CM 01/02 Foot-Ball Prediction Game: Still taking new players.

Anything sportlike
Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

CM 01/02 Foot-Ball Prediction Game: Still taking new players.

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

So it's come to this? :smt045 Hello all. Virtual football, simulated by the legendary and wondrous PC game Championship Manager 01/02. I have updated the game using a March 2020 data update, so we have the original game mechanics with current data patched onto it:

We're having a prediction game. You will predict the scores of Premier League games, which will be generated by CM01/02 in the August and September of a virtual season. Six rounds total. I'll arrange each round for a weekend, as follows:

Week 1. Saturday 18th April
Week 2. Saturday 25th April
Week 3. Saturday 2nd May
Week 4. Saturday 9th May
Week 5. Saturday 16th May
Week 6. Saturday 23th May

Deadlines will be Saturday, 3pm. I will be (just) observing the game rather than playing it, rolling it forward each weekend and posting the scores as the game generates them.

The points system will be in the Fools Panel tradition. 1 point if you get the outcome correct; 3 points if you get the exact score. I'll keep a league table of your totals.

I'll be posting other bits and bobs from the game as we go along to give some idea of what's happening in the world of the game. Feel free to request info: transfers, injuries, stats etc.

As per the screenshots above, the game screen needs a background image. If you fancy designing a background then go for it. It needs to be fairly dark of colour, 800x600 to the pixel. You can also make a menubar for the left side of the screen: 90x600. The boxes for the buttons are built in so don't worry about those.

Sign up by posting a fantasy team name for yourself which incorporates your username somehow for use in the league table, or I'll just use your username. Take the rest of this week to do that while bracing yourself for six weeks of almost unbelievable Premier League fun. I'll post the fixtures for Week 1 in due course. :)
You ARE Rodney Bewes

carcinogen

Re: CM 01/02 Foot-Ball Prediction Game

Post by carcinogen »

I daren't go down the CM 01/02 hole again .... I played a 55 season game a few years ago. LOL. Thanks tho Rainbow! Good to see you back.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

carcinogen wrote:I daren't go down the CM 01/02 hole again .... I played a 55 season game a few years ago. LOL. Thanks tho Rainbow! Good to see you back.

Handle with care... thanks carc. I got to 2070 once, oh dear me. I've never used a data update before so this should be interesting.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

The End

Post by The End »

IN for the Foot-Ball.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Count me in.

Loved Champ Manager games in my younger days.

Partly responsible for not doing as well in my exams at school and leading me to work in ASDA :O(
A joyless arsehole.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

in
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

A joyless arsehole.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Cheers, RM, count me in :)
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I'll have a go. Cheers for running it R.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Yes please RM.

Turningleft

Post by Turningleft »

Loved the game and 100% trust it :lol:
Go on then I'll have a go but only if Andy Cole doesn't break his leg like in my '93 disaster season.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Oh yes, never played a football computer game in my life though !
There's no poem, just prose.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Never played it but if you let me (try to) absorb the rules and have a wee bit of patience, then I'm in too.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Basualdo wrote:Never played it but if you let me (try to) absorb the rules and have a wee bit of patience, then I'm in too.

Er, I think the point is you don't play it. Rainbow will just run the sim and post the results. All you do is predict them like it was a real league in real-life. Of course, you COULD install the game and run the sim yourself to give you an edge, but only a sad competitive fucker would do that. :P

Anyway, can my team be called: Carcinogen City

Here's the home-strip:

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:
Basualdo wrote:Never played it but if you let me (try to) absorb the rules and have a wee bit of patience, then I'm in too.

Er, I think the point is you don't play it. Rainbow will just run the sim and post the results. All you do is predict them like it was a real league in real-life. Of course, you COULD install the game and run the sim yourself to give you an edge, but only a sad competitive fucker would do that...

Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.