2019 Rugby World Cup

Anything sportlike
Jonathan

Re: 2019 Rugby World Cup

Post by Jonathan »

Brilliant game of rugby. Japan’s running style was a joy to behold.
I would expect the power of the Boks to be too much for them but they have done themselves and the “Japan Authorities” proud :)

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Brilliant performance from Japan 8)

I didn’t have a dog in the fight so I’m a little baffled by above snide comment. If you’re going to mis- quote correctly then I said “Japanese Authorities” and my original post was more than complimentary about Japanese fans.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Well done Japan!

Won every single group game, and as not a huge rugby fan, wonderful to watch. Better than Ireland and better than Scotland, the stats never lie. Always great when the hosts go through too. What a place too, would love to visit and fantastic hosts.

Scotland should never have let Vern Cotter go. Toonie a good guy, but probably not an international class coach.

Roll on the QFs. Having been to NZ - a great place and people but by God and rightly so, arrogant rugby fans. I hope Ireland put them out next week.

And come on Australia too! Not just the Ashes but send the Guffies home too. \:D/ \:D/
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

EddieCheddar wrote:Brilliant performance from Japan 8)

I didn’t have a dog in the fight so I’m a little baffled by above snide comment. If you’re going to mis- quote correctly then I said “Japanese Authorities” and my original post was more than complimentary about Japanese fans. Honestly, this place has become a total waste of time and effort.

Relax mate, just a joke hence the smiley face. Be fair, your original post of them wanting the game called off was a bit tenuous.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

Jonathan wrote:

I didn’t have a dog in the fight so I’m a little baffled by above snide comment. If you’re going to mis- quote correctly then I said “Japanese Authorities” and my original post was more than complimentary about Japanese fans. Honestly, this place has become a total waste of time and effort.

Relax mate, just a joke hence the smiley face. Be fair, your original post of them wanting the game called off was a bit tenuous.

Yep, I’d make you right, John-o. No hard feelings, been a shite week :)

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

It's the arrogance of the Scotch I can't stand ... the assumption that the match shouldn't have been canecelled because they were bound to win it.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

What arrogance? Every Scot I met knew it would be a difficult game and we'd need to be on our best game to get through (win by 8 plus point).

The match shouldn't have been cancelled because both teams had something to play for. Just like NZ v Italy should have been played too as Italy had a chance to go through too.

Then again all the teams knew the competition rules before hand.

It's a tinpot sport though, just like cricket is - cancelling games and putting them down as draws is riddiclous. It would never happen in football.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

EddieCheddar wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

Yep, I’d make you right, John-o. No hard feelings, been a shite week :)

:smt023

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

So QFs are

Japan - SA
NZ - Ireland
England - Australia
Wales - France.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

JimmyDee wrote:It's the arrogance of the Scotch I can't stand ... the assumption that the match shouldn't have been canecelled because they were bound to win it.

Oh dear.

Making stuff up again Jimmy?
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JimmyDee wrote:It's the arrogance of the Scotch I can't stand ... the assumption that the match shouldn't have been canecelled because they were bound to win it.

Plus they threatened legal action against the World Cup organisers if the match was called off. It went ahead and Japan won. Wouldn’t blame the organisers if they told the Scots to fuck off back home with their threats and spite.

Karma’s come back to bite the Scotch on the arse.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Jonathan wrote:they have done themselves and the “Japan Authorities” proud :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

kevin04 wrote:The match shouldn't have been cancelled because both teams had something to play for

Irrespective of player and spectator safety? :?
WOKE AND PROUD

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

kancutlawns wrote:

Plus they threatened legal action against the World Cup organisers if the match was called off. It went ahead and Japan won. Wouldn’t blame the organisers if they told the Scots to fuck off back home with their threats and spite.

Karma’s come back to bite the Scotch on the arse.

Shut up you fucking tart.
A joyless arsehole.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Quarter Final line up,
Sat 19th
England v Australia
New Zealand v Ireland
Sun 20th
Wales v France
Japan v South Africa.