Steve Bruce

Anything sportlike
The End

Re: Steve Bruce

Post by The End »

I'd rather we appointed Mick Philpott.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Gotta say Steve Bruce most have some sort of sixth sense about him. He leaves Sheffield Wednesday on Monday and becomes Newcastle United manager 24hrs later.

It's all quite amazing really, even spooky. :shock:
Dieu Le Roi.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Total fraudster of a man......leaves clubs at the drop of a hat .....never his fault when sacked .....a marriage made in heaven for them & will be hounded from day one to the not so long end?
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

This bloke is a fucking tool. He’s in his dream job and as with Villa somehow stabilised them when they went through the uncertainty of a possible takeover bid. A stubborn twat who’s like a pair of old slippers who you sort of like but after months and months you grow to see the holes and end up wanting to burn them.

Why oh why can he not show the remotest sign of adventure and risk but actually having less of a defence approach? I’d fucking detest him if I was a Geordie. He’s now got a new coach in who was sacked by Luton.

I don’t think he’ll be sacked and I hope he won’t be.

THE CABBAGE MUST STAY!!

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

Rafa's available again after his Chinese side lost their last 5 games.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Not a fan of the cabbage but he’s box office entertainment as he’s quite cantankerous and frequently tears the media a new one. He was right to have a pop at them then other day about him having a laugh after the full time whistle with Ole. Stupid cunts, what relevance was there bringing that up?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Sheffield Wednesday = the gift that keeps on giving.

What a tragic excuse of a club.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zippy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 pm Sheffield Wednesday = the gift that keeps on giving.

What is Leeds' relationship like with the Sheffield clubs? Obviously you see Man United as the big game, are Sheffield United and Wednesday next in importance?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JW90 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:36 pm
Zippy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 pm Sheffield Wednesday = the gift that keeps on giving.

What is Leeds' relationship like with the Sheffield clubs? Obviously you see Man United as the big game, are Sheffield United and Wednesday next in importance?
Ha, posted in the wrong thread. Was meant for the Championship one. I'm getting old/even dumber. I guess Steve Bruce did manage them for all of around two months...

Leeds definitely dislike Wednesday more than United. No love lost with Sheff Utd but Wednesday have an even bigger chip on their shoulder. It's still Chelsea after Man Utd but Chelsea aren't really the same club since we were last in the PL. Very different in fact. Their diehards still get it though, but their newer fans won't. Maybe a bit like Leicester and Coventry now?
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zippy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:40 pm

Ha, posted in the wrong thread. Was meant for the Championship one. I'm getting old/even dumber. I guess Steve Bruce did manage them for all of around two months...

Leeds definitely dislike Wednesday more than United. No love lost with Sheff Utd but Wednesday have an even bigger chip on their shoulder. It's still Chelsea after Man Utd but Chelsea aren't really the same club since we were last in the PL. Very different in fact. Their diehards still get it though, but their newer fans won't. Maybe a bit like Leicester and Coventry now?
Yeah, a lot of these rivalries have faded over time. I know the Chelsea- Leeds thing goes back a long time.

Coventry used to be a big game for us, we very nearly played them in the FA Cup last season (they lost a replay to Birmingham) and I think our fans would've been up for it despite them being in League One at the time. We're nobody's biggest game currently.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Zippy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:40 pm

Very true mate. The newer ones would have Liverpool in their heads instead of Leeds but that final is now over 50 years ago and the lack of recent games wouldn’t of helped. You still get songs sung about it at games though. Leeds would still be above all our West London rivals.

It’s interesting how games or incidents create long term rivalries that are not necessarily local. Off the top of my head, Palace/Brighton, Wycombe/Colchester hate each other quite intensely and of course Portsmouth and Millwall but that is more about off the pitch 😀

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Back to old Broocie, all isn't well at the Toon. Lots of stuff about him falling out with Matt Ritchie.

Three best attackers out now, they are in big relegation trouble.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Now the cunt’s predictably left Newcastle, perhaps we can reflect on the eulogising we’ve heard from his supporters on shit like TF about him being dignified, carried on doing a job which he has been fabulously paid for and is an old style jolly good mucker who is a dying breed. Forget that he’s a complete twat, makes excuses, has a shocking record at the club, puts the blame his ineptitude on others, buys shit loads of full backs, phase created the Bruceball phenomena of punting the ball up front, stifles any creativity and has been widely despised by his very own.

He’s reputedly had an eight million pound payoff yet has been made out to be a victim by because of a clueless regime which had been taken over by a murderous regime. Fuck off Bruce and please God, don’t allow him another job in football unless it’s with Wigan, Man City, Norwich, Spurs or the Brazil national team.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I've got a lot time for Brucey. As a Norwich City fan he inflicted a bastard loss on the cunts (Ipswich).
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:22 pm Now the cunt’s predictably left Newcastle, perhaps we can reflect on the eulogising we’ve heard from his supporters on shit like TF about him being dignified, carried on doing a job which he has been fabulously paid for and is an old style jolly good mucker who is a dying breed. Forget that he’s a complete twat, makes excuses, has a shocking record at the club, puts the blame his ineptitude on others, buys shit loads of full backs, phase created the Bruceball phenomena of punting the ball up front, stifles any creativity and has been widely despised by his very own.

He’s reputedly had an eight million pound payoff yet has been made out to be a victim by because of a clueless regime which had been taken over by a murderous regime. Fuck off Bruce and please God, don’t allow him another job in football unless it’s with Wigan, Man City, Norwich, Spurs or the Brazil national team.

Why do you despise Bruce so much, Lawns-o?

I must admit, apart from looking like a punched Lasagne and being a bit of a bell, he seems pretty harmless!