The Horse Racing Thread - Part 2

Anything sportlike
ccreds

Re: The Horse Racing Thread - Part 2

Post by ccreds »

Hayley Turner in the green silks, top ride.
Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

ccreds wrote:Hayley Turner in the green silks, top ride.

Indeed.

Equestrian sports are about the only ones I can think off where women and men can compete on equal terms.

Hayley is a very good rider.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

sammy

Post by sammy »

Bidding to become the first to land the Arc & BC turf double.

Plenty have tried and failed, Dancing Brave, Trempolino, Saumarez, Subotica, Dylan Thomas, Golden Horn & Found. Common denominator amongst those is a long hard campaign, all started their season in April with the BC turf being their 8th, 9th or in the case of Found, 10th start of the season.

This will be just the third start for Enable and according to Gosden she was only 85% fit for the Arc. No real reason to believe otherwise so you'd expect her to come on for that run. Travelling, acclimatisation plus the tight configuration of Churchill Downs has to be of some concern but wish her all the best.
carefree

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

sammy wrote:Bidding to become the first to land the Arc & BC turf double.

Plenty have tried and failed, Dancing Brave, Trempolino, Saumarez, Subotica, Dylan Thomas, Golden Horn & Found. Common denominator amongst those is a long hard campaign, all started their season in April with the BC turf being their 8th, 9th or in the case of Found, 10th start of the season.

This will be just the third start for Enable and according to Gosden she was only 85% fit for the Arc. No real reason to believe otherwise so you'd expect her to come on for that run. Travelling, acclimatisation plus the tight configuration of Churchill Downs has to be of some concern but wish her all the best.

Welcome back sammy. :D

sammy

Post by sammy »

Cheers mate.

How's your luck been?
carefree

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

sammy wrote:Cheers mate.

How's your luck been?
Good mate. Enjoyed the flat season. Yourself mate?

sammy

Post by sammy »

Poor start, decent Royal Ascot, steady from then on. Finished with the flat a couple of weeks ago, betting wise anyway.
carefree

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

ccreds wrote: Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Matt Chapman is an annoying tit.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Here's some trivia for you. Sir Michael Stoute when he came to this country originally wanted to be a radio presenter but someone offered him a chance to work in racing and it all went from there.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Enable won her race yesterday The Breeders Cup Turf. Expert Eye won The Mile plugged on and got there on the line. I've kept an eye on him generally all season and backed him and he's done alright.

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

Great to see Enable win at Churchill Downs. Excellent run from Magical too to run her close.

sammy

Post by sammy »

Last years Supreme runner up & current Arkle fav Kalashnikov won on debut over fences at Warwick today. Travelled extremely well although being ultra critical, he pecked on landing at one, too much air at a couple & one or two where he had to get in very short. Initial impression is he'd be better suited to the JLT than the Arkle but still early days.
carefree

sammy

Post by sammy »

Informative three days racing at Cheltenham. Most notable performance imo came in the Arkle trial with Lalor making an impressive debut over fences. A little bit novicey over the first couple but soon settled into a slick round of jumping, quickening away from previous winners Dynamite Dollars and Claimantakinforgan to land the spoils by 7L. Versatile regarding ground and appears to be just as effective on stiff or easy tracks, there's a lot to like and on this evidence should be more to come. Still some 8's around for the Arkle.

Disappointing that Samcro was a very late withdrawal in the Morgiana on Sunday at Punchestown due to ground concerns. Doubtful he will step up to 2m 5f in the Hatton Grace (stablemate Apples Jade likely to be earmarked for that) so looks as if it could be a potential clash with Buveur D'Air in the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle in early Dec as his next assignment.
carefree