Sports "personality" shortlist

Anything sportlike
Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Sports "personality" shortlist

Post by Basualdo »

Or just drop the 'ality' off 'personality'.

Didn't it used to be Sportsman of the year until bints started winning it in the sixties or something, then it became 'personality'?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Sue Barker is currently undergoing surgery for the big event. The wounds should heal in time. She tried to persuade her great mate Cliff to do a number with Anton Du Beke during the halftime interval but the pencils at he BEEB declined the idea due to health and safety concerns.

I wonder what Linekar's fee will be? A cool million? Netto? Honestly, are you, as licence fee slaves, happy about that? I think Dan Walker might make an appearance too. That's right, Dan, the vaguely camp born-again Christian cruise-ship compare on a cool 250k a year. Paid big bucks to be the most vanilla man in Britain.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:Sue Barker is currently undergoing surgery for the big event. The wounds should heal in time. She tried to persuade her great mate Cliff to do a number with Anton Du Beke during the halftime interval but the pencils at he BEEB declined the idea due to health and safety concerns.

I wonder what Linekar's fee will be? A cool million? Netto? Honestly, are you, as licence fee slaves, happy about that? I think Dan Walker might make an appearance too. That's right, Dan, the vaguely camp born-again Christian cruise-ship compare on a cool 250k a year. Paid big bucks to be the most vanilla man in Britain.

On the plus side, the more BBC "talent" they cram live on stage where we can see them, the less there are at large raping our kids or, say, masturbating at social functions.

So you could possibly say that it's almost money well spent.
Proud Gammon

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote:She tried to persuade her great mate Cliff to do a number with Anton Du Beke during the halftime interval but the pencils at he BEEB declined the idea due to health and safety concerns

:lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:The only thing it says to a normal person, is that there is disagreement and a difference of opinion. The need for snide and rude comments about anyone who disagrees with anyone else, says a lot more about them to be honest imo. You personally seem to do that on every thread and in every section, and my own belief is that it is a weakness which needs to be addressed urgently, and so does the cocksucking of a cunt like Hamilton. (difference of opinion, not snidey or rude)

Oh, I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that the BBC award is for the Sports 'personality' of the year, which makes you wonder how Hamilton got anywhere near the nominations in the first place.

You've never actually been specific about your reasons for hating the British six-time world F1 champion Lewis Hamilton.
I'd be very interested to find out what they are.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Carc you are deranged but this is some good shit :D
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:The only thing it says to a normal person, is that there is disagreement and a difference of opinion. The need for snide and rude comments about anyone who disagrees with anyone else, says a lot more about them to be honest imo. You personally seem to do that on every thread and in every section, and my own belief is that it is a weakness which needs to be addressed urgently, and so does the cocksucking of a cunt like Hamilton. (difference of opinion, not snidey or rude)

Oh, I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that the BBC award is for the Sports 'personality' of the year, which makes you wonder how Hamilton got anywhere near the nominations in the first place.

You've never actually been specific about your reasons for hating the British six-time world F1 champion Lewis Hamilton.

And you've never been specific about what you think they might be.
Proud Gammon

subsub

Post by subsub »

Basualdo wrote:
subsub wrote:

And you've never been specific about what you think they might be.

No, I have actually.
Others (like Lash), have berated him for having his ears pierced, and for taking an interest in fashion. Hardly a hanging offence.
Oh, and for 'whingeing' (something that all F1 drivers do, by the way, when things aren't going their way – Vettel and Alonso being prime examples). His accent may have something to do with it, too (I admit that it is 'mid-Atlantic' now - not great!)
WOKE AND PROUD

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I don't like the man because he acts like a spoilt child. Though if he wins SPOTY , I'd think him a worthy winner. He's undoubtedly supremely good at what he does, no one can take that away. In his profession he's the best.
What you think that profession is up to you. It doesn't interest me but I recognise it as a worthy sport.

He's not a particularly interesting 'personality'. But the F1 doesn't seem to attract many of those. Who were theclast you can remember your actually enjoy reading about?

Schumacher? Senna? Hunt? But they were unique in their times, we dont seem to have anyone who will deviate from the norm now. You'd have to go back to the Hill (Graham)/Stewart golden days for me when it was fun to read about as a matter of course.

But I suppose a laser focused ambition is what's needed to succeed in F1 these days.

The rest of the SPOTY candidates, three I don't know, the cricketer I've heard of but basically know nothing about and Raheem, well, he's Raheem, a bit of a decisive character. :)
Proud Gammon

subsub

Post by subsub »

Basualdo wrote:I don't like the man because he acts like a spoilt child. Though if he wins SPOTY , I'd think him a worthy winner. He's undoubtedly supremely good at what he does, no one can take that away. In his profession he's the best.
What you think that profession is up to you. It doesn't interest me but I recognise it as a worthy sport.

He's not a particularly interesting 'personality'. But the F1 doesn't seem to attract many of those. Who were theclast you can remember your actually enjoy reading about?

Schumacher? Senna? Hunt? But they were unique in their times, we dont seem to have anyone who will deviate from the norm now. You'd have to go back to the Hill (Graham)/Stewart golden days for me when it was fun to read about as a matter of course.

But I suppose a laser focused ambition is what's needed to succeed in F1 these days.

The rest of the SPOTY candidates, three I don't know, the cricketer I've heard of but basically know nothing about and Raheem, well, he's Raheem, a bit of a decisive character. :)

The whole event is a bit odd anyway, having 'personality' in the title - when in fact, it's sporting performance that (generally) gets rewarded, not personality, otherwise how would people like Nigel Mansell and Andy Murray win it?
WOKE AND PROUD

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Sports Performance of the Year would certainly be a more honest title.
Proud Gammon

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Regarding little Lewis. I haven't a problem with the fellow. Partly because he winds his neck-in and doesn't bang-on about climate-change. So he likes to dress like a ponce, big deal. He shagged that fit pop-singer bird right? Or did she shag him? Anyway, I digress. Leave little Lewis alone you big bad bullyboys. But, I would suggest that any winner of this pisstake contest should have at least paid taxes to HMRC for the past five years and not live in Monaco. That's a reasonable request isn't it? That said, most of the 'talent' at the BBC seem to have signed-up to a tax-dodging scheme. Although not Sally Nugent ... she's lovely.

Wait! BREAKING NEWS: I just got a sneaky look at Sue's current procedure:

Poor Sue. The BBC have sidelined her. Too old? Too white? Too straight? Who knows what the bods at the BBC think these days?! I think they might, MIGHT, wheel-in Tim Vickery for a brief look at South American football. Tim is a delight, but fuck me does he ramble on.

Who is on the list for Overseas Sports Personality of the Year btw? Has that list been announced? IS there a list? Or is it just an arbitary thing they just shoehorn in? My vote would be for one of pitchers of the Nationals. But baseball doesn't really resonate on this side of the atlantic does it. So I suppose it'll be some Indian cricketer called Patel.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote: Wait! BREAKING NEWS: I just got a sneaky look at Sue's current procedure:

Wait?! Is that Mandelson performing that procedure?!

I never thought I'd see that cunt grab a woman from behind.
Proud Gammon

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I'll say it again: Who is on the shortlist for Overseas Sports Personality of the Year? I bet it's a New Zealand Rugby player.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

carcinogen wrote:I'll say it again: Who is on the shortlist for Overseas Sports Personality of the Year? I bet it's a New Zealand Rugby player.

Mo Farah
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On