Welshbloke and imavinoops
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

kevin04

Re: UEFA Euro Qualifiers 2020

Post by kevin04 »

Still over the moon about last night.

A fantastic team performance.

McTominey is a super star ; McGregor is too. Tierney is so dependable, and Robbo is going from strength to strength. Seeing how emotional some of the lads last night was tremendous.

Cannae wait for the Euros and don't think I've ever felt this happy in a long, long time at sports.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

kevin04 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:04 pm Still over the moon about last night.

McTominey is a super star ; McGregor is too. Tierney is so dependable, and Robbo is going from strength to strength. Seeing how emotional some of the lads last night was tremendous.

Cannae wait for the Euros and don't think I've ever felt this happy in a long, long time at sports.
What about Dykes.

He was outstanding.

Maintain that firstly it wasn't a corner for Serbia in the 90th minute. Didn't hit any Scottish players and secondly if Dykes had been on the park he'd have got to that ball before Jovic. He was everywhere last night.

Dunno if you listen to Radio Scotland but check out their coverage of the game and also Off The Ball that was on after it. It was excellent. Everyone was just buzzing
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What do you guys think of Steve Clarke? He looks to me to be incredibly astute if quietly spoken. He’s learnt from the best. Top bloke and it’s difficult to think of anyone who could have emulated him especially with the likes of Levein and Big Eck who preceded him. Got some quality youngsters.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Steve Clarke was a top coach with Chelsea working under Mourinho at his peak.
Not a shouter he comes across as hard as nails and is respected for that.
Scotland job was a poison chalice and he was brave enough to take it on.
Really glad for his success.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

delboy1983 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:30 pm Steve Clarke was a top coach with Chelsea working under Mourinho at his peak.
Not a shouter he comes across as hard as nails and is respected for that.
Scotland job was a poison chalice and he was brave enough to take it on.
Really glad for his success.
He was a casualty when as assistant to Roberto Di Mattio at Villa when we were a basketcase club, he was released when De Matteo got the boot. Pretty unfortunate. He is quality.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

shabbado wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:53 pm

What about Dykes.

He was outstanding.

Maintain that firstly it wasn't a corner for Serbia in the 90th minute. Didn't hit any Scottish players and secondly if Dykes had been on the park he'd have got to that ball before Jovic. He was everywhere last night.

Dunno if you listen to Radio Scotland but check out their coverage of the game and also Off The Ball that was on after it. It was excellent. Everyone was just buzzing

Absolutely. Dykes has been such a great asset to the squad. He does everything that McBurnie should be doing - I don't rate McBurnie at all, mental how he went for £20m. He's so clever, Dykes and his hold up play is fantastic as well, he's got a bit of pace too and his Aussie Rules days have helped him hold off big burly defenders and hold the ball up. Some fantastic and clever wee passes and dinks too to Christie, Fraser or whoever's supporting him.

I haven't drank in ages, or been drunk in ages even ; but ended up having a fair few last night, even was half greeting at full-time for 20 seconds :shock: the videos and pics of the players and fans have been terrific. I'm going to listen OTB later tonight or tomorrow, I heard a wee bity of it and Stuart was saying it was his birthday too, what a gift!

Still, over the moon! Just fantastic! :D

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:23 pm What do you guys think of Steve Clarke? He looks to me to be incredibly astute if quietly spoken. He’s learnt from the best. Top bloke and it’s difficult to think of anyone who could have emulated him especially with the likes of Levein and Big Eck who preceded him. Got some quality youngsters.
Really like the guy, Lawns.

He took the Killie job basically as they are his local club (his brother is a season ticket holder). He took them from rock bottom in the SPFL to 3rd and their first trip in Europe for twenty odd years, he did a marvelous job there and he's doing wonders with us. We are now nine games undefeated under him. He came in at a difficult time, pumped rotten from Kazakhstan and then up against Russia and Belgium x2.

Strachan did an OK-ish job with us. I would have kept him on rather than getting Eck back, but we conceded too many goals. Clarke has made us hard to beat, he's put 5 at the back and the first wee while under that system, I wasn't sure. We were grinding out results but didn't think we did much at all. Last night and the Slovakia game last month, we played very well.

I love his trust in picking players from Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock etc. Lyndon Dykes is at QPR but until last year he was playing for Livingston and Queen Of The South, IMO he is a better player for Scotland than Oli McBurnie is. Yet McBurnie who cannot get in the Scotland team went for £20m.

He picked Declan Gallagher - Motherwell played, who's played out of his skin for the national team - over Liam Cooper who's a captain in England with Leeds. That's bold, and again, Strachan would never have done that. He trusted Andy Considine to make his debut at 33 and again, had an absolute stormer at the back.

Clarke is a dry, droll man at times, but he does have a sense of humour and comes across very well. He won't get carried away and you can see the way the team played last night, they all love playing for him!

Over the moon, Lawnso.

Super John McG too! The lad is a superstar. He's about 5'8 or something, but strong and so clever. He can tackle and can run, and can pass, and score goals. An absolute superstar and I'd say most fans favourite Scotland player.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Nothing wrong with Leigh Griffith's head either.
First man up for the penalties,dispatched and got us off to a good start.
Scotland need a goalscorer hopefully it's him
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Excellent, kev. He’s helped bring back a lot of pride to the Scots. Well done and enjoy the journey.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Re McBurnie, I concur with the above.

When he came on he should have been harrying the Serbian back line/deep midfielders, holding the ball up and generally doing everything in his power to see the ball spending as little time as possible in the Scottish final third. Essentially everything Dykes had done up to that point.

Instead all he did was wander about, having roughly the same impact as a fart in a hurricane. Seemed to think that just being a bit of an aggy twat was enough. Absolutely no coincidence that Scotland only came under sustained pressure once Clarke made that substitution.

As for John McGinn, fantastic display. Having a player with the awareness and ability to wriggle out of tight spaces and distribute the ball quickly gave Scotland so much more opportunity to break the Serbian lines and cause panic. Obviously I’m not an avid viewer of the Scots side, but that’s the best performance I’ve seen from a Scottish player on the international stage for a very long time. Superb stuff.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

John McGinn is bloody awesome. Meathead’s back to his best and firing for Villa as well this season. What I really like about him is his ability to play deep and linking up well with other midfielders ahead of him, not sure if that’s how he’s being played for Scotland of he’s in a more attacking roll but so happy to see the fella make it to the finals as well as the rest of the side.

Really hope he gets rested in Slovakia and Israel as they’re only Nations League games and they don’t matter really now. :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

shabbado wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:53 pm

What about Dykes.

He was outstanding.

Not watched since, but on the many replays at the time, def hit a Scotchman going through. First impression nay, but yes on next viewing.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Watch from 23mins: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... v-scotland It's comes off McTominay and the brushes Tierney so a def corner and none of the Scotxh conplained.

I was "just fucking get it out" and they left a free header. :roll: Man on the post would, maybe got it. 89th minute, put men on the posts and fill the goal. It ain't hard. ;)

Nay bother, glad you're there, for three games. And maybe Covid not at Hampden. UEFA has to sort it soon with tickets. No idea what they'll do but I think two mini tourneys in one place like the Europa and Champions League and then the final stage in one place.

And it won't be that London or Glasgae. :(
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:29 am Watch from 23mins: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... v-scotland It's comes off McTominay and the brushes Tierney so a def corner and none of the Scotxh conplained.

I was "just fucking get it out" and they left a free header. :roll: Man on the post would, maybe got it. 89th minute, put men on the posts and fill the goal. It ain't hard. ;)

Nay bother, glad you're there, for three games. And maybe Covid not at Hampden. UEFA has to sort it soon with tickets. No idea what they'll do but I think two mini tourneys in one place like the Europa and Champions League and then the final stage in one place.

And it won't be that London or Glasgae. :(
It looks like nae Wemberley for the final.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirr ... 946609.amp