NFL Road to Superbowl LV and NtFL Games

Anything sportlike
shabbado

Re: NFL Road to Superbowl LV and NtFL Games

Post by shabbado »

Boom

TD KC

30-15

Hard to see the Bills scoring two TDs and stopping KC.
A joyless arsehole.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Bad luck Kevin's Bills. A game too far but a great season.

So two weeks time it's Mahomes v Brady.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

subsub

Post by subsub »

Hmm…not sure who I want to win now.
:?
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Conference Championships scores on the doors:

Buccaneers by 5.
Chiefs by 14.

Some notes. Sadly davidarthur and Kevin were late on the first game. :( Though both would have gone for the Packers. But if left 3/8 on the Buccaneers. 4/10 on the Chiefs with heart over head Kevin on his Bills

One spot on this week. Davidarthur on the Chiefs. 8)

Top predictor and only predictor with 2/2 was Salem. :)

Four players failed to trouble the scorer. :(

Conference Championships tables, please always check:

Only one change of position, Salem moving up to 3rd place and the third of a now three horse race to win NtFL Super Bowl XVIII. Davidarthur’s one correct prediction brings him 15pts behind leader Kevin who is still on for a perfect season .

Super Bowl LV fixture up soon.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Super Bowl LV. Deadline is Sunday 7 February at 11.30pm. PMs welcome:

Kansas City Chiefs @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

A game too far etc, but they are just too good, TBH. Mahomes is a winner, no doubt about it - 25 years old and back-to-back Super Bowls. We started well, but just met a better team. Allen is immense, but you can see how rough around the edges he is, compared to Mahomes. Still, a brilliant season, didn't embarrass ourselves ; and the onside kick return was a bit too late. Knox, Beasley, Singeltary, Tiggs, and Allen is fairly robust and exciting offense to get behind. Here's to next year, and hopefully sitting above the Pats in the AFC East - I'll take that right now! ;)

Not to be, CJ, but whilst we came probably as far as we could. Probably for the better too, I don't know what I would have done if the Bills got to the final and wiped out by a Brady performance again - it's very nice to not be playing against him twice a year. The man is unbelievable, and always get the job done in the Playoffs - 3 road game victories in no mean feat against better teams, right that's enough about him, already need to clear my mouth out after that..

Anyhoos roll on two weeks and the final. I'll make my prediction pre-KO this time ; but with Tampa's defence you'd think Mahomes and Kelce should cut them open and win fairly comfortable, but it's fuhtbaal and it's feckin' Brady who threw for over 500 yards in his last SB when he was 41!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kevin04 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:26 pm A game too far etc, but they are just too good, TBH. Mahomes is a winner, no doubt about it - 25 years old and back-to-back Super Bowls. We started well, but just met a better team. Allen is immense, but you can see how rough around the edges he is, compared to Mahomes. Still, a brilliant season, didn't embarrass ourselves ; and the onside kick return was a bit too late. Knox, Beasley, Singeltary, Tiggs, and Allen is fairly robust and exciting offense to get behind. Here's to next year, and hopefully sitting above the Pats in the AFC East - I'll take that right now! ;)

Not to be, CJ, but whilst we came probably as far as we could. Probably for the better too, I don't know what I would have done if the Bills got to the final and wiped out by a Brady performance again - it's very nice to not be playing against him twice a year. The man is unbelievable, and always get the job done in the Playoffs - 3 road game victories in no mean feat against better teams, right that's enough about him, already need to clear my mouth out after that..

Anyhoos roll on two weeks and the final. I'll make my prediction pre-KO this time ; but with Tampa's defence you'd think Mahomes and Kelce should cut them open and win fairly comfortable, but it's fuhtbaal and it's feckin' Brady who threw for over 500 yards in his last SB when he was 41!
Fair words, Kevin. Just watched the 11mins youtube highlights. Mahomes still looked great post-concussion. Yes about Allen, but was against a better defense than most. And yay about onside kick, 4mins left and three scores down, even if worked time ran down probably not enough. Yay, though onside kicks. As per, those, Hail Mary's and laterals are the greatest plays, especially laterals. 8)

Roll on next season and as you said, no fear of the Patriots now. :)

Big Willy Gavin on with H&J saying 22k in Tampa for Super Bowl LV with many neg tested first responders. Apparently, 9k at Lambeau last night, might watch highlights sometime.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Just for info, Kevin. As per here: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p ... 4#p1551034
Carlos J wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:39 pm
davidarthur wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:26 pm Thanks Carlos - Kev still not yet uncatchable as surely he will be going for his Bills over the Chiefs 😀
Hopefully, david, with a big lead, but he still might go head over heart. Wonder if Kevin will be a good egg and post his predictions rather than PM them. Then I will go against all he does. Though that doesn't help others in the hunt as I can see his PMs. May have to rethink that and not open any PM as will give an unfair advantage.
I held on and on until 8.03pm. No problem on the Bills/Chiefs but if I saw Kevin on the Pack, would have gone Buccs by 7.

Which would have got me 48pts and now on 413pts and a four horse race. Darn you missing time control, Kevin. :) Only joshing, glad you didn't feck up the perfect predictions though by being late. Perfect season still on, and the first to do it twice. 8)

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Chiefs by 10
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:54 pm
Carlos J wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:25 pm
subsub wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:11 pm
kevin04 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:05 pm Write off the TB-GB game then if it kicked off, but surely David and I's Bills-KC prediction should be able to make the cut (KO isn't for two and half hours)
Agreed, Kev. If the game hasn't kicked off, all good :)

And not sure about writing off predictions, but as I said, perhaps a default prediction would be the fairest solution.
I'll sort something for next season, but in regular weeks, most game is punt off at 6pm. Imagine if we did a default 10pts for away team, what about if that player got loads of spot ons. Luck of the draw, but interesting.
Agreed, Carlos - getting 50pts for NOT making a prediction is not ideal, either!
Yeah. Stick as we should be. Late and void, though as per, sometimes gave a leniency for a minute or two late, err trying to be nice. :)

This was an extreme anomaly. The top two in an all both late. Doubt will happen again, but we're all good for September. Sorted.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:32 pm Just for info, Kevin. As per here: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p ... 4#p1551034
davidarthur wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:26 pm Thanks Carlos - Kev still not yet uncatchable as surely he will be going for his Bills over the Chiefs 😀
Hopefully, david, with a big lead, but he still might go head over heart. Wonder if Kevin will be a good egg and post his predictions rather than PM them. Then I will go against all he does. Though that doesn't help others in the hunt as I can see his PMs. May have to rethink that and not open any PM as will give an unfair advantage.
I held on and on until 8.03pm. No problem on the Bills/Chiefs but if I saw Kevin on the Pack, would have gone Buccs by 7.

Which would have got me 48pts and now on 413pts and a four horse race. Darn you missing time control, Kevin. :) Only joshing, glad you didn't feck up the perfect predictions though by being late. Perfect season still on, and the first to do it twice. 8)
I think the organisers of these things need to announce their own predictions, too, to avoid scenarios like that. Maybe PM to another player who's not involved?
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:49 pm
subsub wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:54 pm
Carlos J wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:25 pm
subsub wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:11 pm
kevin04 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:05 pm Write off the TB-GB game then if it kicked off, but surely David and I's Bills-KC prediction should be able to make the cut (KO isn't for two and half hours)
Agreed, Kev. If the game hasn't kicked off, all good :)

And not sure about writing off predictions, but as I said, perhaps a default prediction would be the fairest solution.
I'll sort something for next season, but in regular weeks, most game is punt off at 6pm. Imagine if we did a default 10pts for away team, what about if that player got loads of spot ons. Luck of the draw, but interesting.
Agreed, Carlos - getting 50pts for NOT making a prediction is not ideal, either!
Yeah. Stick as we should be. Late and void, though as per, sometimes gave a leniency for a minute or two late, err trying to be nice. :)

This was an extreme anomaly. The top two in an all both late. Doubt will happen again, but we're all good for September. Sorted.
Yep, couple of minutes is fine, but only if the game is still 0-0 otherwise wouldn't be fair on all players.
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:44 pm
Carlos J wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:32 pm Just for info, Kevin. As per here: https://talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p ... 4#p1551034

I think the organisers of these things need to announce their own predictions, too, to avoid scenarios like that. Maybe PM to another player who's not involved?
Agreed, sub. As per when been in a knokout, have said I will post predictions at a certain time, to allow others to follow. It is a rarity and we don't have too worry till September now. :)

With a title up for grabs, everyone is waiting on Kevin. And as his right, he may PM. :)

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Chiefs by 238 8)
There's no poem, just prose.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 pm Chiefs by 238 8)
Ha. You can always change up to the deadline if you want. And no place on the Honours board if you don't. ;)