UEFA Euro Qualifiers 2020

Anything sportlike
kevin04

Re: UEFA Euro Qualifiers 2020

Post by kevin04 »

England would be a good host (not trying to be a big sook) but solid stadiums, a relatively small nation to get across, albeit with outdated transport - Germany would be the best, IMO but they are hosting 2024.

Either England or something like Belgium/Holland? Somewhere central Europe is and small plus decent stadia. If they cannot do the 12 host cities.

Anyhoos, still absolutely over the moon and shows how sad a life I have that I am still buzzing about us getting there. I'm hoping if all goes well with Covid and jags and so on, to get to the Wembley game.

Agree, Carlos, it was a corner. I thought it came off KT when I watched it live.

Going by Man Utd forums, seems a few don't rate McTominay but I think he gets better and better for the national team, and he's playing a new position too, just love the guy, seems a top wee dude!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Right, last clip etc from me and stop spamming the forum with Scotland shite, but goosebumps watching this!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Carlos J wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:29 am[...]
Nay bother, glad you're there, for three games. And maybe Covid not at Hampden. UEFA has to sort it soon with tickets. No idea what they'll do but I think two mini tourneys in one place like the Europa and Champions League and then the final stage in one place.

And it won't be that London or Glasgae. :(
So UEFA wirtten to all us ticket holders. January 26 to get refunds, or later if games are behind closed doors.

Do you twist and take the coin? Or stick that some fans, limited might be allowed, somewhere? Also, that they might re-arrange games and quarantine laws apply?

My second round game in Dublin, possibly England v 2nd in the group of Death. Not going to happen in front of a crowd. Rescheduled hotels ok from last year and a five day trip to Dublin this year. Going to stick as it will be behind closed doors and get the money back. As per, even if not on, go for the trip to Dublin. Doubt that will also happen, so coin back there, probably not from Ryanair though as they will try their best. Though will be vaccined by then.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

To the surprise of pretty much no one it looks like Euro 2020/1 is going to be moved to a single host country.
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Going to be rather shit without fans there whether it ends up being staged.

Don’t think fans from every corner of Europe will be allowed to converge on the championships when a large proportion of each country may not have been vaccinated. Don’t think the sponsors and TV companies will get much coin if the matches are played sans the fans.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Best to host it in one country ideally Germany - transport and top class stadia although they've got 2024.

If not, then France or England - shite transport - but a small country with ample big grounds to host the games.

Then if its going to be without a crowd, just host it in Switzerland - small nation with good facilities - and what's the need for a 50k stadium, if there's no one there.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Noticed a TV programme calling itself a preview of Euro 2020, in addition a leading newspapers this morning was carrying a sticker album supplement titled Euro 2020. Well, it isn't is it? It will be Euro 2021.

Just saying is all. :box:
Dieu Le Roi.