Andy Murray retirement

Anything sportlike
Reg

Re: Andy Murray retirement

Post by Reg »

Salem wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Greatest sportsman from these islands, not a chance he's retiring anytime soon.

I'm totally with you on the greatest British sportsman of all time there Kev . I believe had he played in any other era , he'd have won many more slams .

However i feel frustration will soon set in that he can't get back to 100% fitness for what is needed to get back to the very top and i fear he'll walk away .

A top sportsman who's never got the credit he deserved from these shores

Definitely up there with the best ever.
Roy IN!!

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

One of the newsreaders demonstrating the usual poor product knowledge of any sport other than football earlier, referring to the Challenge Tour which Andy Murray will be playing in when he goes to the Mallorca Open.

It's the CHALLENGER Tour - Get it right please.

Almost as bad as Hellen Rollaston (RIP) once saying that a set had been won 6-NIL.

The US Open is about to start so presumably, we'll have a few references to players' next games? As opposed to what they actually play, MATCHES.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

tennisman wrote:One of the newsreaders demonstrating the usual poor product knowledge of any sport other than football earlier, referring to the Challenge Tour which Andy Murray will be playing in when he goes to the Mallorca Open.

Almost as bad as Hellen Rollaston (RIP) once saying that a set had been won 6-NIL.

The US Open is about to start so presumably, we'll have a few references to players' next games? As opposed to what they actually play, MATCHES.

You are a top man, tennisman, and I love your posts ; but wasn't it ROLLASON :D
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

theleader82 wrote:I think Murray would be better of retiring then failing to come back from hip surgery. He couldn’t compete with the top trio when fit so what hope does he have now . A big part of his game was scrambling around the court , and I don’t think his body is up to that now. He should’ve proud of what he’s achieved . I imagine his sponsors want him to carry on

Given his sparkling personality I could see him fronting a BBC Scotland cooking show with his mummy Judy.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

kevin04 wrote:
tennisman wrote:One of the newsreaders demonstrating the usual poor product knowledge of any sport other than football earlier, referring to the Challenge Tour which Andy Murray will be playing in when he goes to the Mallorca Open.

My apologies and well spotted. Yes, it was.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

tennisman wrote:
kevin04 wrote:

My apologies and well spotted. Yes, it was.

No apologies needed, tennisman. It was more a cheeky joke :)

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

theleader82 wrote:I think Murray would be better of retiring then failing to come back from hip surgery. He couldn’t compete with the top trio when fit so what hope does he have now .
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Two months later - Murray wins his first title in two years, beating three time grand slam champion Stan Wawrinka.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Lou Grant wrote:
theleader82 wrote:I think Murray would be better of retiring then failing to come back from hip surgery. He couldn’t compete with the top trio when fit so what hope does he have now .
Two months later - Murray wins his first title in two years, beating three time grand slam champion Stan Wawrinka.

I thought Murray competed quite admirably with those three over a number of years. :?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Good comeback good win.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

kancutlawns wrote:
Lou Grant wrote:

I thought Murray competed quite admirably with those three over a number of years. :?

44% win percentage against Federer - the greatest male tennis player of all time - is not too shabby. :P

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Greatest modern sportsman from these islands without a doubt.

Well done Andy!