shabbado

Re: The Champions League & Europa League 2018-19 Thread

Post by shabbado »

Steve Hunt wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
shabbado wrote: Especially when he sees the mighty reds bring home no6

Sadly, I suspect your confidence is well placed, shabs :(

Steve, I'd be almighty surprised if you had said anything different.

Why bother Steve? Arguably your clubs greatest achievement in your life time and you're still doing your navel gazing 'we are not very good routine'

So many crushing disappointments over the years, I guess, shabs.

It's deeply ingrained in me :(

Well I hoping you get utterly smashed on the 1st :D
A joyless arsehole.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Good news for those without BT that as per the final will be free on BT Sport youtube. Will be in a hotel in that Stratford, London the Saturday night. Not sure they have BT and pubs will be funny as West Ham country, so mon the Scouse anyway. Still might go to a pub:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/sport/2 ... ch-stream/
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

delboy1983

Champions League

Post by delboy1983 »

:(
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

AlcoholBrazil

Re: Champions League

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

There is already a thread for this. :rolleyes:
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Best of luck to all the English teams playing in Europe's two competition finals this week. 8)

As per, on BT Youtube again, though fuck hopes they've got the Hamsters running on the site as will be millions watching.

Anyway, mon the Arse and mon the Scouse. Apoologies others. Working Wednesday so will miss but follow. Down in that London Saturday for cricket Sunday, old Stratford way. Hotel says has a bar with TVs, not sure BT sport, few pubs around are West Ham territory so will be fine as anti-Spuds. Do not want to to watch on a fucking tablet in my hotel room with cheap cider. Though might be nice. :drinkers: :drinkers:

What a week for English soccer. Please idiots, do not fuck it up. Not likely in Baku, but likely in Madrid and Spanish plod are very baton happy.

Let football be the winner.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Heatwave conditions on the way, 33c on saturday. A long day boozing and things could get very messy with hot and bothered, baton happy plod.
There's no poem, just prose.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Posted before to Stevie Hunt. If the Spuds win he will walk across the Thames. :prayer: :prayer:
Steve Hunt. A man BARELY ALIVE. Gentlemen......we can rebuild him. We have the technology.....we have the capability to make the WORLD'S FIRST BIONIC MAN . Steve Hunt will be that man. Better than he was before. Better.....Stronger...... FASTER .

Get yourself up Steve, put a smile on your face, we're here for business. Dear old Graham:

Poor old Rob Shepherd. Now a drunken mess shouting on twatter: https://twitter.com/Shep_62

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Heatwave conditions on the way, 33c on saturday. A long day boozing and things could get very messy with hot and bothered, baton happy plod.

Indeed, Holden. And with so far no fan screenings and every fan up to a bar, could be interesting, but one hopes happy times.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Had huge admiration for Graham on how he handled The Shepherd, but team selection still dodgy
re:the clumsy giraffe known as Carlton Carlton.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Had huge admiration for Graham on how he handled The Shepherd, but team selection still dodgy
re:the clumsy giraffe known as Carlton Carlton.

Carlton, CARLTON. :)

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

For what it's worth, my predictions are Arsenal to beat Chelsea 2-0 and Liverpool to win 3-1.
That will mean I can look back on the season with a great deal of fondness.
We have been good in parts but we urgently need reinforcements, especially in defence.
Our two forwards will win us the game on Wednesday. Chelsea missing key players and UEFA have given us a boost by ensuring Miki doesn't travel :D

Also fear they'll be a little trouble on Wednesday. Hope I'm wrong but they'll be thousands without tickets and the Spanish OB have no idea how to cope with visiting fans who are ticketless.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

The quiet and empty stadium will definitely favour Chelsea.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

SeanNW8 wrote:For what it's worth, my predictions are Arsenal to beat Chelsea 2-0 and Liverpool to win 3-1.
That will mean I can look back on the season with a great deal of fondness.
We have been good in parts but we urgently need reinforcements, especially in defence.
Our two forwards will win us the game on Wednesday. Chelsea missing key players and UEFA have given us a boost by ensuring Miki doesn't travel :D

Also fear they'll be a little trouble on Saturday. Hope I'm wrong but they'll be thousands without tickets and the Spanish OB have no idea how to cope with visiting fans who are ticketless.

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Carlos J wrote:Best of luck to all the English teams playing in Europe's two competition finals this week. 8)

As per, on BT Youtube again, though fuck hopes they've got the Hamsters running on the site as will be millions watching.

Anyway, mon the Arse and mon the Scouse. Apoologies others. Working Wednesday so will miss but follow. Down in that London Saturday for cricket Sunday, old Stratford way. Hotel says has a bar with TVs, not sure BT sport, few pubs around are West Ham territory so will be fine as anti-Spuds. Do not want to to watch on a fucking tablet in my hotel room with cheap cider. Though might be nice. :drinkers: :drinkers:

What a week for English soccer. Please idiots, do not fuck it up. Not likely in Baku, but likely in Madrid and Spanish plod are very baton happy.

Let football be the winner.

A nice positive ol post Carlos
Looking forward to Saturday at this stage and trying to get in the ol let the best team win spirit .. long as Tottenham actually perform think I'll be err stoic and that .. it's the best way like your post

Not actually arsed about Arsenal/Chelsea in all honesty .. a boring nil each Chelsea on penalties :o

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Kudos to any fan who has gone to the game. The package Chelsea were offering was almost a grand which frankly is a ridiculous amount to pay to watch a minor European Cup final.

Arsenal are probably favs. They must be desperate to win anything which says European on it and the incentive of not being regular EL participants is huge.

Just hope Chelsea have the right mindset for 90 mins. Not happened often this season.

Really looking forward to Saturdays game. Girlfriend is out so TV and a few beers to watch in peace and quiet. My preference is Liverpool so to keep CL winners in London exclusively to one club but it’s not the end of the world if it went the other way.