Sports "personality" shortlist

Anything sportlike
subsub

Re: Sports "personality" shortlist

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Got a feeling Ben might be confident of winning.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/crick ... SPOTY.html

But it's in The Mail. Must be shite as usual. :lol:

Strange, could of sworn I saw a post from you stating posters should be allowed to quote from any media source and now you move the goal posts to suit yourself.

Make your mind you dopey c... :lol:

It was tongue cheek, because of all the shite aimed by certain people who just react to the source rather than discuss the content. Anyone who didn't spot that must be a dopey C. :D

ps subsub won't have any of that story, it's all a pack of lies and The Mail should be sued for printing it. :D

The Daily Mail's sport section is different.
It's not quite as bigoted and racist as the rest of the newspaper (Jeff Powell's stuff notwithstanding).
I'll allow it :wink:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Good man subs, good to see your flexibility. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote: The Daily Mail's sport section is different.
It's not quite as bigoted and racist as the rest of the newspaper (Jeff Powell's stuff notwithstanding).
I'll allow it :wink:

Why is the Daily Mail racist? Because it doesn't serve your ludicrous ideal where dogs live with cats and everyone farts fairy-bubbles? You are so full of sanctimony subsub. I can shit better copy than you on my off-day.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote:Why is the Daily Mail racist?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
LADS, WE'VE FOUND ANOTHER ONE!
carcinogen wrote:I can shit better copy than you on my off-day

I'm sure you can. The spirit of Hunter S Thompson lives on.
WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote:

Fair play. I have had one too many beers. You're a gentleman and a scholar subsub. A class act.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote:
subsub wrote:

Fair play. I have had one too many beers. You're a gentleman and a scholar subsub. A class act.

In fairness, Carc, I prefer it when there's a bit of an edge to you.
Keep up the good work, pal :drinkers:
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Well that was all a bit handbags, was hoping for a six-monther
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Well that was all a bit handbags, was hoping for a six-monther

Carc is taking on all-comers at the moment.

Doesn’t have time to waste on every Tom, Dick and Harry.
Roy IN!!

antdad

Post by antdad »

Zambo wrote:
antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:Hamilton should be ruled out immediately. All the rest have achieved using their own bodies, and not sat in a fucking car.

You don't like Hamilton do you?

What's the bloke in the picture got to do with it, is he up for it again this year. 'The rest' meant those in the frame for 2019.

I'm no fan of F1 because it doesn't do much for me as an actual spectacle but it is a formidable sport in every other way including the stresses drivers have to endure and the fitness they have to acquire to enable driving in around a two hour race consistently up to and over 200mph. To reduce the sport to just "sat in a fucking car" is just silly, F1 pilots have to be supremely fit, skilled and talented in what is an extremely competitive world sport.
Like or loathe Hamilton's public persona he's an English born multi world champion in a sport that the UK is as a whole rather successful at. Damon Hill (above pic) and Nigel Mansell were singular World Champions, dull as shit but adored and won SPoY, Hamilton is now a six times world champion and has therefore surpassed their achievements by a country mile and without the benefit of privilege (Hill) so he really should be adored but clearly isn't.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:
antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:Hamilton should be ruled out immediately. All the rest have achieved using their own bodies, and not sat in a fucking car.

What's the bloke in the picture got to do with it, is he up for it again this year. 'The rest' meant those in the frame for 2019.

I'm no fan of F1 because it doesn't do much for me as an actual spectacle but it is a formidable sport in every other way including the stresses drivers have to endure and the fitness they have to acquire to enable driving in around a two hour race consistently up to and over 200mph. To reduce the sport to just "sat in a fucking car" is just silly, F1 pilots have to be supremely fit, skilled and talented in what is an extremely competitive world sport.
Like or loathe Hamilton's public persona he's an English born multi world champion in a sport that the UK is as a whole rather successful at. Damon Hill (above pic) and Nigel Mansell were singular World Champions, dull as shit but adored and won SPoY, Hamilton is now a six times world champion and has therefore surpassed their achievements by a country mile and without the benefit of privilege (Hill) so he really should be adored but clearly isn't.

The bloke is an arsehole, but it's not because of that that I don't think his achievements should be recognised among athletes, because he isn't one. Yes, he has to keep sharp, keep his weight in check and be mentally switched on to maximum during his 20 races per year, but what he's sat in makes a big contribution to his success. So yes a massive achievement based on results, but when looking for the best I don't think he comes close to most of the others nominated.

subsub

Post by subsub »

antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:
antdad wrote:

=D> =D>
Spot on, ant-o.
So many ill-informed, bitter comments about F1 (and Hamilton). Says far more about them, really.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:
antdad wrote:

=D> =D>
Spot on, ant-o.
So many ill-informed, bitter comments about F1 (and Hamilton). Says far more about them, really.

The only thing it says to a normal person, is that there is disagreement and a difference of opinion. The need for snide and rude comments about anyone who disagrees with anyone else, says a lot more about them to be honest imo. You personally seem to do that on every thread and in every section, and my own belief is that it is a weakness which needs to be addressed urgently, and so does the cocksucking of a cunt like Hamilton. (difference of opinion, not snidey or rude)

Oh, I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that the BBC award is for the Sports 'personality' of the year, which makes you wonder how Hamilton got anywhere near the nominations in the first place.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:
antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:
antdad wrote:

=D> =D>
Spot on, ant-o.

The only thing it says to a normal person, is that there is disagreement and a difference of opinion. The need for snide and rude comments about anyone who disagrees with anyone else, says a lot more about them to be honest imo. You personally seem to do that on every thread and in every section, and my own belief is that it is a weakness which needs to be addressed urgently, and so does the cocksucking of a cunt like Hamilton. (difference of opinion, not snidey or rude)

Oh, I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that the BBC award is for the Sports 'personality' of the year, which makes you wonder how Hamilton got anywhere near the nominations in the first place.

I thought the same back in 1998 after Michael Owen won it and the same in 2001 with David Beckham.
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

They need to drop the 'personality' bit if they are going to give the award to dickheads.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Zambo wrote:They need to drop the 'personality' bit if they are going to give the award to dickheads.

Agreed, Andy Murray has won the bloody thing three times,he's hardly Mr Personality...
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/