Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
JW90

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by JW90 »

Zambo, what did you make of the Ederson incident with Iheanacho? Apparently it wasn't given because "contact was inevitable" yet it was a double fist to the throat/ jaw- surely that comes under excessive force?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Reg wrote:Steve Bruce on the late sending-off in the Palace game: “Does he have to send him off with ten seconds remaining? Could he not just give him a yellow?” :rolleyes:

Managers would make great refs. we should give them a go. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JW90 wrote:Zambo, what did you make of the Ederson incident with Iheanacho? Apparently it wasn't given because "contact was inevitable" yet it was a double fist to the throat/ jaw- surely that comes under excessive force?

When I saw it first time I thought it was a pen, and when I saw it again, I thought it was a pen.

Keeper arrived late ball had gone. In the middle of the park a late challenge would be penalised. There should be no difference in the box.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

The bloke who was sat in the VAR booth, for the Chelsea v spurs game on Saturday afternoon, is a fully qualified referee...

:shock:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I wonder if the FA would ever let a referee or VAR assistant wear sponsoring from Specsavers.

Some of the decisions we're seeing recently and lack of follow up aren't a million miles away from the days when united were awarded a penalty when almost no other team would have gotten one the same.

That said, I actually like VAR it adds that extra element of suspense waiting to see if it's still a goal, a foul or whatever.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

VAR is a good idea in principle, and it was obvious we would have teething problems, but what has happened with inconsistency and diabolical decisions has been nothing short of a disgrace. Let's not forget these people behind the screen are watching it time and time again, and then in slow motion, and still get it wrong. I think they should be left with offsides, and let anything which would result in a direct free kick or a dismissal, should be decided by the match referee. It's lucky really that they are on such good salaries, else I'm sure some would have walked this season. I can't see any enjoyment for match officials these days.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Zambo wrote:VAR is a good idea in principle, and it was obvious we would have teething problems, but what has happened with inconsistency and diabolical decisions has been nothing short of a disgrace. Let's not forget these people behind the screen are watching it time and time again, and then in slow motion, and still get it wrong. I think they should be left with offsides, and let anything which would result in a direct free kick or a dismissal, should be decided by the match referee. It's lucky really that they are on such good salaries, else I'm sure some would have walked this season. I can't see any enjoyment for match officials these days.

Not much fun for us fans either. With clueless fuckers at Heathrow wrecking games up and down the country, week after week. Teething problems my arse. Next season will be no better....
Forever In Our Shadow

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Any new process which is run by a bunch of clowns who don't bother with planning will get at least teething problems. But if you keep the clowns in a job, then those teething problems become mass decay, and the only option is to take them out.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:
Zambo wrote:VAR is a good idea in principle, and it was obvious we would have teething problems, but what has happened with inconsistency and diabolical decisions has been nothing short of a disgrace. Let's not forget these people behind the screen are watching it time and time again, and then in slow motion, and still get it wrong. I think they should be left with offsides, and let anything which would result in a direct free kick or a dismissal, should be decided by the match referee. It's lucky really that they are on such good salaries, else I'm sure some would have walked this season. I can't see any enjoyment for match officials these days.

Not much fun for us fans either. With clueless fuckers at Heathrow wrecking games up and down the country, week after week. Teething problems my arse. Next season will be no better....

Leaving aside my opinion of the perversion that is Rugby Union...

Do you object to the use of technology in that so-called sport?
Roy IN!!

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

If the use of technology in Rugby was as bad as the PL this season, then yes i'd object.
Forever In Our Shadow

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

If the use of technology in Rugby was as bad as the PL this season, then yes i'd object.

What's the difference, in your opinion?
Roy IN!!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

One is run incompetently and disgracefully by heterosexual fuckwits. The other is run professionally by fastidious and competent gay men.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Reg

Post by Reg »

I can't comment properly on your remarks because I just opened the fridge door and a jar of pickles leapt out and crashed into my right testicle.
Roy IN!!

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, at Selhurst Park, VAR decision, a straight red. For me that was correct and i have no problem with that. A few weeks later at Stamford Bridge, Giovani Lo Celso nearly breaks Azpilicueta leg and VAR didn't even deem the incident worthy of a yellow card.Next week, the week after that, and the week after that, football fans will have to put up with these joke officials making joke decisions.
Yes, Rugby at times do get things wrong, but not to the point where it's wrecking the fans enjoyment week after week.
Forever In Our Shadow

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, at Selhurst Park, VAR decision, a straight red. For me that was correct and i have no problem with that. A few weeks later at Stamford Bridge, Giovani Lo Celso nearly breaks Azpilicueta leg and VAR didn't even deem the incident worthy of a yellow card.Next week, the week after that, and the week after that, football fans will have to put up with these joke officials making joke decisions.
Yes, Rugby at times do get things wrong, but not to the point where it's wrecking the fans enjoyment week after week.

I get all the stuff about the problems with football VAR, but what do the rugby perverts actually do to make theirs better? Or is it just that they are allowed to do more or less anything, so there are fewer rules to curb their bestial tendencies?
Roy IN!!