Premier League Success Thread - 2019/20 - Part 2

Anything sportlike
antdad

Re: Premier League Success Thread - 2019/20 - Part 2

Post by antdad »

I remember Sprake, Taibi was a gem though..

@ b_g.

Average was good enough to win the semi-final so we'll take that anyway it comes, if that means De Gea throwing it into his own net we'll thank him and Ole too for not having the balls to drop him. We had a mostly kind start to the season in terms of fixtures but we've been inconsistently crap for the rest of it. Partly a player staffing issue and partly Lampard getting it wrong with some of his line-ups and tactics, he's still learning and as I said earlier in this thread a sub 70pt total shouldn't get you CL qualification. My guess is without checking that this seasons 3rd and 4rth place were the lowest totals to qualify for CL probably since it's inception.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Now isn't the time for Man U to start talking shit about anything. You got just as arsefucked as we did.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

antdad

Post by antdad »

Succinctly put as always Ghost. :lol: A Bayern gaping here we come...

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Singing The Blues wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 pm Many congrats to Man Utd on breaking the record for penalties awarded in a season. 14 in the Prem and 20 in total. A fine achievement.
Just goes to prove how bent the refs were during all those years when they weren't awarded the penalties they should have been. Technology takes away the jeopardy
There's no poem, just prose.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

subsub wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:13 pm
Petingo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:43 pm
Eaststand wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:56 pm Really? I haven't watched a second of it after watching the first weekend.

I hate watching it without fans, it's unwatchable to me.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Same here.
Not surprised, Pet, given the GOT's performance this season.
Poor show :(

No, more to do with the sheer irrelevance this season became in the time of COVID.

(I was actually enjoying the new regime at GOT before the break)

I have endured worse seasons than this during my football supporting career...I am sure I will do so again,

But never have I lost interest in the game the way I did once the plague hit.

Playing games behind closed doors is a complete turn off.

You might as well watch 22 men kick a ball around on ‘ackney Marshes innit,

Or ol’ Pet in his I Zingari heyday :)
Last edited by Petingo on Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Singing The Blues wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 pm Many congrats to Man Utd on breaking the record for penalties awarded in a season. 14 in the Prem and 20 in total. A fine achievement.

We must have broken a record as well, Singer.

One pigging penalty all season....and even that was never a penno IMO.

:rolleyes:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

All to with being in the penalty box more than other and really fast midfielders and forwards.
Simples :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

antdad wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:20 pm I remember Sprake, Taibi was a gem though..

@ b_g.

Average was good enough to win the semi-final so we'll take that anyway it comes, if that means De Gea throwing it into his own net we'll thank him and Ole too for not having the balls to drop him. We had a mostly kind start to the season in terms of fixtures but we've been inconsistently crap for the rest of it. Partly a player staffing issue and partly Lampard getting it wrong with some of his line-ups and tactics, he's still learning and as I said earlier in this thread a sub 70pt total shouldn't get you CL qualification. My guess is without checking that this seasons 3rd and 4rth place were the lowest totals to qualify for CL probably since it's inception.
For comedy keepers, Chelsea take some beating. Dave Beasant. Jar of salad cream. I rest my case.

In recent seasons, as City and Liverpool ran away with the league title, it was inevitable that the points threshold for CL would come down. No big mystery.

As for those whining about VAR and Manchester United; try attacking instead of putting 10 men behind the ball and you'll get more penalty chances. They sound like a bunch of flat earthers.."first it woz the refs that were bent, now it's that bleedin' Stockley Park!"

I'm still waiting for the "George Soros has bought the refs for VARchester United" argument.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

subsub

Post by subsub »

Petingo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:58 pm

:lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

black_guardian wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:04 pm For comedy keepers, Chelsea take some beating. Dave Beasant. Jar of salad cream. I rest my case
In fairness, if I dropped a big jar of salad cream on my toes, it would fucking hurt.
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

black_guardian wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:04 pm In recent seasons, as City and Liverpool ran away with the league title, it was inevitable that the points threshold for CL would come down. No big mystery.
You think? I guess it's best to forget last season's league placing then but with Liverpool and City running away with it you managed sixth place and a Europa League qualification with the same points tally as this season (66). Mystery solved then, you were as shit this season as you were last season.

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

Petingo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:58 pm

There were plenty of others though that should have been given. I can think of a couple of teams that would have got them!

In general, Pet, the less said about our 2019-20 season the better.

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

delboy1983 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:31 pm
All to with being in the penalty box more than other and really fast midfielders and forwards.
Simples :)
Ah, thanks for clarifying. Good to know it's nothing to do with biased officials at least.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Biased officials are soon identified, but as long as there is no accountability for shite officials, both in the middle and in an office, then the inconsistency will continue.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

subsub wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:29 pm
black_guardian wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:04 pm For comedy keepers, Chelsea take some beating. Dave Beasant. Jar of salad cream. I rest my case
In fairness, if I dropped a big jar of salad cream on my toes, it would fucking hurt.
No subster. I'd put you down as a more sophisticated bloke who dropped an aftershave bottle on his foot which severed his tendon a la Santiago Canizares (WC 2002).

Blue "sub sub" Stratos or Old "subster" Spice. That's you, that is.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>