Premier League Success Thread - 2019/20 - Part 2

Anything sportlike
delboy1983

Re: Premier League Success Thread - 2019/20 - Part 2

Post by delboy1983 »

Don't think Bournemouth thought to protest until the Telegraph told them it would be a good thing
as long as they printed the story.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Petingo wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:58 am Absolute horror show of a goalkeeper, Sadster.

And as you say, if he was half as good as he thinks he is he would be some ‘keeper.

It says a lot about the state of English goalkeepers that this clown has been England’s No. 1 for the past few years.
Spot on
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Zippy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:00 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:53 pm
Zippy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:36 pm Glad to see the back of Bournemouth tbh.

I'm not one of those football snobs who thinks only big teams should be at the top, but they really added nothing to the Premier League.
They got five hundred million from being in the Premier League yet couldn’t be bothered to do up the student digs in their ground. Wycombe Wanderers who have just been promoted to the Championship for the first time ever have about the same ground capacity as them. I think they’re going to be in a hell of a lot of financial trouble when the FFP rules are reapplied and they could do a Huddersfield, sliding down the leagues. That said, they need to hold onto Eddie Howe.
Their stadium is a league one shed. It holds 11,000 people only, yet they've been able to go out and spend millions on players and pay some of them in excess of £100k a week. Not sustainable in the slightest.

I genuinely don't think I've ever met a Bournemouth fan.
100% correct. They’ve made no attempt to actually become a proper top flight club, happily raking in millions while carrying on like a minnow. Obviously I don’t advocate clubs spending beyond their means, but to reach the so-called “promised land” of the Premier League and make no real effort to grow seems utterly pointless.

If they sank straight back to League 2 nobody would so much as bat an eyelid and their name wouldn’t look out of place down there. Absolutely fuck off.

In a bit Foam Moe

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:12 pm
Zippy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:00 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:53 pm
Zippy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:36 pm Glad to see the back of Bournemouth tbh.

I'm not one of those football snobs who thinks only big teams should be at the top, but they really added nothing to the Premier League.
They got five hundred million from being in the Premier League yet couldn’t be bothered to do up the student digs in their ground. Wycombe Wanderers who have just been promoted to the Championship for the first time ever have about the same ground capacity as them. I think they’re going to be in a hell of a lot of financial trouble when the FFP rules are reapplied and they could do a Huddersfield, sliding down the leagues. That said, they need to hold onto Eddie Howe.
Their stadium is a league one shed. It holds 11,000 people only, yet they've been able to go out and spend millions on players and pay some of them in excess of £100k a week. Not sustainable in the slightest.

I genuinely don't think I've ever met a Bournemouth fan.
100% correct. They’ve made no attempt to actually become a proper top flight club, happily raking in millions while carrying on like a minnow. Obviously I don’t advocate clubs spending beyond their means, but to reach the so-called “promised land” of the Premier League and make no real effort to grow seems utterly pointless.

If they sank straight back to League 2 nobody would so much as bat an eyelid and their name wouldn’t look out of place down there. Absolutely fuck off.
You've nailed it. They haven't grown in stature in any way since going up five years ago.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Eddie Howe also looks like an irritating public school toff who loves Oxford in the Boat Race whilst having soppy twats like Henry Winter and Mike Calvin purr over how wonderful and innovative he is.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Personally have no interest in football in it's sorry state at this point.

But to Zippy... I did smile when heard Leeds back in the top tier.

Enjoy dude :smt023
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

JW90 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:55 pm Eddie Howe also looks like an irritating public school toff who loves Oxford in the Boat Race whilst having soppy twats like Henry Winter and Mike Calvin purr over how wonderful and innovative he is.
He also looks like he steals women’s underwear off washing lines

In a bit Foam Moe

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:46 am
JW90 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:55 pm Eddie Howe also looks like an irritating public school toff who loves Oxford in the Boat Race whilst having soppy twats like Henry Winter and Mike Calvin purr over how wonderful and innovative he is.
and then kidnaps them
Build Back More Betterer

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Eaststand wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:48 am
and then kidnaps them
Let’s have a “Spot the Severed Head” competition

In a bit Foam Moe

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:57 am
Eaststand wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:48 am
and then kidnaps them
Let’s have a “Spot the Severed Head” competition

How dare you diss the ageless Thunderbird puppet who took the plucky Cherries to the Prem on a shoestring budget of £200 billion.
Roy IN!!

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

HES THE NEXT BIG THING

DESPITE ALMOST EVERY SIGNING BEING A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY

AND ALL THE MURDERS
Build Back More Betterer

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Rossco wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:43 pm Personally have no interest in football in it's sorry state at this point.

Cheers! It was long overdue and we didn't need loads of money - just an owner with some vision and a top class manager who is a cut above anything we've had in decades. Hoping Leeds can start to show their potential as a club at last.

Already dreading the day Bielsa leaves though. How do you replace someone like that? A total one off.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zippy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 am
Rossco wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:43 pm Personally have no interest in football in it's sorry state at this point.

Cheers! It was long overdue and we didn't need loads of money - just an owner with some vision and a top class manager who is a cut above anything we've had in decades. Hoping Leeds can start to show their potential as a club at last.

Already dreading the day Bielsa leaves though. How do you replace someone like that? A total one off.
It’s a great feeling being back isn’t it? Same with us last summer, the expectation and excitement. The Premier League has it’s massive failings but it sure beats being in the Championship with the money, exposure and playing alongside the top teams and players. No doubt that Leeds belong in the top flight.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:13 pm
Zippy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 am

It’s a great feeling being back isn’t it? Same with us last summer, the expectation and excitement. The Premier League has it’s massive failings but it sure beats being in the Championship with the money, exposure and playing alongside the top teams and players. No doubt that Leeds belong in the top flight.
Indeed. The Championship is an exciting league but I won't miss playing Millwall, Cardiff etc season after season. Mainly cause we always lose to them, but that's another story! :) Glad you stayed up - looking forward to renewing ties with Villa. Should be tasty after what happened in 2019. Give me a fixture against them rather than Watford or Bournemouth any day of the week.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Brentford could become the new Bournemouth (without the seaside bit) . If they go up, cue Mike Graham bringing up his relative every week.

6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.