Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Ton up for Root. Nervy at 99 though.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Great performance today, especially the bowling. Our two spinners today look the business.
There's no poem, just prose.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:'Asked Jason Roy if he could take any shot from any of his teammates as his own, what would it be? He said the Chris Woakes cover drive'

Come on Woaksie.

I've probably jinxed him now. :?

Good knock from the lad.
England look well set for the semis now.
Assuming we beat Afghanistan, a win over Sri Lanka or NZ should be enough :)
WOKE AND PROUD

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Pakistan are playing India tomorrow . I hope pakistanwin . Some of the India fans are arrogant,and they should be supporting england anyway
Man U and rangers

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Why the fuck should the Indian fans be supporting England? If I travel from England to watch a world cup in India would you expect me to support India? I have an Indian friend who has travelled here to be at The Oval today, obviously he will be supporting India both in this match and in the tournament.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Btw, Indian fans are oddly like all other fans the world over ... largely pessimistic about their team's chances even when there is often no reason to be. They also tend to hate their cricket board (BCCI) in the same way we do the ECB.

Sport's governing bodies are by and large fuckwits with their own interests at heart rather than those of the actual sport.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Lou Grant wrote:Why the fuck should the Indian fans be supporting England? If I travel from England to watch a world cup in India would you expect me to support India? I have an Indian friend who has travelled here to be at The Oval today, obviously he will be supporting India both in this match and in the tournament.

I meant people of Indian descent born in England supporting India. You didn't understand.
Man U and rangers

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Let's hope for a good game today, because so far there have been a number of dull matches, mixed in with the washouts. And we haven't yet reached the stage of the matches that will be dead rubbers. I don't sense this has been a classic tournament, but I also accept ODI cricket is not for me.

I find it interesting that aside from the England games, people on this forum are barely bothering to post about the other games.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

theleader82 wrote:
Lou Grant wrote:Why the fuck should the Indian fans be supporting England? If I travel from England to watch a world cup in India would you expect me to support India? I have an Indian friend who has travelled here to be at The Oval today, obviously he will be supporting India both in this match and in the tournament.

I meant people of Indian descent born in England supporting India. You didn't understand.

No, you didn't explain yourself properly.

Also why do you not make the same statement for Pakistan? Why single out India? Because I know an English born Pakistani and I can assure you he is supporting Pakistan all the way. :P

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Bloomin' glory hunters and plastic fans. At least it's not as bad as Rugby League where Aussies win every tournament (bar one) since 1975.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Lou Grant wrote:Let's hope for a good game today, because so far there have been a number of dull matches, mixed in with the washouts. And we haven't yet reached the stage of the matches that will be dead rubbers. I don't sense this has been a classic tournament, but I also accept ODI cricket is not for me.

I find it interesting that aside from the England games, people on this forum are barely bothering to post about the other games.

The tournament has largely been fucking shit. Loads of rain, one sided matches with no close results, poor publicity, lack of fan zones and being overshadowed by the ol’ tarts footy World Cup.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Lou Grant wrote:
theleader82 wrote:

No, you didn't explain yourself properly.

Also why do you not make the same statement for Pakistan? Why single out India? Because I know an English born Pakistani and I can assure you he is supporting Pakistan all the way. :P

Leader’s posting on good old gut instinct as usual and not thinking things through bless.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I think Lou is just trying to spice up the thread and get a reaction. It’s pretty obvious Leader was talking about British born Indians though I’m not sure Tebitt’s law ever came into force :)

subsub

Post by subsub »

Is an interesting one.
I had a lot of Asian work colleagues in my last job, and the cricket fans among them always support India/Pakistan first, but England, too (although India/Pakistan if they are playing England).

Given that they are all second-generation Asians whose parents were born in India or Pakistan, and that was hugely influential in their upbringing, it's totally understandable. But I see why some people play the 'if you're born here, you should support England' card.

EDIT: Just something else on that. Dermot O'Leary supports England at cricket but Ireland at rugby. I remember reading that he said he could 'never' support the English rugby team. Wonder if he watches the Ireland cricket team now?
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Ahh the Norman Tebbit test, proving once and for all the idiot didn't have a clue about multiculturism.

It's quite simples really, when your mother's country is really shit support England.