Premier League Success Thread - 2019/20 - Part 2

Anything sportlike
shabbado

Re: Premier League Success Thread 2019/20

Post by shabbado »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:35 am Nothing better than seeing your local club win the league.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The seethe is strong
A joyless arsehole.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

black_guardian wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:42 am
Sadact7 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:40 am The “central point” of that bemusing tirade being a couple of lines about the team he inherited? Yeah, I’m sure it was :mrgreen:

I think, if you actually read it, you’ll see I did mention it. I saw them with my own eyes, it’s an experience you underrate I assure you. So he sold a few fading stars brought back Pique (as was always their intention), Alves and a handful of, at best, squad players. Excuse me if I don’t fall to my knees with wonderment.

Again though, the rest of your post was cringeworthy to read. Bizarre lashing out because nobody is particularly perturbed by Liverpool winning the league. Shabbado - Getting angry at stuff so you don’t have to.
Shabba sounded a bit drunk during that rambling post and hey, who can blame him?

Rijkaard did a lot of the groundwork at Barcelona before Pep PAYola arrived. Xavi and Iniesta were both on the bench for the 2006 CL.final.

Citeh were really still Mancini's handiwork and a similar story at Bayern. You can say Pep takes teams to another level but you can't say he's a team builder from scratch.

Klopp is a team builder and IMO has done it the right way (classy style of play, no sports washing or blood money involved). His over excited persona does grate but I don't think he's a chancer like Benitez was.
Certainly wasn't drunk. Rambling and incoherent possibly but that's no different from 99% of my posts.

Saddo is blinded by his bitterness with his assertion that Pep took over a Barca team that were 'ready to go'
A joyless arsehole.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:40 am The “central point” of that bemusing tirade being a couple of lines about the team he inherited? Yeah, I’m sure it was :mrgreen:

I think, if you actually read it, you’ll see I did mention it. I saw them with my own eyes, it’s an experience you underrate I assure you. So he sold a few fading stars brought back Pique (as was always their intention), Alves and a handful of, at best, squad players. Excuse me if I don’t fall to my knees with wonderment.

Again though, the rest of your post was cringeworthy to read. Bizarre lashing out because nobody is particularly perturbed by Liverpool winning the league. Shabbado - Getting angry at stuff so you don’t have to.
Certainly wasn't lashing out nor was i angry.

Merely calling out your fictitious rewriting of Barca's history for the bobbins it is.

As i said i'm sure the fact that Pep's Barca twice smashed your team in European Cup finals and now manages the best team in Manchester plays no part in your bitterness towards him.

Baldiola 'cringe'
A joyless arsehole.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Klippity destroyed Pep.

Fwank destroyed Pep.

Pep destroyed Pep.

Maybe Pep eees gonna leeeeeeve forever
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Klopp destroyed Pep and Jose.

Best manager of his generation.
A joyless arsehole.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

hes no Steve Bruce.
Build Back More Betterer

No longer the Bridesmaid

subsub

Post by subsub »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:05 pm Klippity destroyed Pep.

Fwank destroyed Pep.

Pep destroyed Pep.

Maybe Pep eees gonna leeeeeeve forever
WOKE AND PROUD

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

A joyless arsehole.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

shabbado wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Merely calling out your fictitious rewriting of Barca's history for the bobbins it is.

As i said i'm sure the fact that Pep's Barca twice smashed your team in European Cup finals and now manages the best team in Manchester plays no part in your bitterness towards him.

Baldiola 'cringe'
I’ve set it all out in black and white, you’ve just chosen to ignore it. I’ve said nothing I couldn’t back up. No bitterness, I take my hat off to their performances in the CL finals. They thoroughly deserved the trophies. I just think he’s a weird little dickhead and overrated as some sort of visionary. I’ve told you exactly why that 09 Barcelona side was ready to go, you’ve done nothing to explain why that’s wrong. Because you never can, all you can do is LOLhashtagTwitterBantz.

And you definitely were lashing out, it was an extraordinary little rant. Embarrassing stuff from a middle aged man really, far more ‘cringe’ than a childish nickname. Was it the bald comment that triggered you?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:20 pm
shabbado wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Baldiola 'cringe'
I’ve set it all out in black and white, you’ve just chosen to ignore it. I’ve said nothing I couldn’t back up. No bitterness, I take my hat off to their performances in the CL finals. They thoroughly deserved the trophies. I just think he’s a weird little dickhead and overrated as some sort of visionary. I’ve told you exactly why that 09 Barcelona side was ready to go, you’ve done nothing to explain why that’s wrong. Because you never can, all you can do is LOLhashtagTwitterBantz.

And you definitely were lashing out, it was an extraordinary little rant. Embarrassing stuff from a middle aged man really, far more ‘cringe’ than a childish nickname. Was it the bald comment that triggered you?
Oh you got me. Baldiola triggered me.

You haven't explained how the Barca team he took over was 'ready to go'. You've trotted out a few glib cliches you've no doubt picked up on twitter.

You stated they sold a few 'fading stars' players. They sold a 28 year old Ronaldinho whom at the time was one of the best players in the world.

You mentioned signing Pique. How easy is it to integrate a 20 year old Centre Back who failed to make the grade at Man United into a Barcelona team?

How did they Barca fair with the promotion and integration of several players from their B team that season?

You've not explained the role that Messi, Inesta, Xavi played in that team. Were they all integral to Barca at that point? How did Messi combine with Eto'o and Henry?

How did Busquets fit into the team at that point?

Why was he happy to let Yaya Toure go the following season? A player whom i'm sure we're all in agreement was in his pomp at that point.

Given that the team was 'ready to go' i'm going to assume there was no change in tactics or playing style under Pep.

Also there's nothing cringe worthy or embarrassing regarding my observations about United's glorious 13 game unbeaten run. As per it's a measure of just how far you've fallen that you see it as some sort of step in the right direction.
A joyless arsehole.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

shabbado wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:40 pm

You haven't explained how the Barca team he took over was 'ready to go'. You've trotted out a few glib cliches you've no doubt picked up on twitter. I’m not on Twitter, unlike you I get my opinions from actually understanding the game.

You stated they sold a few 'fading stars' players. They sold a 28 year old Ronaldinho whom at the time was one of the best players in the world. Ronaldinho by that point had become a liability. His lifestyle and lack of professionalism had become a huge issue and Messi was ready to step into his role as talisman. How did Ronaldinho get on at Milan? I can tell you because, again, I actually watched him myself at Old Trafford in 2010. He was a shadow of his former self. They also sold Deco to Chelsea, another player who’s best days were behind him.

You mentioned signing Pique. How easy is it to integrate a 20 year old Centre Back who failed to make the grade at Man United into a Barcelona team? He didn’t fail to male the grade, he spent 07/08 playing understudy to Vidic and Ferdinand. He then went back to Barcelona as had been their plan all along, again this has been widely documented. He slotted back into a team which played the way he’d been used to since his academy days, he had Puyol next to him as a partner and they spent the vast majority of time in possession of the ball, if anything it was far easier than a young centre half could ask for.

How did they Barca fair with the promotion and integration of several players from their B team that season? They promoted one player that season, Busquets. He started less than half their league games. He also only started the final because Toure played centre half due to injuries and suspensions.

You've not explained the role that Messi, Inesta, Xavi played in that team. Were they all integral to Barca at that point? How did Messi combine with Eto'o and Henry? Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were all regular starters for at least two years before Guardiola took over, in the exact same roles they played under him. There’s certainly no need for me to explain the roles of any of those players, anybody who has eyes in their head would know it. You’re just being obtuse to try and look clever.

How did Busquets fit into the team at that point? See above.

Why was he happy to let Yaya Toure go the following season? A player whom i'm sure we're all in agreement was in his pomp at that point. Bollocks. He was in his pomp at Manchester City playing a free midfield role. At Barcelona he was expected to maintain more discipline and focus more on his defensive duties which quashed his creativity. Hence him being employed at centre half in the 09 final.

Given that the team was 'ready to go' i'm going to assume there was no change in tactics or playing style under Pep. Not largely. It was a progression of Rijkaard’s work, which went back to Van Gaal’s work and went back to Cruyff’s style. This has been regularly spoken about by both Guardiola himself and other Barcelona people.

Also there's nothing cringe worthy or embarrassing regarding my observations about United's glorious 13 game unbeaten run. As per it's a measure of just how far you've fallen that you see it as some sort of step in the right direction. It was a bizarre strawman, talking about a “glorious” run which no cunt had mentioned much less bragged about. You were fucked off that nobody was chucking their toys out of the pram so you came on here pissed up looking to manufacture a row so you could do your brilliant laughing emojis and Bantz. You’ve made yourself look a right fucking bellend truth be told, a man of your age. I was magnanimous, other teams’ fans wer magnanimous, all the other Liverpool fans were magnanimous, you (unsurprisingly) acted like an obnoxious Internet memehashtagbantz little pecker.
Anyway, above surgical dissection completed, I’m going to apologise to the proper Liverpool fans (and other lads) on here for the way the thread has turned. I should have just ignored him in the first place, given how utterly clueless he is.

For now I’m going to stick the slapheaded little dweeb on ignore so this doesn’t drag on. Peace ✌️
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 pm
shabbado wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:40 pm

You haven't explained how the Barca team he took over was 'ready to go'. You've trotted out a few glib cliches you've no doubt picked up on twitter. I’m not on Twitter, unlike you I get my opinions from actually understanding the game.

You stated they sold a few 'fading stars' players. They sold a 28 year old Ronaldinho whom at the time was one of the best players in the world. Ronaldinho by that point had become a liability. His lifestyle and lack of professionalism had become a huge issue and Messi was ready to step into his role as talisman. How did Ronaldinho get on at Milan? I can tell you because, again, I actually watched him myself at Old Trafford in 2010. He was a shadow of his former self. They also sold Deco to Chelsea, another player who’s best days were behind him.

You mentioned signing Pique. How easy is it to integrate a 20 year old Centre Back who failed to make the grade at Man United into a Barcelona team? He didn’t fail to male the grade, he spent 07/08 playing understudy to Vidic and Ferdinand. He then went back to Barcelona as had been their plan all along, again this has been widely documented. He slotted back into a team which played the way he’d been used to since his academy days, he had Puyol next to him as a partner and they spent the vast majority of time in possession of the ball, if anything it was far easier than a young centre half could ask for.

How did they Barca fair with the promotion and integration of several players from their B team that season? They promoted one player that season, Busquets. He started less than half their league games. He also only started the final because Toure played centre half due to injuries and suspensions.

You've not explained the role that Messi, Inesta, Xavi played in that team. Were they all integral to Barca at that point? How did Messi combine with Eto'o and Henry? Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were all regular starters for at least two years before Guardiola took over, in the exact same roles they played under him. There’s certainly no need for me to explain the roles of any of those players, anybody who has eyes in their head would know it. You’re just being obtuse to try and look clever.

How did Busquets fit into the team at that point? See above.

Why was he happy to let Yaya Toure go the following season? A player whom i'm sure we're all in agreement was in his pomp at that point. Bollocks. He was in his pomp at Manchester City playing a free midfield role. At Barcelona he was expected to maintain more discipline and focus more on his defensive duties which quashed his creativity. Hence him being employed at centre half in the 09 final.

Given that the team was 'ready to go' i'm going to assume there was no change in tactics or playing style under Pep. Not largely. It was a progression of Rijkaard’s work, which went back to Van Gaal’s work and went back to Cruyff’s style. This has been regularly spoken about by both Guardiola himself and other Barcelona people.

Also there's nothing cringe worthy or embarrassing regarding my observations about United's glorious 13 game unbeaten run. As per it's a measure of just how far you've fallen that you see it as some sort of step in the right direction. It was a bizarre strawman, talking about a “glorious” run which no cunt had mentioned much less bragged about. You were fucked off that nobody was chucking their toys out of the pram so you came on here pissed up looking to manufacture a row so you could do your brilliant laughing emojis and Bantz. You’ve made yourself look a right fucking bellend truth be told, a man of your age. I was magnanimous, other teams’ fans wer magnanimous, all the other Liverpool fans were magnanimous, you (unsurprisingly) acted like an obnoxious Internet memehashtagbantz little pecker.
Anyway, above surgical dissection completed, I’m going to apologise to the proper Liverpool fans (and other lads) on here for the way the thread has turned. I should have just ignored him in the first place, given how utterly clueless he is.

For now I’m going to stick the slapheaded little dweeb on ignore so this doesn’t drag on. Peace ✌️
And there we have it.

Any attempt at a proper discussion shut down by an ad hominem attack and putting me on ignore.

As for proper football fans. Do you Man United fans who live in Yorkshire and who have previously suggested not enough Liverpool fans died at Hillsborough?
A joyless arsehole.

Zambo

Premier League Success Thread - 2019/20 - Part 2

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Premier League Success Thread - 2019/20 - Part 2

What a time to splice a fred