Sports "personality" shortlist

Anything sportlike
Zambo

Re: Sports "personality" shortlist

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:I'll say it again: Who is on the shortlist for Overseas Sports Personality of the Year? I bet it's a New Zealand Rugby player.

Mo Farah

No, he's British.

Well that's what the label says for his pretend nationality, but your real nationality is created when and where you are born.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Sue and Linekar do not care about such triffles. Race? Nationality? Puuuurleeeez. It's a knee's-up. A time for repressed athletes to let their hair down. Insecure athletes love faux awards. I admit, I get a twisted kick watching fit manly girls like Dina Asher-Smith and KJT struggling and stumbling around in kitten heels and tight-fitting dresses. Fucking love it. Dolling themselves up. It's all good. It's all bullshit, but it's all good.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Carlos J wrote:
Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Regarding little Lewis. I haven't a problem with the fellow. Partly because he winds his neck-in and doesn't bang-on about climate-change.
So everyone who doesn't bang on about climate change isn't a cunt. I've never heard Piers Morgan or Jeremy Clarkson go on about it, so does that rule them out as well

?? I don't know who those people are. I'm talking about Lewis.

We are talking about what qualifies people being a cunt. You said Hamilton wasn't one because he doesn't bang on about climate change. I was just giving a couple of examples why that doesn't necessarily rule people out of being one.

Err, Hamilton has recently been banging on about it: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... 0#p1394157
Carlos J wrote:Read it independently and came to post on here: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/lewis- ... 00763.html

A lot of the replies there seem to think it's more about the state of the world now.

And, Zambo. Did you not read Stevie Hunt's post in the 'Climate protestors' thread today about Clarkson: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... 5#p1402765
Steve Hunt wrote:Greta Thunberg has killed motor shows by making young people hate cars:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1 ... -car-show/

Well said Jezza, but he's still a cunt. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:I'll say it again: Who is on the shortlist for Overseas Sports Personality of the Year? I bet it's a New Zealand Rugby player.

Mo Farah

No, he's British.

Well that's what the label says for his pretend nationality, but your real nationality is created when and where you are born.

So you claim.
But he's got a British passport, and that's good enough for me :)
WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I must confess. I am absolutely cock-a-hoop regarding British athletics. I've always thought it was a fraudulent exercise. No pun intended. Seb Coe? The man is rotten to the core. Steve 'I was only speeding because I was picking my kids up, no, I was cheating on my wife' Cram. Paula 'take a piss in the street and get paid-off by Nike nicely' Radcliffe. These fucking wasters make Darren 'Bronze' Campbell look good. Know what I mean? If that wasn't enough, we've got Mo. I genuinely believe athletics is dead and the Olympics, which is on the horizon, is fucked. The plebs have woken-up to this fucking shitfest. That born-again christian cunt who jumps into a sandpit does my head-in too.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

There you go: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/50591091
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Carlos J wrote:

That’s a decent list, especially the NZ rugby player :lol:

Tiger for me.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Jonathan wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

That’s a decent list, especially the NZ rugby player :lol:

Tiger for me.

Tiger Tim Henman?
Roy IN!!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Roar. :cat: Tiger for me as well, Jonathan.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

What about Tom Brady the New England Patriots quarter-pounder?

After all American Football is now a diet of the BBC.
Dieu Le Roi.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:
antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:Hamilton should be ruled out immediately. All the rest have achieved using their own bodies, and not sat in a fucking car.

You don't like Hamilton do you?

What's the bloke in the picture got to do with it, is he up for it again this year. 'The rest' meant those in the frame for 2019.

I'm no fan of F1 because it doesn't do much for me as an actual spectacle but it is a formidable sport in every other way including the stresses drivers have to endure and the fitness they have to acquire to enable driving in around a two hour race consistently up to and over 200mph. To reduce the sport to just "sat in a fucking car" is just silly, F1 pilots have to be supremely fit, skilled and talented in what is an extremely competitive world sport.
Like or loathe Hamilton's public persona he's an English born multi world champion in a sport that the UK is as a whole rather successful at. Damon Hill (above pic) and Nigel Mansell were singular World Champions, dull as shit but adored and won SPoY, Hamilton is now a six times world champion and has therefore surpassed their achievements by a country mile and without the benefit of privilege (Hill) so he really should be adored but clearly isn't.

Hill was a funny fella and quite self-deprecating:

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

It was nice how Steve Ovett wasn't let posh boy Coe grab all the glory.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Here we go. Two hours of fun. :)

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Is it tonight? Once the highlight of BBC sports year and now, thankfully, no one gives a fuck. Still, Lineker isn't going to get those taxis paid by someone else....oh wait, he is.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Telly link goes wrong :) and fuck sake, now St RaRa.