Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
Sinbad

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by Sinbad »

Reg, if you’re near a radio, if not listen on catch up… One of your own players, Andros Townsend is on with Jim White. Andros is giving his views on VAR. Basically he thinks it’s shit and wants it gone.

:lol:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Reg

Post by Reg »

Thanks for your input.
Roy IN!!

JW90

Post by JW90 »

This handball law about disallowing goals if it touches an attacker's hand/ arm shown up to be ludicrous last night. The ball hit the Norwich defender's arm unintentionally, causing it to brush against the Leicester player's hand before he went through and scored. The handball by the attacker made so little difference that I don't think the referee would've noticed without VAR.

So the goal is disallowed, and Norwich get a free-kick when their player is the first one to unintentionally handball it :rolleyes:

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JW90 wrote:This handball law about disallowing goals if it touches an attacker's hand/ arm shown up to be ludicrous last night. The ball hit the Norwich defender's arm unintentionally, causing it to brush against the Leicester player's hand before he went through and scored. The handball by the attacker made so little difference that I don't think the referee would've noticed without VAR.

So the goal is disallowed, and Norwich get a free-kick when their player is the first one to unintentionally handball it :rolleyes:

It's all far too robotic at the minute. Mistakes happen, accidents happen, but the idea of penalising everything unintentional is ruining the game imo. They have fucked with the laws of the game so much in the last few years, they are well on their way to ruining it.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

An opinion please.
Referee Mike Dean. Where you put him on a scale of 1-10 total ineneptness - extremely capable

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

VeritasVincit wrote:An opinion please.
Referee Mike Dean. Where you put him on a scale of 1-10 total ineneptness - extremely capable

I'd say him and Oliver were the top two in the elite group of shite.

Mark out of 10 - 4

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

That's more or less what I was expecting while watching today.

Reg

Post by Reg »

A quick word of thanks to Anthony Taylor for reminding me that he is the worst referee in the league.

For some reason I always forget about him, but his performance on Saturday, and in particular his inability once again to deal with the antics of the despicable Etienne Capoue, was an absolute masterclass in how to lose control of a game.

Capoue should start every game on a yellow card in order to balance out the indulgence of most referees.
Roy IN!!

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Reg wrote:A quick word of thanks to Anthony Taylor for reminding me that he is the worst referee in the league.

For some reason I always forget about him, but his performance on Saturday, and in particular his inability once again to deal with the antics of the despicable Etienne Capoue, was an absolute masterclass in how to lose control of a game.

Capoue should start every game on a yellow card in order to balance out the indulgence of most referees.

You are being too fair, he should start
on a red at least.

Reg

Post by Reg »

chelseachelsea wrote:
Reg wrote:A quick word of thanks to Anthony Taylor for reminding me that he is the worst referee in the league.

You are being too fair, he should start
on a red at least.

You’re probably right.

It’s a weakness of mine to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Roy IN!!

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Is the first goal offside ? Number 9 in an offside position, doesn't receive the ball but gains a 2 yard advantage for when he puts the ball in 5 seconds later

There's no poem, just prose.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Things to take into consideration

It's not an offence to be in an offside position, which he was when the ball was played.

A team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play

In view of that, I think he was offside, but I can see why it wasn't given. Let's take another example where a player shoots at goal and a colleague is in an offside position. The keeper saves it and it rebounds to the player who is in an offside position. He clearly was involved in active play and the situation rolled out immediately. The the clip sees a build up where the initial pass was made to a player not in an offside position. He progressed and played the ball to a player not in an offside position, who was in one when the initial pass was made.

imo the player who scored gained an advantage as you say seconds earlier, by being in an offside position and should have been flagged.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:54 am Things to take into consideration

It's not an offence to be in an offside position, which he was when the ball was played.

A team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play

In view of that, I think he was offside, but I can see why it wasn't given. Let's take another example where a player shoots at goal and a colleague is in an offside position. The keeper saves it and it rebounds to the player who is in an offside position. He clearly was involved in active play and the situation rolled out immediately. The the clip sees a build up where the initial pass was made to a player not in an offside position. He progressed and played the ball to a player not in an offside position, who was in one when the initial pass was made.

imo the player who scored gained an advantage as you say seconds earlier, by being in an offside position and should have been flagged.
Cheers Zambo,
There's no poem, just prose.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Zambo. Have you read this re: referees and VAR
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... league-var
Comments?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Brilliant article. I agree with every word. The demise of elite group refs has been going on for years, and I don't see how it can get any worse than it is now. The biggest problem is, it has been allowed to rot from grass roots level up, so we are stuck with the crap wìth no one good enough to take over.

Mike Riley, the general manager of the the PGMOL has been head of this fiasco for years and whilst he is still there we have no chance.