Your club's legends who make you feel ashamed

Anything sportlike
Moby Dicky

Re: Your club's legends who make you feel ashamed

Post by Moby Dicky »

A bit unfair to Dean Saunders.
He did a terrific job as Wolves manager.
Can’t be arsed.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zambo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:58 pm
JW90 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:16 pm Robbie Savage- Self appointed legend, loved to kiss the badge of his current club in front of our fans then cry when we called him a cunt.
Biggest cunt ever to wear the shirt and we've had some.

Summed up his thickness, when he said he left us to join Blackburn because it was nearer to his parents in Wrexham, when in fact it was further.
He acted really unprofessionally around that time, too. He seemed to leave every team under a cloud and isn't popular at pretty much everywhere he played.

The problem is, now we're relevant in the eyes of the media for once, he's the go-to man. Yet for 15 years him and the fans have been having a go at each other. Most of the other disliked figures are all irrelevant again.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Wouldn't quite class them as legends but of the prominent ex-Leeds players who are wheeled out by the media, there are three who are not much liked:

Paul Robinson Couldn't wait to fuck off to Spurs as soon as we were relegated. In fact, it is known he was angling for a move that January. Was never fit to lace Nigel Martyn's shoes. Was an absolute shambles in that last season - overweight and shit.

Danny Mills Bloke was a leech and is generally ill informed about everything going on at the club. He had a swipe at the still popular Olivier Dacourt recently which didn't go down well. Gary Kelly was always better anyway.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink Guy has been about as popular as a pork pie at a Jewish wedding ever since he threw his toys out the pram and left just days before the start of the 99/00 season. Also a horrendous pundit who is lazy in his research.

During the wilderness years, all three would have needed Google Maps to locate Elland Road. Now they are popping up everywhere.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JW90 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Zambo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:58 pm
JW90 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:16 pm Robbie Savage- Self appointed legend, loved to kiss the badge of his current club in front of our fans then cry when we called him a cunt.
Biggest cunt ever to wear the shirt and we've had some.

Summed up his thickness, when he said he left us to join Blackburn because it was nearer to his parents in Wrexham, when in fact it was further.
He acted really unprofessionally around that time, too. He seemed to leave every team under a cloud and isn't popular at pretty much everywhere he played.

The problem is, now we're relevant in the eyes of the media for once, he's the go-to man. Yet for 15 years him and the fans have been having a go at each other. Most of the other disliked figures are all irrelevant again.
As a teenager, me and my school mates saw Robbie Savage in a convertible in Stratford (where he lived for a time). One of the lads called him a wanker, which he heard. He started shouting something back at us while driving away at the same time.

So juvenile but I do look back on it with a chuckle, just because it's Savage :)
Last edited by Zippy on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:47 pm I'll start off with Gabby Agbonlahor.

He's frequently referred to a Villa legend by all but the club's fans. Record scorer but only really because he was with us for so long and became an unflushable turd for the last few years and chose to spend the time eating Greggs pies and being a huge cunt sucking wages out of us, we were very badly run.

He's obviously now getting coin for being a troll and shill for TS. Comes across as particularly thick, communicates inarticulately and seems to exist to wind up Leeds fans. I detest the cunt, I really do.
I can't understand why people take him seriously. He probably earned £50,000+ a week for almost a decade but he was a complete joke as a footballer by his late 20s, and he's now reliant on shit money from Talksport. He's obviously thick and his face and dodgy tache makes me feel a tiny bit sick whenever I see him.

It's embarrassing that some Leeds fans get so wound up by him.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Dean Saunders is Welsh, so surely that gives him a pass. All Welsh are utter cunts. When the coalmines got shut they all went mad. I respect them in a sense because they gave us Richard Burton (pisshead) and Dylan Thomas (pisshead). Oh and i'd certainly have given Charlotte Church one, before she went mad of course. No, Deano shouldn't be an enemy, he should just be shuffled-off to a home for the mad Welsh.

As for Danny Mills ... A miserable, arrogant, disagreeable sod of a man. Not seen him much on TV these days. GOOD.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zippy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:28 am During the wilderness years, all three would have needed Google Maps to locate Elland Road. Now they are popping up everywhere.
Happens with a lot of teams, I reckon.

Problem is that a lot of the people who were around during the wilderness aren't relevant to the broadcasters. They aren't a big name. You'd rather hear a key player from your League One promotion over a bloke who couldn't wait to get out after relegation from the Premier League. I'd rather hear from a player who joined in League One and was around to clinch another promotion instead of somebody who left 20 years ago and pissed everyone off.

But the TV people have heard of Mills, Hasselbaink and Savage, not Casper Ankergren or Lloyd Dyer.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

JW90 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:26 pm
But the TV people have heard of Mills, Hasselbaink and Savage, not Casper Ankergren or Lloyd Dyer.
Cunt was in net when they knocked us out of the cup 10 years ago :smt013

Hasselbaink was full of the most appalling shite when I saw him on telly recently. Massive twat.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Zippy wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:28 am During the wilderness years, all three would have needed Google Maps to locate Elland Road. Now they are popping up everywhere.

Problem is that a lot of the people who were around during the wilderness aren't relevant to the broadcasters. They aren't a big name. You'd rather hear a key player from your League One promotion over a bloke who couldn't wait to get out after relegation from the Premier League. I'd rather hear from a player who joined in League One and was around to clinch another promotion instead of somebody who left 20 years ago and pissed everyone off.

That's true. It may be down to Covid and the current travelling restrictions, but on promotion, I was hopeful of appearances from the likes of Lucas Radebe, Nigel Martyn, Gary Kelly, Olivier Dacourt and perhaps even the ever elusive David Batty. A Mark Viduka nostalgia appearance on Monday Night Football would go down a treat. :) Alas, we'll make do with Mills :cry:
"Cunt" - sjbarca

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Moby Dicky wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:39 pm A bit unfair to Dean Saunders.
He did a forgettable job as Wolves manager.
There , fixed it for you.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:47 pm I'll start off with Gabby Agbonlahor.

He's frequently referred to a Villa legend by all but the club's fans. Record scorer but only really because he was with us for so long and became an unflushable turd for the last few years and chose to spend the time eating Greggs pies and being a huge cunt sucking wages out of us, we were very badly run.

He's obviously now getting coin for being a troll and shill for TS. Comes across as particularly thick, communicates inarticulately and seems to exist to wind up Leeds fans. I detest the cunt, I really do.
When I first read this I thought you were being a bit harsh on the rotund goal getter. Sure he wasn’t the greatest player ever but at least he’s having a go at the wireless these days.

However.....

The ugly twat is an absolute disgrace. How dare he think he touch that shirt let alone wear it? Take it off you fool and never trouble our lives again.

Wanker!!!
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

😂😂😂

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Why did he need a hammer to take a football shirt out of a frame?

How fucking incompetent is it possible to be?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

At what point did the portly prick look at the framed shirt on the wall and think “I’d look good in that!”
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zippy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:36 am

That's true. It may be down to Covid and the current travelling restrictions, but on promotion, I was hopeful of appearances from the likes of Lucas Radebe, Nigel Martyn, Gary Kelly, Olivier Dacourt and perhaps even the ever elusive David Batty. A Mark Viduka nostalgia appearance on Monday Night Football would go down a treat. :) Alas, we'll make do with Mills :cry:
What happened to David Batty? He seemed to retire then promptly head to the wilderness, when did he last do a public occasion?