Coventry City

Anything sportlike
kancutlawns

Coventry City

Post by kancutlawns »

Dear oh dear. They were in the top flight for as long as I remember and of course famously won the FA Cup in 1987. A nasty, bruising club whenever they came to the Villa with a really loud following. They gave as good as they gave and were quite uncompromising.

Then in 2001, they finally went down and it’s pretty much been downhill all the way since. An example of a club that has fallen on hard times but because of their lack of silverware and coming from a city in the middle of nowhere, no one really talks about their demise in the same way as say Leeds, Villa, Sheffield Wednesday Forest or Ipswich.

Obviously their owners have been twats but surely, their ‘new’ stadium has to be a prime example of a club that has failed where they should have stayed in their original home.

After years of problems with the Ricoh Arena which is in the outskirts of Coventry, by Junction 2 of the M6 where the council have taking ownership rendering City ground sharing with Northampton, more uncertainty awaits. They now have to go up the A45 to St Andrews for next season. WTF is actually going on with Coventry City. I think they narrowly missed out on promotion.

Zummers, the price of a season ticket is actually £60 cheaper next season at £200.

Zambo

Re: Coventry City

Post by Zambo »

That's a good price Lawns, but it still won't entice me. The last time I went to St Andrews was for a night game, can't even remember who it was against, but we were 0-4 at HT when I left. The only time I've ever left earlier than a couple of minutes. What a shitty 150 mile drive home that was.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Used to treat that club with real disdain but just can't any more when the situation is so dire they have to leave their city for the second time in six years. The decent fans hit hard again.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Poor fuckers didn’t really have a local derby. Neither in the West nor East Midlands. Cov’s a bit of a shithole too.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Just cov boys made err bad
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I remember when Jimmy Hill was there and he did great things for the club, but I think the heart just went out of the fans and players alike when Jon Gaunt started supporting them.
No one can be certain that they started to deliberately lose games to get back at him on behalf of humanity itself, but that's what they say apparently.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Always wondered just why have SISU held onto the club for nearly 10 years. Surely it can't be worth their while financially?
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca