The Horse Racing Thread - Part 2

Anything sportlike
sammy

Re: The Horse Racing Thread - Part 2

Post by sammy »

Nice reappearance from Gold Cup ante post fav Presenting Percy at Gowran Park this afternoon. Next intended engagement is the Red Mills Chase then straight to Cheltenham. Now best priced 3/1 from 4's for GC.

carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

Lalor goes straight to Cheltenham

"As I've said before, we know he goes well fresh and his form in the spring has always been very good. He's in great form, he did one of his best pieces of work this season last Friday, so it's a shame that we're not going up to Donny, but we don't think it's worth the risk. We'll now just focus on training him for the Arkle and hope he gets there in one piece and in great form."

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/new ... ham/157747
carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

Apples Jade declared for Irish Champion Hurdle on Saturday.

carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

Fantastic weekends racing in prospect with the Dublin Racing Festival over two days at Leopardstown & a decent enough card at Sandown. Order of Saturdays card at Leopardstown has been switched around so make sure you check the new order if you're thinking of having a bet. Fingers crossed the weather holds.
carefree

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

sammy

Post by sammy »

:D
carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

carefree

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Great news.

The Champion Hurdle looked very lacklustre a few weeks ago after Samcro went wrong but now it will be the most eagerly anticipated race of the meeting.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

sammy wrote:Fantastic weekends racing in prospect with the Dublin Racing Festival over two days at Leopardstown & a decent enough card at Sandown. Order of Saturdays card at Leopardstown has been switched around so make sure you check the new order if you're thinking of having a bet. Fingers crossed the weather holds.

I was very impressed with Sir Erec, Sam.

He has been made fav fir the Triumph Hurdle.

He is stil an entire.

I wonder when the last entire horse won at Chelters.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

sammy

Post by sammy »

Petingo wrote:Great news.

The Champion Hurdle looked very lacklustre a few weeks ago after Samcro went wrong but now it will be the most eagerly anticipated race of the meeting.

Also potentially have Laurina to add to the mix. She's five from five since joining Mullins and so far has only run against mares in novice events bar her last run against a single opponent. On official ratings she still has quite a bit to find with the leading contenders but her current mark of 155 is well short of her class ceiling, imo. Next step is the 2m4f Listed Quevega Hurdle at Punchestown on February 20.
carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

Petingo wrote:
sammy wrote:Fantastic weekends racing in prospect with the Dublin Racing Festival over two days at Leopardstown & a decent enough card at Sandown. Order of Saturdays card at Leopardstown has been switched around so make sure you check the new order if you're thinking of having a bet. Fingers crossed the weather holds.

He is stil an entire.

Yes, he did it well, Joseph has a strong juvenile hand. I was taken by Fakir D'Oudairies G2 trial at Cheltenham recently but the performance Sir Erec put in was probably more impressive. Make no mistake, moving from a maiden hurdle to G1 winner is a massive step, his jumping improved here and the manner in which he dominated a useful field was encouraging for the future. Decent horse on the flat for Aiden (officially rated 105) finishing less than 3l behind Stradivarius last back end before transferring to Joseph also he's by one of your old favourites, Camelot. :)

Re- last entire to win at Cheltenham, very good question, Pet.

Should probably know this one but I don't. Oh how I wish for the days where I could reel off facts & figures at the drop of a hat :)

Perhaps someone else may enlighten us.
carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

8)
carefree

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

sammy wrote:

8)

Good ol’ Annie :)

I noticed quite a few Dublin Festival winners were bred from Coolmore stallions.

Fame and Glory and Walk In The Park had a few winners and of course, as you say, Sir Erec is by Camelot himself :D
Last edited by Petingo on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

sammy wrote:
Petingo wrote:

He is stil an entire.

Yes, he did it well, Joseph has a strong juvenile hand. I was taken by Fakir D'Oudairies G2 trial at Cheltenham recently but the performance Sir Erec put in was probably more impressive. Make no mistake, moving from a maiden hurdle to G1 winner is a massive step, his jumping improved here and the manner in which he dominated a useful field was encouraging for the future. Decent horse on the flat for Aiden (officially rated 105) finishing less than 3l behind Stradivarius last back end before transferring to Joseph also he's by one of your old favourites, Camelot. :)

Re- last entire to win at Cheltenham, very good question, Pet.

Should probably know this one but I don't. Oh how I wish for the days where I could reel off facts & figures at the drop of a hat :)

Perhaps someone else may enlighten us.

I have been racking my brain over this one.

I know I could Google it but where’s the craic in that?

A novice hurdler woukd seem to be the most likely source....a Triumph Hurdke winner probably.

But then I got to thinking of high class flat recruits.

And that leads me to the era circa late 80s/early 90s when Sheilh Mo won the Champion Hurdle with Kribensis and Royal Gait.

I wonder would one or both of these been entires.

sammy

Post by sammy »

carefree