Cricket World Cup

Anything sportlike
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by Carlos J »

Reg wrote:I think that’s the first time a team I’ve supported has ever won a major trophy. :)

Me err not too. Boro won the 2004 Carling Cup v Fat Sam's Bolton. A great day. :drinkers: :drinkers:

Anyway, back to tie break rules and shite. India v Pakistan tied in a T20 game in the 2007 World Cup and had a bowl off. That would have been fun today: :)

But taking out one aspect of the game. At least a Super Over is bat v ball.

Great comments on that video:
tamil whatsapp status
1 week ago
Just see dhoni and pakistani keeper their position behind stumps......dhoni position behind stumps make bowlers a great focus towards stumps that made a victory......pakistani keeper akmal stands far from stumps and stands far from straight line towards stumps thus made a diversion........ this proves dhoni's great presence of mind.....
Manu Jr
4 months ago
This is basic cricket error.. I don't think Pakistan will ever learn to play cricket.. anyone of you noticed how dhoni was sitting right behind the stumps and not standing on the side...? It's very simple.. the rest I'll let you understand.. as a club cricketer.. I know this.. "not now" I was watching this match live and i was wondering what is the pak keeper doing.. lol is he waiting for an edge.. lol..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

subsub wrote:
Two Crows wrote:In the history of any sport there won’t be a closer finish to a World Cup Final. Amazing stuff, considering the drama of the Wimbledon final earlier. Can’t but feel for New Zealand and Federer after contests like those today. Hollywood can make up some great pretend drama, but nothing can replicate live sport.

Congratulations to Ireland's Owen Morgan and his team mates, but I gotta say very hard lines to New Zealand.

Yes, very tough on New Zealand. Great team, and a terrific bunch of blokes. Would have been supporting them all the way had they not been playing England in the final.

Guptill immediately signalling a six when Bolt caught that ball and stepped back was a touch of real class.
There's no poem, just prose.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
subsub wrote:
Two Crows wrote:In the history of any sport there won’t be a closer finish to a World Cup Final. Amazing stuff, considering the drama of the Wimbledon final earlier. Can’t but feel for New Zealand and Federer after contests like those today. Hollywood can make up some great pretend drama, but nothing can replicate live sport.

Congratulations to Ireland's Owen Morgan and his team mates, but I gotta say very hard lines to New Zealand.

Yes, very tough on New Zealand. Great team, and a terrific bunch of blokes. Would have been supporting them all the way had they not been playing England in the final.

Guptill immediately signalling a six when Bolt caught that ball and stepped back was a touch of real class.

Exactly.
Compare that with that cunt of a Barcelona keeper who rolled around claiming he'd been smacked in the face when Wijnaldum grabbed the ball to restart the game in the CL semi this year.
WOKE AND PROUD

Holden Mcgroyne

They're taking it well

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:They're taking it well

A limited number of people in Scotland have an interest in cricket.
Why would it be in our news?

The sport pages are filled with news of Scottish sport with the last page usually dedicated to English football, cricket and horse racing.

And no one reads that paper anyway.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kevin04 wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:They're taking it well

A limited number of people in Scotland have an interest in cricket.
Why would it be in our news?

The sport pages are filled with news of Scottish sport with the last page usually dedicated to English football, cricket and horse racing.

And no one reads that paper anyway.

We're the Guvnor's, Kevin, as you say. :) It should be front page news. Flipping uppity ignoring Scotch. :( They'll want their country back next.

Again. :smt102 :smt110 :poke:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Amongst others: :drinkers: :drinkers:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Rachel Burden has just said “we all want Ben Stokes to be our father”. :shock: You mean by beating the shit out of another man? You stupid, stupid woman.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Ben Stokes for SPOTY.
Dieu Le Roi.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Greenest top I'd seen at Lords for a long time, and good for this type of game imo. Tracks these days favour the batsmen, but this one gave the bowlers a better chance. 18 wickets and nearly 500 runs in a day can't be bad.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Congratulations yet again to Ireland's Owen Morgan and his England team mates. But you gotta say how unlucky were New Zealand, just unbelievable. That's two teams I feel the fickle finger of fate has turned against this year, the other being Ajax Amsterdam in their CL semi final. Live sport eh!
Dieu Le Roi.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Quality day of sport. Cricket on terrestrial TV attracts the attention of casuals like me :)
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

kancutlawns wrote:Rachel Burden has just said “we all want Ben Stokes to be our father”. :shock: You mean by beating the shit out of another man? You stupid, stupid woman.

Think she's the one who claims to be a massive rugby fan but knows fuck all about it.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

New Zealand will get their revenge in the rugby world cup . Can’t wait for that to start
Man U and rangers

Holden Mcgroyne

theleader82 wrote:New Zealand will get their revenge in the rugby world cup . Can’t wait for that to start

Who gives a fuck ?