Cricket (General)

Anything sportlike
AlcoholBrazil

Re: Cricket (General)

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Now this Test nonsense is over,we can start the REAL cricket on Thursday . A thrilling ODI series v Ireland. Get those colourful pyjamas on.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Agnew can fuck off, a huge advocate of getting rid of the type of club that has produced Broad, given him a chance in first class cricket and with whom he made his international debut. In fact, the type of county that gave Agnew himself a career which led to international cricket and this job.

Anyway, Broad has been great this past year especially, 500 is a fantastic achievement.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JW90 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:53 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53614972

Blimey.
"When Stokesy [Ben Stokes] told me I wasn't playing, I felt my body go into shakes. I could barely speak." "I didn't sleep for two days. I was nowhere. :lol:

Twat.

When a player falls into a state of playing shite and just running up and slamming the ball into the track and getting bonked they should get dropped. It turned out well for him, he started to pitch the ball up and actually try. He got the message. It worked, now stfu and get on with some of the same.

One think the coaches have to do is stop, is these silly girls playing in headbands, hair slides and smearing a pot of cream on their faces. Pope looked like something fresh out of a beauty salon, under a fucking helmet as well :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:00 pm
JW90 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:53 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53614972

Blimey.
"When Stokesy [Ben Stokes] told me I wasn't playing, I felt my body go into shakes. I could barely speak." "I didn't sleep for two days. I was nowhere. :lol:

Twat.

When a player falls into a state of playing shite and just running up and slamming the ball into the track and getting bonked they should get dropped. It turned out well for him, he started to pitch the ball up and actually try. He got the message. It worked, now stfu and get on with some of the same
I think that's a bit misleading, Zambo.
England were always going to rotate the bowlers in the WI series.
I admire Broad for the way he stuck his neck out and said what was on his mind.
People on here have criticised him for it, but surely it just shows his keenness to play for England? Don't understand the vitriol.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:07 pm

Blimey.

Twat.

When a player falls into a state of playing shite and just running up and slamming the ball into the track and getting bonked they should get dropped. It turned out well for him, he started to pitch the ball up and actually try. He got the message. It worked, now stfu and get on with some of the same
People on here have criticised him for it, but surely it just shows his keenness to play for England? Don't understand the vitriol.
I disagree Subsub, you can be disappointed without the dramatics. No one player is bigger than the team, and everyone should expect the axe from time to time if their performances drop.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 pm
subsub wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:07 pm

Blimey.

Twat.

I disagree Subsub, you can be disappointed without the dramatics. No one player is bigger than the team, and everyone should expect the axe from time to time if their performances drop.
I agree that no one player is bigger than the team, but his performances in the 2nd and 3rd Tests did show that it was a bit silly to drop him in the first place.
He looked England's best bowler, no question (and even scored a few runs for once).
WOKE AND PROUD

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

I love Wasim Akram commentating,he adds value from personal experience which is fascinating for us watching.

When they went off for rain and replayed his masterclass from a couple of years ago, it was the most entertaining bit of the day. Those segments Sky do are so good, you almost take them for granted now. Superb.

Our friend Ebony on the other hand "Have you been to Ibiza?" “Have you ever seen 5am?”

She did some "expert analysis" during one of the tests at OT. At the end of her rambling, she said "What do you think Mikey?".

There was about 30 seconds of silence, followed by "Mikey" saying "and that's the end of the over, it's 123 for 4", and off they went for a commercial break
There's no poem, just prose.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Much better from England this morning.
Pakistan 176-5 :)
WOKE AND PROUD

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Pretty good for Pakistan today. Decent balance to the attack.

Naseem Shah...What a speed demon.

Pope playing well.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

subsub

Post by subsub »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Come on, England!
Brilliant stuff from Buttler and Woakes =D> =D>

Thought we were screwed after that incredible Pope dismissal.
WOKE AND PROUD

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Shane Warne absolutely gutted, glorious.

Superb from Buttler and Woakes.

subsub

Post by subsub »

JW90 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:35 pm Shane Warne absolutely gutted, glorious.
Is he on Sky?
Was listening to TMS.
What did he say?
WOKE AND PROUD

JW90

Post by JW90 »

subsub wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37 pm
Is he on Sky?
Was listening to TMS.
What did he say?
Yes, he was just desperate for a wicket at 5 down to make it interesting more than anything, he just sounded more desperate than Wasim Akram.

subsub

Post by subsub »

JW90 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:39 pm
subsub wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37 pm
Is he on Sky?
Was listening to TMS.
What did he say?
Yes, he was just desperate for a wicket at 5 down to make it interesting more than anything, he just sounded more desperate than Wasim Akram.
:lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD