Football this season

Anything sportlike
Royal24s

Football this season

Post by Royal24s »

What will happen - they're obviously not going to resume after the short suspension .

Either

Play all games behind closed doors , maybe with pay for view tv coverage. That'd be moral boosting and entertaining for quarantined people plus recover a bit of revenue for football and tv stations,

OR

Cancel the whole season with no promotions ,relegation or trophies.

Which would you prefer and which is more likely ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zippy

Re: Football this season

Post by Zippy »

I feel they have to complete it one way or another. I may be slightly biased being a Leeds fan, but any cancellation could be a minefield for the Premier League.

We shall see.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

They need to play the games, behind closed doors if necessary. Don't think you can shut it off now. The rules state that a season is played over 38/46 games, and I don't think you can change that now.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Post by ToRmAtO »

Zippy wrote:I feel they have to complete it one way or another. I may be slightly biased being a Leeds fan, but any cancellation could be a minefield for the Premier League.

We shall see.

I agree they need to complete it, as no team has mathematically won a league or has been relegated so I cannot see anything team being awarded anything; it would be a legal minefield for the PL & FL.

I think most sports will be off for considerably longer than expected.
Godwin's law

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

ToRmAtO wrote:
Zippy wrote:I feel they have to complete it one way or another. I may be slightly biased being a Leeds fan, but any cancellation could be a minefield for the Premier League.

We shall see.

I agree they need to complete it, as no team has mathematically won a league or has been relegated so I cannot see anything team being awarded anything; it would be a legal minefield for the PL & FL.

Yep, I just hope it comes back relatively soon when all is well. The idea that I may have seen Bielsa's Leeds for the final time doesn't bear thinking about.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The season cannot get cancelled. SKY and BT have paid for it. And the PL and the Clubs have spent all the money so can't repay the lost revenue. It'll get done, somehow. Don't you worry about that.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:They need to play the games, behind closed doors if necessary. Don't think you can shut it off now. The rules state that a season is played over 38/46 games, and I don't think you can change that now.

Not sure how they can when training grounds like Bodymoor Heath are closed. There is a logistical nightmare in fitting in two possibly three games a week over a five or six week window. What will happen if more players get infected.

I think within a week or so with the way things are going, the importance of getting the season finished will fade away.

I think it will be declared as void. If we’re relegated, I would fucking give Smith, Terry, the remainder of the coaching staff and the Director of Football their P45s. Fucking chancers.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

ToRmAtO wrote:

We shall see.

It’s a lose-lose situation for the Premier League and Football League too.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Fuck the season. Cancel it now.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Rock /paper/scissors obviously with appropriate social distancing !!
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

henrycrs wrote:Fuck the season. Cancel it now.

:dart: Good shout. Greater things to worry about.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Playing games behind closed doors really would show the PL couldn’t give a fuck about the fans. What about scheduling kick off times? What about the US and Far East markets? A hell of a thought needs to be put into this and does anyone have any confidence that the mercenary cunts in charge of this money making machine wouldn’t get anything arse about face?

Prepare for loads of legal cases against the Prem, FA and Sky/BT.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I think they'll play it June/July. Next season starts September with more midweek fixtures.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

How will they? You realise that training grounds are closing down don’t you? Three months without match practice, people dying , the logistical minefield with each side playing ten matches in a very tight window. And we haven’t reached the peak of the virus either. This is forecast to happen in err June. Blimey, a lot of people think this is like playing FIFA 2020.

Sorry old friend but cunts like JWOTS think it’s possible to which I think he’s having a fucking laugh.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Personally I'd say behind closed doors with tv feeds, but I think they'll just declare the season null and void.
That'll be very unfair on teams like Leeds and others who'll lose out, but a lucky break for those who'd have gone down.

I don't think anyone will be successfully sueing anyone either, but now you mention it maybe I should start a class action to get my sky subscription back because they haven't delivered what they promised - any takers ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".