Sports "personality" shortlist

Anything sportlike
Zambo

Re: Sports "personality" shortlist

Post by Zambo »

carcinogen wrote:Regarding little Lewis. I haven't a problem with the fellow. Partly because he winds his neck-in and doesn't bang-on about climate-change.
So everyone who doesn't bang on about climate change isn't a cunt. I've never heard Piers Morgan or Jeremy Clarkson go on about it, so does that rule them out as well
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Regarding little Lewis. I haven't a problem with the fellow. Partly because he winds his neck-in and doesn't bang-on about climate-change.
So everyone who doesn't bang on about climate change isn't a cunt. I've never heard Piers Morgan or Jeremy Clarkson go on about it, so does that rule them out as well

?? I don't know who those people are. I'm talking about Lewis.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

That South African blonde rugger player who looks like a surfer extra from Home and Away.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

carcinogen wrote:
Zambo wrote:

We are talking about what qualifies people being a cunt. You said Hamilton wasn't one because he doesn't bang on about climate change. I was just giving a couple of examples why that doesn't necessarily rule people out of being one.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
Zambo wrote:

We are talking about what qualifies people being a cunt. You said Hamilton wasn't one because he doesn't bang on about climate change. I was just giving a couple of examples why that doesn't necessarily rule people out of being one.

Well everyone needs a hobby mate.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

carcinogen wrote:
Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Well everyone needs a hobby mate.

Well that one is certainly one of the most popular :D

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I'm only pulling your leg mate. I couldn't give a fucking shit about climate change, Lewis Hamilton, Clarkson et al. Could. Not. Give. A. Fuck. But my question still stands: Who is the overseas personality of the year? Maybe Lewis could slot into that category seeing as he lives in Monaco?

As for Sue. I think she swings. The annual 'Cliff-a-Thon' in his Iberian Villa. Keys on the table. Oh, they are all there mate. Simon Cowell, a life-size effigy of Jonathan King, Barrymore, Gloria Hunniford with the last pair of soiled knickers her dead daughter Karen wore. Oh, it's a blast.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:That South African blonde rugger player who looks like a surfer extra from Home and Away.

Faf de Klerk:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

A cross between Nicola Sturgeon, Jimmy Krankie, an aborted fetus, a pile of dog shit, and a celebrity hairdresser. Terrible times. Terrible.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

carcinogen wrote:I'll say it again: Who is on the shortlist for Overseas Sports Personality of the Year? I bet it's a New Zealand Rugby player.

Don't think it's announced yet, carc.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:I'll say it again: Who is on the shortlist for Overseas Sports Personality of the Year? I bet it's a New Zealand Rugby player.

Mo Farah

No, he's British.
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Err, Hamilton has recently been banging on about it: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... 0#p1394157
Carlos J wrote:Read it independently and came to post on here: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/lewis- ... 00763.html

A lot of the replies there seem to think it's more about the state of the world now.

And, Zambo. Did you not read Stevie Hunt's post in the 'Climate protestors' thread today about Clarkson: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... 5#p1402765
Steve Hunt wrote:Greta Thunberg has killed motor shows by making young people hate cars:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1 ... -car-show/

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Carlos J wrote:

It's been renamed as BBC World Sport Star of the Year.
Search the internet and you won't find any names listed for this.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

VeritasVincit wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

It's been renamed as BBC World Sport Star of the Year.
Search the internet and you won't find any names listed for this.

Yeah, VV. I did and noted the name change as well, from last year.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Ok, I looked on Wiki:

The BBC World Sport Star of the Year (formerly known as the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year[1][2]) is an award presented at the annual BBC Sports Personality of the Year award ceremony. The award is presented to a non-British sportsperson considered to have made the most substantial contribution to a sport in that year. The award was decided by a panel of over 30 sporting journalists. Each panelist voted for their top two choices; their first preference was awarded two points, and their second preference was awarded one point. The winning sportsperson had the most total points. In the case of a points tie, the sportsperson chosen as first preference by the most panelists is the winner. If this is also a tie the award is shared.[3] In 2015 the public voted for this award.

Who are the '30 sporting journalists'? It's all bullshit isn't it. I don't think I could name 30 'sporting journalists'. I could name two at a push. Fucking bollocks right? The BBC would give Usain Bolt the award if he wasn't too busy shagging or pretending to be a footballer.

We need to adopt the BBC liberal mindset if we're going to figure-out the winner of this. We're looking for a non-white, preferably homosexual, trans person. Caster Semenya? She ticks a lot of boxes. Plus she/he is a wonderful athlete. I'd be up for that. She's gone through a lot of shit and athletics needs a bit of a boost. Seb has put the word in.