Sid Pervcat

Re: Your club's legends who make you feel ashamed

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Luis Suarez.

Cunt.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm Luis Suarez.

Cunt.
Bloody hell, I knew there HAD to be a Liverpool fan out there who acknowledged what a god awful little cunt Suarez is but never thought I’d actually encounter them :shock:
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Reg

Post by Reg »

Ships. :(
Roy IN!!

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JW90 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:11 pm
Zippy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:36 am
JW90 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:26 pm
Zippy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:28 am During the wilderness years, all three would have needed Google Maps to locate Elland Road. Now they are popping up everywhere.
Happens with a lot of teams, I reckon.

Problem is that a lot of the people who were around during the wilderness aren't relevant to the broadcasters. They aren't a big name. You'd rather hear a key player from your League One promotion over a bloke who couldn't wait to get out after relegation from the Premier League. I'd rather hear from a player who joined in League One and was around to clinch another promotion instead of somebody who left 20 years ago and pissed everyone off.

But the TV people have heard of Mills, Hasselbaink and Savage, not Casper Ankergren or Lloyd Dyer.
That's true. It may be down to Covid and the current travelling restrictions, but on promotion, I was hopeful of appearances from the likes of Lucas Radebe, Nigel Martyn, Gary Kelly, Olivier Dacourt and perhaps even the ever elusive David Batty. A Mark Viduka nostalgia appearance on Monday Night Football would go down a treat. :) Alas, we'll make do with Mills :cry:
What happened to David Batty? He seemed to retire then promptly head to the wilderness, when did he last do a public occasion?
Batty was always one of those footballers who didn't really care for the sport and saw it more as a job. He was always more into motorbikes, as I recall.

He was seen alive and well in Harrogate a few months ago and his pic was passed around Twitter. Good to see but apparently he's turned down plenty of invites to Elland Road by the club as he simply isn't arsed :) A shame as he's a favourite player of a lot of men of a certain age.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Never at a club I supported, but probably a legend to some.
I only mention him because he is deserving of extreme insults.
I refer to the 'Poison Dwarf' alias Dennis Wise.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:49 am Never at a club I supported, but probably a legend to some.
He’s an oxymoron

One of the biggest, and yet smallest, cunts in the history of football.

In a bit Foam Moe

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:49 am Never at a club I supported, but probably a legend to some.
Probably the player with the most ludicrous haircut post retirement, where did that thatch come from? Even that once bald goalie isn’t falling for it.

He was good in the Wire though.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:03 am
Probably the player with the most ludicrous haircut post retirement, where did that thatch come from? Even that once bald goalie isn’t falling for it.

He was good in the Wire though.

:lol:

In a bit Foam Moe

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Wise is an odious little shit. Horrible bloke.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JW90

Post by JW90 »

We've had some absolute duffers at our club, expensive flops too. Wise is the only person I wish had never, ever been near the place.

Vile little cunt.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Zippy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:44 am
JW90 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:11 pm
Zippy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:36 am
JW90 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:26 pm
Zippy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:28 am During the wilderness years, all three would have needed Google Maps to locate Elland Road. Now they are popping up everywhere.
Happens with a lot of teams, I reckon.

Problem is that a lot of the people who were around during the wilderness aren't relevant to the broadcasters. They aren't a big name. You'd rather hear a key player from your League One promotion over a bloke who couldn't wait to get out after relegation from the Premier League. I'd rather hear from a player who joined in League One and was around to clinch another promotion instead of somebody who left 20 years ago and pissed everyone off.

But the TV people have heard of Mills, Hasselbaink and Savage, not Casper Ankergren or Lloyd Dyer.
That's true. It may be down to Covid and the current travelling restrictions, but on promotion, I was hopeful of appearances from the likes of Lucas Radebe, Nigel Martyn, Gary Kelly, Olivier Dacourt and perhaps even the ever elusive David Batty. A Mark Viduka nostalgia appearance on Monday Night Football would go down a treat. :) Alas, we'll make do with Mills :cry:
What happened to David Batty? He seemed to retire then promptly head to the wilderness, when did he last do a public occasion?
Batty was always one of those footballers who didn't really care for the sport and saw it more as a job. He was always more into motorbikes, as I recall.

He was seen alive and well in Harrogate a few months ago and his pic was passed around Twitter. Good to see but apparently he's turned down plenty of invites to Elland Road by the club as he simply isn't arsed :) A shame as he's a favourite player of a lot of men of a certain age.
Not Graham Le Saux though.
There's no poem, just prose.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Wasn’t Dennis Wise responsible for trashing the Blue Peter garden all those years ago?

Him and Sir Les Ferdinand if I recall.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:20 pm Wasn’t Dennis Wise responsible for trashing the Blue Peter garden all those years ago?

Him and Sir Les Ferdinand if I recall.
Doubtful he could get his short arse over the wall as an adult never mind as a child.
A joyless arsehole.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On