Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
Zambo

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by Zambo »

VeritasVincit wrote:
It does look like a long hard road to the top.
Does it help if you have a father already high up the list? I suspect you know who I am referring to.
I had a work colleage who did local refereeing, but just that. When i asked him how someone we both knew got onto the Division 1 [as it was then] list when still young, he simply said, "He knows people".

It's why I finally broke away. Far too much who you know, too much snivelling at referees association meetings, nods and winks and buying drinks. You only have to look at today's standard of match officials to realise it's a closed circle. No accountability, and no incentive for improvement.

There are several examples of below standard refereeing this season, but none more so than in the match Cardiff v Chelsea when Warnock was seething at Craig Pawson. That was one of the worst I'd seen, yet not a peep from the PGMOL, he just carries on into his next appointment. The League Managers Association and the PFA need a joint approach on this, and I don't know what is holding them up, telling the PGMOL to sort their shit out and quick, or they will canvass the Premier League to go abroad for match officials.

Something drastic needs to happen to shake these people up.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

All kicking off at Leeds, Zam.

What do you reckon?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Petingo wrote:All kicking off at Leeds, Zam.

What do you reckon?

Not been watching it Pet, just read that Villa player walked after Leeds goal. Something about injured player and Leeds wouldn't put the ball out.

Petingo

Re: Zambo, you are the r

Post by Petingo »

Zambo wrote:

What do you reckon?

Not been watching it Pet, just read that Villa player walked after Leeds goal. Something about injured player and Leeds wouldn't put the ball out.

That wasn’t the problem for me...I despise this practice of putting the ball out.

Play to the whistle...it is the ref’s job to stop the game.

But on this occasion a Leeds player slowed down as if to put the ball out, Villa stopped and a goal ensued.

But the afters were funny.....Villa had a man sent off for chinning Bamford.

Replay showed Bamford was faking it,

Then Bielsa toldhis players to let Villa score....but the centre half tried to stop them and wound up arguing with his own teammates :lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You are right Pet, the old saying play to the whistle is the only way. Villa players shouldn't have stopped until the ball was dead. Either out of play or ref blows.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Petingo wrote:
Zambo wrote:

What do you reckon?

That wasn’t the problem for me...I despise this practice of putting the ball out.

But on this occasion a Leeds player slowed down as if to put the ball out, Villa stopped and a goal ensued.

Then Bielsa toldhis players to let Villa score....but the centre half tried to stop them and wound up arguing with his own teammates :lol:

El Ghazi never chinned Bamford. The Leeds man showed his Chelsea credentials by feigning facial contact but full respect to Bielsa by instructing his men to down tools so Adomah could walk through and get an equaliser. Mental game.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The whole issue was a question of etiquette and sportsmanship which was finally resolved by a generous act of sportsmanship and etiquette.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

kancutlawns wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Zambo wrote:

What do you reckon?

El Ghazi never chinned Bamford. The Leeds man showed his Chelsea credentials by feigning facial contact but full respect to Bielsa by instructing his men to down tools so Adomah could walk through and get an equaliser. Mental game.

Err fuck right off with that Lawnsy . He came from Notts Forest and never played a game for Chelsea, always on loan. He fucking useless anyway. Amazed Leeds bought him.
Last edited by Jonathan on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Zambo, opinions on the tackle on Willian today ?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Jonathan wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Zambo wrote:

What do you reckon?

Err fuck right off with that Lawnsy . He came from Notts Forest and never played a game for Chelsea, always on loan. He fucking useless anyway. Amazed Leeds bought him.

:oops:

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Jonathan wrote:Zambo, opinions on the tackle on Willian today ?

antdad

Post by antdad »

Griezmann sponsored by Huawei???

Mmmmmmm....Chinese betting syndicates.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Bump for Lawns

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I didn't see any of this, even on highlights. Would appreciate your view on the Grealish 'dive' disallowed goal incident.
Should the ref have blown for 'simulation' under those circumstances.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... tch-report

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Kevin Friend is an absolute twat. Grealish was fouled but he get back on his feet and no one with the exception of Hourihane appealed. There were milliseconds between Friend supposedly blowing the whistle and Villa putting the ball in the net. Surely commonsense should have relented and the goal allowed to stand. Friend had a shocking match and the cunts in the refs association unsurprisingly backed him up. What I want to know is why didn't Friend go to VAR? Hoping that things even themselves out and we get a favour back at a later match.