Cricket World Cup

Anything sportlike
Lou Grant

Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by Lou Grant »

kancutlawns wrote:The tournament has largely been fucking shit. Loads of rain, one sided matches with no close results, poor publicity, lack of fan zones and being overshadowed by the ol’ tarts footy World Cup.

But why is the cricket being overshadowed by the women's world cup on here? As far I understand it virtually everyone on here hates women's football or is outraged by it, while there are loads of cricket fans. There is loads of cricket going on and I've personally not seen a single second of the football (not because I don't want to see it, simply I haven't got the time to watch it).

People act like it's being forced down their throats, but aside from the thread on here it has pretty much passed me by.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

antdad wrote:Ahh the Norman Tebbit test, proving once and for all the idiot didn't have a clue about multiculturism.

It's quite simples really, when your mother's country is really shit support England.

I think that’s it. When you’re young you want to support a winning team. The Windies used to get huge support over here when they were great, nowadays not so much. India are a dominant cricket force so it’s going to take at least another generation to change things.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Jonathan wrote:I think Lou is just trying to spice up the thread and get a reaction.

No, that was Lead-o. It's pretty much all he ever does. I don't think I've ever seen him post about cricket before, so presumably he simply saw an opportunity to get a little dig in about the Asian community.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Lou Grant wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I think Lou is just trying to spice up the thread and get a reaction.

No, that was Lead-o. It's pretty much all he ever does. I don't think I've ever seen him post about cricket before, so presumably he simply saw an opportunity to get a little dig in about the Asian community.

Correct.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Lou Grant wrote:

Oh ok, no problem. I’m not really familiar with his postings.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Tebbit was correct in his views on certain migrants lack of integration. You'd think people would cheer on the country that gave them a better quality of life.
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Lou Grant wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:The tournament has largely been fucking shit. Loads of rain, one sided matches with no close results, poor publicity, lack of fan zones and being overshadowed by the ol’ tarts footy World Cup.

But why is the cricket being overshadowed by the women's world cup on here? As far I understand it virtually everyone on here hates women's football or is outraged by it, while there are loads of cricket fans. There is loads of cricket going on and I've personally not seen a single second of the football (not because I don't want to see it, simply I haven't got the time to watch it).

People act like it's being forced down their throats, but aside from the thread on here it has pretty much passed me by.

Can we get back on topic instead of you foisting your support for the women’s World Cup onto us?

What are your opinions of the coverage and publicity created fit the cricket World Cup?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Lou Grant wrote:

I tend to agree with you. I suspect it’s a mixture of the nature of this forum and how it’s televised. If the football was on Sky the criticism would be far less.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Pakistan back to their usual fielding today.......

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:Tebbit was correct in his views on certain migrants lack of integration. You'd think people would cheer on the country that gave them a better quality of life.

Utter crap. His comments were made at a time of racial tension in the 1980s and was made by an old establishment slap head to appeal to the skinhead electorate.

Anyway, I think you would have been only about six when he made that speech so I doubt you would understood the context or the period.

What are your opinions on the cricket, Lead-o?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Tebbit himself was known as The Chingford Skinhead.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Pakistan are utter gash once again, India nailed on to get a huge total.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Lou Grant wrote:Why the fuck should the Indian fans be supporting England? If I travel from England to watch a world cup in India would you expect me to support India? I have an Indian friend who has travelled here to be at The Oval today, obviously he will be supporting India both in this match and in the tournament.

Bit of a wasted journey, should have gone to Old Trafford instead. :)

Anyway, ha:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

In response to Lou's post about lack of posts about the World Cup. Don't have Sky, have listened to a few games and only watched highlights of a few games late on C4. Shame for kids who like cricket and the free to air debate has been all over meeja. Yeah, they can watch the next day, but probably wont bother knowing the result.

Anyway, off to Trent Bridge on Thursdsy to hopefully see the Banglan's bash the Aussies. 8)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Pakistan are giving it a good go. Only lost one wicket so far
Man U and rangers