The Championship 2019/2020

Anything sportlike
m4rkb

Re: The Championship 2019/2020

Post by m4rkb »

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

.. I thought I'd dip my toe back into this thread ready for next season.

:oops:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Went on Saturday and we were woeful. Only Grealish could hold his head up. Morale’s just evaporated and that useless cunt Wesley seems to have affected others in the side. I’m thinking the owners may be forced to dispense with Smith if we don’t win against either Norwich or Watford.

Need a new injection of blood amongst the playing staff and even manager. Love Deano for what he did for us last season but he’s not cut out to manage at this level. And JT seems to be doing fuck all coaching.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

kancutlawns wrote:Went on Saturday and we were woeful. Only Grealish could hold his head up. Morale’s just evaporated and that useless cunt Wesley seems to have affected others in the side. I’m thinking the owners may be forced to dispense with Smith if we don’t win against either Norwich or Watford.

Need a new injection of blood amongst the playing staff and even manager. Love Deano for what he did for us last season but he’s not cut out to manage at this level. And JT seems to be doing fuck all coaching.

Had the same discussion myself a couple of days back with a few Villa faithful. Most agreed Smith has run out of ideas as well as steam, which is not good given we've just dropped into the relegation zone and expected to fight out way out. He's a good Championship manager but out of his depth in the PL.

Hate to say but we need yet another manager.

And he can take Terry out of the door with him. Our defence is fucking amateur.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Two Crows wrote:Half term report.

50pts from 23 games, a goal scoring return of 2-1 in our favour. Three points clear at the top of the tree this Christmas and twelve clear in the promotion positions. With only one defeat all season and with a young team playing exciting football the fans are flocking back to The Hawthorns. All in all it's been an excellent first six months in charge for Slaven Bilic.

I was very pleased to see Slaven take over at Albion in the summer and expected an upturn in performances and results under him, but the return has exceeded even my expectations. Continue in this vein and we should be promoted by Easter.

Looking good for sure.

Be good to see them back, TC.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Went on Saturday and we were woeful. Only Grealish could hold his head up. Morale’s just evaporated and that useless cunt Wesley seems to have affected others in the side. I’m thinking the owners may be forced to dispense with Smith if we don’t win against either Norwich or Watford.

Had the same discussion myself a couple of days back with a few Villa faithful. Most agreed Smith has run out of ideas as well as steam, which is not good given we've just dropped into the relegation zone and expected to fight out way out. He's a good Championship manager but out of his depth in the PL.

Hate to say but we need yet another manager.

And he can take Terry out of the door with him. Our defence is fucking amateur.

The Wesley affair is a strange one. Covered at great length amongst the fans for months that a bloke who scored about 15 goals in a season in an inferior European League was signed for £22m yet can actually do literally fuck all, Kodjia completely frozen out. Some horrendous decisions by Smith. Our midfield is completely powder puff, Luiz is anonymous, Grealish may be off certainly in the summer, McGinn’s fucked his ankle stupidly, Hourihane is weak, we could just go on.

Need to really pull a rabbit out of the hat on Boxing Day. It really is a shame. But realistically we were going to struggle finishing last season in a play off place but it has still be an enjoyable experience being back compared to the season we went down.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Carlos J wrote:

50pts from 23 games, a goal scoring return of 2-1 in our favour. Three points clear at the top of the tree this Christmas and twelve clear in the promotion positions. With only one defeat all season and with a young team playing exciting football the fans are flocking back to The Hawthorns. All in all it's been an excellent first six months in charge for Slaven Bilic.

I was very pleased to see Slaven take over at Albion in the summer and expected an upturn in performances and results under him, but the return has exceeded even my expectations. Continue in this vein and we should be promoted by Easter.

Looking good for sure.

Cheers CJ. :smt023
Dieu Le Roi.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote:

Looking good for sure.

They’re going to be a yo-yo club, possibly. It takes years and years in the Prem to consolidate in the Premier League to get to where Leicester, Wolves and Burnley are. West Brom are a small regional club who show a lot of promise but I think they will struggle when they get back. Bilic will probably be off when a bigger club comes in for him.

Sadly with us and our near rivals, we’re going to be like ships passing through the night as we’ll probably go back down. :(

One thing about Norwich old friend, the club’s returned a load of unsold tickets at ours on Boxing Day. Quite disappointing, it’s nice seeing the Norwich boys come down. Are the trains off that day? :(

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Champo is the place to be gents .....winning games instead of merely trying to survive constantly .......in the case of Woodgate it is proving difficult :D , but some of the owners of certain clubs are financially dubious to say the least & in the future it will be chased up by the powers like it is in the EFL now RE fair play fiddles .....the ££££ in the PL & they are now fiddling the books to hide massive losses :shock: ..........& no fucking VAR :D Unless you are one of the top teams then yes I would say it's been in trouble for a while and the greed will eventual kill it and ticket prices will have to reduce.

I think we will see Amazon and the like try to but more packages and the live streaming is certainly the way it is going - if not for Prem league then certainly other games. Even Prem clubs are losing crowds - Newcastle, Bournemouth, look at City's attendances for non-prem fixtures they are going down as fans watch on box.

As a Boro fan, where are we? We only want to go up for some £££ we'd rather have excitement of Champ than Prem and the weekly thumping by City or Liverpool - it's a billionaires playground that we can't compete in.

Footballs fucked
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Northern Troglodite wrote:Champo is the place to be gents .....winning games instead of merely trying to survive constantly .......in the case of Woodgate it is proving difficult :D , but some of the owners of certain clubs are financially dubious to say the least & in the future it will be chased up by the powers like it is in the EFL now RE fair play fiddles .....the ££££ in the PL & they are now fiddling the books to hide massive losses :shock: ..........& no fucking VAR :D

Footballs fucked

I’m actually thinking it is trog-o. Boro are better there as are a number of other clubs as the Prem is an unforgiving league, wouldn’t mind seeing Brentford go up though as they have a great model of how to run a club as have Wolves and Sheffield United.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Agree about Brentford .....however Fosun own Wolves , which equates to SERIOUS ££££, like King Power are to Leicester, mega billions not millions , even the Bournmouths have mega money thrown at them ........yet still most of the clubs are losing Millions a season. Sky money sounds a lot .......but when you see what the fuckers are earning it dont go far . Talk is yr lot are under financial pressures now ?
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Northern Troglodite wrote:Agree about Brentford .....however Fosun own Wolves , which equates to SERIOUS ££££, like King Power are to Leicester, mega billions not millions , even the Bournmouths have mega money thrown at them ........yet still most of the clubs are losing Millions a season. Sky money sounds a lot .......but when you see what the fuckers are earning it dont go far . Talk is yr lot are under financial pressures now ?

Yup, we got £120m odd and spent it all on new signings in summer. It's difficult to really know the real story of our finances and the issue with the owners buying the ground. But if you look at the full houses we've had for every league game plus the TV/sponsorship and our cup run, I really can't understand the FFP. Looks like we'll be hit with a huge fine and possibly a points deduction but what I don't know the EPL canforce the Football League to impose such sanctions.

If you look at the huge amounts Man U through up the wall and Leicester too seasons back, it does make you wonder. I think the FFP is there just to maintain some order.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote:[...]
One thing about Norwich old friend, the club’s returned a load of unsold tickets at ours on Boxing Day. Quite disappointing, it’s nice seeing the Norwich boys come down. Are the trains off that day? :(

Yep, no trains. A shame as they usually take a decent amount away.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Sorry. Dean Smith needs to go.
Worked for a few games but the new broom isn't sweeping clean any more and has lost all its bristles.

Not good enough for the Prem and another loss in what's was a must win 6pointer.

Watford had the right idea appointing their new broom and will most probably rise out of the drop zone themselves like Southampton are doing. This means we need two other mug teams to replace them or we're down. Smith has run out of ideas while those around us have found new ones which are working.

Dismal stuff again and was fully expecting to lose so not disappointed. Norwich last Saturday should have won 4 or 5 - 1. Not a great victory but a luck one.

What the fuck is Terry bringing to the coaching staff other than training them how to lose and not defend properly?

Enough !!!!!

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Got to love the fickle football fan. Smith got you up last season, was brilliant having a Villa fan in charge blah blah blah and now he’s shit :lol: .

Amazed Villa didn’t learn from the mistakes Fulham made. Buying a shed loads of players is the problem.