Andy Murray

Anything sportlike
SeanNW8

Re: Andy Murray

Post by SeanNW8 »

Sinbad wrote:
SeanNW8 wrote:Fair enough, if it angers you to such an extent......

I'm a great admierer of his achievements. Physically and mentally, he's up there with our finest sportsmen in the modern era.
Hope he can compete competively in Wimbledon this summer. Be a fitting send off for him in my view.

Sean, I've had £25 on him to win Wimbledon..

:wink:

Want to swap that with my bet.........??

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

SeanNW8 wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

I'm a great admierer of his achievements. Physically and mentally, he's up there with our finest sportsmen in the modern era.
Hope he can compete competively in Wimbledon this summer. Be a fitting send off for him in my view.

Want to swap that with my bet.........??

Fuck off ! Mine stands more chance of coming in !

.. :wink:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:

What odds?
Roy IN!!

antdad

Post by antdad »

Zambo wrote:
antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:I just can't grasp how someone with a sports injury that bad,, can play a match like that, which I believe was over four hours. He's either on morphine, or exaggerating the problem.

Come off it Z, he's certainly on a bag load of painkillers but he'll be allowed a R1 entry to Wimbledon for a final tearful ta ta.

Just trying to put a perspective on it. I have an achilles problem at the minute. Nothing serious just a bout of tendonitis. Now I could dose myself up to the eyeballs with painkillers, but I wouldn't last five minutes on a tennis court due to the pain. When you think of what he is putting his hip through for over four hours, the weight on it when he makes ground shots for one, I don't think he's in all that much pain to be honest.

If he is taking an amount of painkillers to shut the pain out, then he is doing a lot of damage to his body by blotting it out. Would be interested to hear what his surgeon had to say about that

I think it's the later tbh, taken from a Telegraph article....

What sort of pain has Murray been feeling?

Although troublesome, Murray's hip did not become a major concern until early June 2017, when he found himself unable to walk without pain after the lengthy French Open semi-final against Wawrinka.

By the time Wimbledon came around a few weeks later, Murray admitted he was in almost constant discomfort.

"At Wimbledon basically everything was hurting. I had never been in pain like that before. It's got better but still it's extremely tiring mentally when you are feeling your hip from the first minute that you wake up in the day and start walking, to when you lie down at night."

“The operation didn’t help with the pain at all. It’s what I have been struggling with. The pain is the driving factor. I can play with [physical] limitations, but the pain is not allowing me to.

Robert Brown, a physiotherapist at the Centre for Health and Human Performance (CHHP), told Telegraph Sport how Murray would likely have been feeling. "The chances are he would have felt a severe sharp pain around the front of his hip and/or groin region every time he put weight through it, and especially during landed rotation movements.

"In my experience for an elite athlete to be affected by pain it would have been at around 7/10 or over. (0 being nothing, 10 being the most painful)."

Reg

Post by Reg »

Never understood the hate for Andy.

Seems like a nice guy, good sense of humour - including the football shirt “controversy”.

Shame that combination of injuries and exceptional opponents stopped him achieving more,
Roy IN!!

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

What odds?

5000/1

Can BetReg better those odds ?
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/