Premier League Success Thread - 2019/20 - Part 2

Anything sportlike
Petingo

Re: Premier League Success Thread - 2019/20 - Part 2

Post by Petingo »

Singing The Blues wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:30 pm
Petingo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:58 pm
Singing The Blues wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 pm Many congrats to Man Utd on breaking the record for penalties awarded in a season. 14 in the Prem and 20 in total. A fine achievement.

We must have broken a record as well, Singer.

One pigging penalty all season....and even that was never a penno IMO.

:rolleyes:
There were plenty of others though that should have been given. I can think of a couple of teams that would have got them!

In general, Pet, the less said about our 2019-20 season the better.

Indeed.

There were three or four blatant ones were knocked back even after goint to VCR.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Petingo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:02 pm
Singing The Blues wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 pm Many congrats to Man Utd on breaking the record for penalties awarded in a season. 14 in the Prem and 20 in total. A fine achievement.

There were plenty of others though that should have been given. I can think of a couple of teams that would have got them!

Indeed.

There were three or four blatant ones were knocked back even after goint to VCR.
Thoughts on Mr Pickford Ol Pet? For me he’s a loudmouth clown who isn’t half as good as he thinks he is. Joe Hart mk II
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

This has clearly upset you.

I invite you to review all 14 penalties and explain why they were unfairly awarded. In fact, make it 13 as I’ll give you the one at Villa Park.

As a pointer, I’ll help you out and let you know that one of the awards at Norwich was on the dodgy side. Best of luck and I look forward to your findings.

In a bit Foam Moe

subsub

Post by subsub »

black_guardian wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:57 pm
subsub wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:29 pm
black_guardian wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:04 pm For comedy keepers, Chelsea take some beating. Dave Beasant. Jar of salad cream. I rest my case
In fairness, if I dropped a big jar of salad cream on my toes, it would fucking hurt.
No subster. I'd put you down as a more sophisticated bloke who dropped an aftershave bottle on his foot which severed his tendon a la Santiago Canizares (WC 2002).

Blue "sub sub" Stratos or Old "subster" Spice. That's you, that is.
More of a Yardley Gold man, myself… :)
WOKE AND PROUD

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:41 pm

I invite you to review all 14 penalties and explain why they were unfairly awarded. In fact, make it 13 as I’ll give you the one at Villa Park.

As a pointer, I’ll help you out and let you know that one of the awards at Norwich was on the dodgy side. Best of luck and I look forward to your findings.
Not me that's upset. And not sure where I say that any of them were dodgy.

Betting on penalty awards in Man Utd games this season has been very profitable for me in fact.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

A Quiz for all you Premier League experts.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... the-season
I got 7/15. So it looks like he who said that I knew nothing about football had a point !

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Singing The Blues wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:07 pm
Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:41 pm

Not me that's upset. And not sure where I say that any of them were dodgy.

Betting on penalty awards in Man Utd games this season has been very profitable for me in fact.
So it was a genuine congratulations then. Fair enough.

Happy you’ve won bare dolla bro.

In a bit Foam Moe

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Bournemouth considering massively embarrassing themselves.

As if anybody actually gives a shit they’ve been relegated :D

In a bit Foam Moe

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Not a chance they'll be successful.

antdad

Post by antdad »

VeritasVincit wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:13 pm A Quiz for all you Premier League experts.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... the-season
I got 7/15. So it looks like he who said that I knew nothing about football had a point !
9/15...I'll take that. 60% is a good old fashioned B.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:02 pm Bournemouth considering massively embarrassing themselves.

As if anybody actually gives a shit they’ve been relegated :D

Nah, this is a huge stretch from The Telegraph comparing this to the Tevez affair where third party ownership rules where clearly broken and admitted to. Match rulings have to be legally water tight despite Hawkeye's admission and apology otherwise every ref admitting to making a mistake that led to a goal could be fecked.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:38 pm
Petingo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Indeed.

Thoughts on Mr Pickford Ol Pet? For me he’s a loudmouth clown who isn’t half as good as he thinks he is. Joe Hart mk II

Absolute horror show of a goalkeeper, Sadster.

And as you say, if he was half as good as he thinks he is he would be some ‘keeper.

It says a lot about the state of English goalkeepers that this clown has been England’s No. 1 for the past few years.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Glad to see the back of Bournemouth tbh.

I'm not one of those football snobs who thinks only big teams should be at the top, but they really added nothing to the Premier League.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zippy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:36 pm Glad to see the back of Bournemouth tbh.

I'm not one of those football snobs who thinks only big teams should be at the top, but they really added nothing to the Premier League.
They got five hundred million from being in the Premier League yet couldn’t be bothered to do up the student digs in their ground. Wycombe Wanderers who have just been promoted to the Championship for the first time ever have about the same ground capacity as them. I think they’re going to be in a hell of a lot of financial trouble when the FFP rules are reapplied and they could do a Huddersfield, sliding down the leagues. That said, they need to hold onto Eddie Howe.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:53 pm
Zippy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:36 pm Glad to see the back of Bournemouth tbh.

They got five hundred million from being in the Premier League yet couldn’t be bothered to do up the student digs in their ground. Wycombe Wanderers who have just been promoted to the Championship for the first time ever have about the same ground capacity as them. I think they’re going to be in a hell of a lot of financial trouble when the FFP rules are reapplied and they could do a Huddersfield, sliding down the leagues. That said, they need to hold onto Eddie Howe.
Their stadium is a league one shed. It holds 11,000 people only, yet they've been able to go out and spend millions on players and pay some of them in excess of £100k a week. Not sustainable in the slightest.

I genuinely don't think I've ever met a Bournemouth fan.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca