Nastiest/roughest/dirtiest match ever.

Anything sportlike
AlcoholBrazil

Re: Nastiest/roughest/dirtiest match ever.

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

A lot of the Intercontinental Club Cup games were brutal in the late 60s ,early 70s that many Europeans refused to play.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

The remarkable thing is that for all the hacking down you didn't get any of the really bad injuries you occasionally get now; legs snapped in two, and so on.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

Racing versus Celtic in the 1967 Intercontinental Cup. Ironically Argentine clubs and players initially believed the English to play the game fairly and honourably and were shocked when the first touring teams in the twenties like Chelsea fouled at will especially the keepers. So they decided to play dirty too.

Well worth reading Animals: The Story of England v Argentina by Neil Clack.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Interesting how Argentina seem to be the common denominator when it comes down to violent hatchet men from as far back as 1966 all the way until the late 1990s when they actually then had players like Sorin and Batistuta who could play a bit. I remember I think it was Leopoldo Luque chiming Trevor Cherry in a ‘friendly’ in 1977. Why did Uruguay and Columbia for example not having the sort of reputation the filthy Argies had?

subsub

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote:Interesting how Argentina seem to be the common denominator when it comes down to violent hatchet men

I think Italy had a few capable of issuing an early 'reducer', too… :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

subsub wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Interesting how Argentina seem to be the common denominator when it comes down to violent hatchet men

I think Italy had a few capable of issuing an early 'reducer', too… :mrgreen:

Claudio Gentile. He was a right nasty cunt.