novice chase at Sandown.

Trainer knows the time of day though with Master Minded, Long Run, Laurina & Vautour just some of the horses in his charge before switching stables.

Good information, thanks. Will definitely look out for him at Sandown.

sammy

Post by sammy »

Singing The Blues wrote:
sammy wrote:
Singing The Blues wrote:

Good information, thanks. Will definitely look out for him at Sandown.

Pleasure, mate.

FWIW, Owners have won last four renewals, three of them with former Macaire inmates all with Jacob on board.
carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

Out until next year :(

'Master Dino has been operated on for a hairline fracture of a hind leg and has had three screws inserted'

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... _term=NULL
carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

Looks like Samcro could be sidelined until next season.

'Samcro has been described as a very doubtful runner at the Cheltenham Festival in March after a deep-seated lung infection was found to be the cause of his tame defeat in the Ryanair Hurdle at Leopardstown over Christmas.'

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... eat/360709
carefree

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

Shame about those 2, Sammy. But such is the lot of NH horses. I was once in a partnership of a very promising chaser who had racked up 3 wins but then got a tendon injury, was out for a year and never the same horse again. It's incredibly frustrating.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

It'll be getting light by the time they're ready.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... rch/361675

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

sammy wrote:Looks like Samcro could be sidelined until next season.

'Samcro has been described as a very doubtful runner at the Cheltenham Festival in March after a deep-seated lung infection was found to be the cause of his tame defeat in the Ryanair Hurdle at Leopardstown over Christmas.'

I wonder if Gigginstown will be tempted to re-route Apple’s Jade from the Mare’s Hurdle to the Champion now?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

sammy

Post by sammy »

Singing The Blues wrote:Shame about those 2, Sammy. But such is the lot of NH horses. I was once in a partnership of a very promising chaser who had racked up 3 wins but then got a tendon injury, was out for a year and never the same horse again. It's incredibly frustrating.

Can sympathise, Blues. Only had investments in flat horses but pretty sure the one thing in common with both codes is the regularity of vet bills.
carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

ccreds wrote:It'll be getting light by the time they're ready.

You a regular at Southwell, ccreds-o?
carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

Petingo wrote:
sammy wrote:Looks like Samcro could be sidelined until next season.

I wonder if Gigginstown will be tempted to re-route Apple’s Jade from the Mare’s Hurdle to the Champion now?

Hi, Pet.

Here's what we know.

She's entered for the Mares, Stayers & Champion Hurdle.

She's also entered for the Irish Champion Hurdle on Feb 2nd where assuming she remains fit & well will be a definite runner.

Asked about the possibility of running in the Champion Hurdle the trainer stated yesterday, “She’ll have an entry, but I’d say it’ll be very doubtful.”
http://www.irishracing.com/news?headlin ... rid=197278

So, it would seem that connections are intimating that a discussion and decision about AJ's Cheltenham target is already done & dusted. It makes perfect sense as statistically the Mares would appear the logical choice. However (and no great insight here) I believe the Irish Champion Hurdle will be key. If she performs to a high enough standard there then surely connections must sit down again to reassess her target. No great insight again but the black eye Buveur D'Air received over the festive period from stablemate Verdana Blue would offer further encouragement for a Champion Hurdle bid.

If she does end up there, off the top of my head I think she currently has around 10lb to find with BDA on official ratings although she will receive the 7lbs mares allowance which in theory makes things a good deal closer.

Regardless of where she ends up, one thing I think is worth mentioning is the poor form she displayed at Cheltenham & Punchestown last year that according to connections was due to her coming in and out of season. Again I'd have to look it up but I did read somewhere recently that she would be undergoing 'a minor surgical procedure ' to delay her coming into season. Not sure if inserting a marble into her uterus to trick her into thinking she’s in foal could be described as such, but hey, they might be doing something else with her :) Seriously though, given the effect that condition had on her performances last year and however they go about rectifying it, it has to be factored in to calculations.
carefree

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Cheers for that update, Sam :)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

sammy wrote:
ccreds wrote:It'll be getting light by the time they're ready.

You a regular at Southwell, ccreds-o?
No. Would like to go a bit more though.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

He does get there!