Why no Chelsea thread?

Anything sportlike
Hillman avenger

Why no Chelsea thread?

Post by Hillman avenger »

Why is anyone surprised?

You don't have to be with Chelsea fans for long to witness the hate that's just under the surface. Not just jews, anyone who's not them.

Indeed when their team isn't performing, it turns towards their own players.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

kancutlawns

Re: Why no Chelsea thread?

Post by kancutlawns »

Why us there such a contempt between Liverpool and Chelsea fans?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Is Hillman TOTY?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Is Hillman TOTY?

Not much of a response.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

No longer the Bridesmaid

Hillman avenger wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Is Hillman TOTY?

Not much of a response.

Not much of a thread.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Hillman, still obsessed with Chelsea. Let it go son, you will win the league again one day.
Best worry about your own team and supporters.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

kancutlawns wrote:Why us there such a contempt between Liverpool and Chelsea fans?

In reality Lawnsy it’s because it’s the most played game against two teams in the last
14 years. If it wasn’t the CL, it was the FA Cup or League Cup. Every season there seemed to be extra games. As they say, familiarity breeds contempt. Aside from those who have their head up their arses like Hillman I have nothing against their fans,
Just hope they always lose :)

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol: Fair enough Jon.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

I have to say, Chelsea do have some really weird fans, especially some of the ones you come across on matchdays. There is a really disturbing level of unease when theyve lost, that you dont get with running a pub near other teams grounds.

That said, I know shitloads of extremely sound chelsea fans as well, but they, more than most teams, seem to have a section of utterly psychotic followers.

But to be fair, I live near stamford bridge, I dont know what its like in their heartland of Reading.

I'm here all week, by the way.
Build Back More Betterer

No longer the Bridesmaid

It's the poppers and oil fumes, it makes us very aggy

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Eaststand wrote:I have to say, Chelsea do have some really weird fans, especially some of the ones you come across on matchdays. There is a really disturbing level of unease when theyve lost, that you dont get with running a pub near other teams grounds.

That said, I know shitloads of extremely sound chelsea fans as well, but they, more than most teams, seem to have a section of utterly psychotic followers.

But to be fair, I live near stamford bridge, I dont know what its like in their heartland of Reading.

I'm here all week, by the way.

I have no wish to say when my first game was but it was a long time ago and they had those weird fans back then to. The rather sad thing now is most of them are at an age when they should know better. Not that long ago organised fights were arranged involving middle aged men. Seriously......

It must depress those at the club who do so much to rid themselves of racist fans. Maybe in the end it’s has to be the fans themselves who sort it out.

I somehow doubt there are many local fans considering most of the houses near the ground are all over one million. Reading though most definitely wouldnt be a place I would call their heartland. :)

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Yeah, thats the thing that strikes me as the weirdest thing, the age of some of these people.

And there are shite loads of normal fans, 2 minutes away from the ground you've got the Lily Langtry estate, one of the biggest council estates in london. The north end road is very working class. Thats the thing about london innit, the change from wealth to poverty or normal in a couple of steps.
Build Back More Betterer

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

In a way England have a similar problem. They go to huge lengths to try and filter that only the decent fans get tickets but the minority still get thru and we get the No Surrender and Germany bomber songs at away games.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Eaststand wrote:Yeah, thats the thing that strikes me as the weirdest thing, the age of some of these people.

And there are shite loads of normal fans, 2 minutes away from the ground you've got the Lily Langtry estate, one of the biggest council estates in london. The north end road is very working class. Thats the thing about london innit, the change from wealth to poverty or normal in a couple of steps.

I lived round there in the early Eighties before I moved up north, and it was solid working class. I worked in a pub near the ground (not there any more) and have written in here about some of the people who used to frequent the place.

When I went to the Fulham game in August I walked all round that area and met up with some mates in a pub full of Fulham fans. I was struck, as you say, by how working class the area between Fulham Broadway station and Craven Cottage is.
Roy IN!!

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

This resurgence of racism at football is merely mirroring what we are seeing in society at large since Cameron unleashed the Brexit madness upon this country.

Brexit has rekindled a fear and loathing of foreigners and football grounds, alas, have always been a fertile breeding ground for this type of person to vent their inadequacies in anonymity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46563997
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.